~~| What Should Lebron Do? Vol. New Nike Commercial

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by toine2983

I'm trying to figure out why some of you think the HOF speech part was a dig at MJ.
This.

and like I said before.....it would be insanely IDIOTIC for Nike to take a shot at MJ for the sake of Lebron.  

Hey DoubleJ's, did you read the Express today??

I'm trying to figure out why some of you think the HOF speech part was a dig at MJ.
This.

and like I said before.....it would be insanely IDIOTIC for Nike to take a shot at MJ for the sake of Lebron.  

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Exactly. First MJ had plenty of ppl @ his speech (possibly the most ever)

They were going at the ppl who say he "Ruined his legacy" by signing with the Heat and now no1 would go to his HOF speech because he is "No longer a HOFer" because of his decision.

People try too hard to look for #@%# that isnt there. And on that note stop with the "It was a Mamba snake" The #%%@$% thing isnt even black. Its a normal desert snake hence the cowboy outfit and Wild West backdrop.

I agree with all that.
But just to play around....Kobe is in the western conference and isnt that near the point in the commercial where being a Villain is mentioned 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Exactly. First MJ had plenty of ppl @ his speech (possibly the most ever)

They were going at the ppl who say he "Ruined his legacy" by signing with the Heat and now no1 would go to his HOF speech because he is "No longer a HOFer" because of his decision.

People try too hard to look for #@%# that isnt there. And on that note stop with the "It was a Mamba snake" The #%%@$% thing isnt even black. Its a normal desert snake hence the cowboy outfit and Wild West backdrop.

I agree with all that.
But just to play around....Kobe is in the western conference and isnt that near the point in the commercial where being a Villain is mentioned 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

This.

Nah...I missed it.  What was said?  U got a link?

This.

This.

I guess he does take a shot at Jordan in the commercial according to the Express, link is below, look at the description of the commercial in the bottom right hand corner..........

http://pdf/PDF/2010-10-26/Express/T19_SE_EZ_EXPRESS_20101026.pdf

This.

I guess he does take a shot at Jordan in the commercial according to the Express, link is below, look at the description of the commercial in the bottom right hand corner..........

As if this mess wasn't already ridiculous enough, no one said that.

As if this mess wasn't already ridiculous enough, no one said that.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by Pitman13

Excellent Commercial.

BUT

- I agree with everything Chuck said about LeBronze.
- He's still an attention +#+!! and a cry-baby.
- He's still BatGirl for siding with Wade to win a chip
- His Legacy will be forever tarnished.
- Kobe is and always will be the best NBA player since #23

That is all.

Hilarious, you agree with everything Chuck has said about LeBron, then you go on to say that Kobe is the best. Yet Chuck has said countless times that LeBron is the best player in the league. Can you explain to me how these two beliefs of yours coexist?

madareyou.png
Wait... you're comparing to what Chuck said before the decision to what he said AFTER the decision? Or did you just read a statement and press the reply button. It's obvious he meant he agrees everything Chuck said about LeBron after the decision. So bringing up what Chuck said about Kobe is pointless
laugh.gif

33kxkqa.jpg

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by Pitman13

Excellent Commercial.

BUT

- I agree with everything Chuck said about LeBronze.
- He's still an attention +#+!! and a cry-baby.
- He's still BatGirl for siding with Wade to win a chip
- His Legacy will be forever tarnished.
- Kobe is and always will be the best NBA player since #23

That is all.

Hilarious, you agree with everything Chuck has said about LeBron, then you go on to say that Kobe is the best. Yet Chuck has said countless times that LeBron is the best player in the league. Can you explain to me how these two beliefs of yours coexist?

madareyou.png
Wait... you're comparing to what Chuck said before the decision to what he said AFTER the decision? Or did you just read a statement and press the reply button. It's obvious he meant he agrees everything Chuck said about LeBron after the decision. So bringing up what Chuck said about Kobe is pointless
laugh.gif

33kxkqa.jpg

This.

For some reason the link wont open on my computer here at work....I'll give it a try when I get home. 

DK, what do you think of the whole thing?  Obviously I haven't read the article, but do you believe that Nike would be that bold as to take a jab at MJ? 

This.

For some reason the link wont open on my computer here at work....I'll give it a try when I get home. 

DK, what do you think of the whole thing?  Obviously I haven't read the article, but do you believe that Nike would be that bold as to take a jab at MJ? 

Then, the shot at Jordan: "What should I do? Should I just sell shoes? Wanna see my shiny new shoes?"

While not obvious, it looks like this is at least a subtle jab at Jordan, who was a businessman above all else, typified by his famous quote on why he wouldn't speak out on political issues: "Republicans buy sneakers, too."

If you look close, LeBron is even wearing those 80s sunglasses Jordan used to wear, famously in his "Saturday Night Live" appearance and in some of the Mars Blackman Nike ads, back in the day.

Then, the shot at Jordan: "What should I do? Should I just sell shoes? Wanna see my shiny new shoes?"

While not obvious, it looks like this is at least a subtle jab at Jordan, who was a businessman above all else, typified by his famous quote on why he wouldn't speak out on political issues: "Republicans buy sneakers, too."

If you look close, LeBron is even wearing those 80s sunglasses Jordan used to wear, famously in his "Saturday Night Live" appearance and in some of the Mars Blackman Nike ads, back in the day.

you know the ad is good when people are arguing over this... controversy aka what nike wanted lol

you know the ad is good when people are arguing over this... controversy aka what nike wanted lol

I wouldn't think that Nike would take a jab at Mike but at the same time I wouldn't think they would take a jab at Charles so I can't say that I wouldn't put it pass them.  The only thing is the HOF speech part in the commercial obviously isn't as blatant of a jab at Mike as the jab at Chuck was.  I think if anything the HOF part might have been something that Lebron came up with Nike not knowing that he might have been going at Mike if that is/was the case.  The thing aobut the HOF speech in the commercial to me is that Mike's HOF speech wasn't even that heavily criticized afterwards if I remember so I can't see why Lebron would even try to highlight that at all in his commercial if that is the case.  I don't even think it was Nike's idea to go at Charles, moreso Lebron's input on the commercial and because they cater to him so much since he's the cash cow over there now they thew a shot at Charles to please their golden boy.  Nike is releasing some of of Charles's retros this upcoming year so they got to know that this commercial might cause some type of inner conflict business wise with Charles but I guess they don't care. 

DoubleJs, I copied the part of the Express for you below that gives the description of the commercial..............

I wouldn't think that Nike would take a jab at Mike but at the same time I wouldn't think they would take a jab at Charles so I can't say that I wouldn't put it pass them.  The only thing is the HOF speech part in the commercial obviously isn't as blatant of a jab at Mike as the jab at Chuck was.  I think if anything the HOF part might have been something that Lebron came up with Nike not knowing that he might have been going at Mike if that is/was the case.  The thing aobut the HOF speech in the commercial to me is that Mike's HOF speech wasn't even that heavily criticized afterwards if I remember so I can't see why Lebron would even try to highlight that at all in his commercial if that is the case.  I don't even think it was Nike's idea to go at Charles, moreso Lebron's input on the commercial and because they cater to him so much since he's the cash cow over there now they thew a shot at Charles to please their golden boy.  Nike is releasing some of of Charles's retros this upcoming year so they got to know that this commercial might cause some type of inner conflict business wise with Charles but I guess they don't care. 

DoubleJs, I copied the part of the Express for you below that gives the description of the commercial..............

Back
Top Bottom