~~| What Should Lebron Do? Vol. New Nike Commercial

I'm trying to figure out why some of you think the HOF speech part was a dig at MJ.

I'm trying to figure out why some of you think the HOF speech part was a dig at MJ.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Exactly. First MJ had plenty of ppl @ his speech (possibly the most ever)

They were going at the ppl who say he "Ruined his legacy" by signing with the Heat and now no1 would go to his HOF speech because he is "No longer a HOFer" because of his decision.

People try too hard to look for #@%# that isnt there. And on that note stop with the "It was a Mamba snake" The #%%@$% thing isnt even black. Its a normal desert snake hence the cowboy outfit and Wild West backdrop.

They were going at the ppl who say he "Ruined his legacy" by signing with the Heat and now no1 would go to his HOF speech because he is "No longer a HOFer" because of his decision.

People try too hard to look for #@%# that isnt there. And on that note stop with the "It was a Mamba snake" The #%%@$% thing isnt even black. Its a normal desert snake hence the cowboy outfit and Wild West backdrop.

makes me even more hype for this season
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

u mad huh

u mad huh

I did like how the commercial reminded me of the Jordan shoe commercials.

I mess with it. *Patiently waits for Sir Charles' feedback on the commercial*

I did like how the commercial reminded me of the Jordan shoe commercials.

I mess with it. *Patiently waits for Sir Charles' feedback on the commercial*

This.

and like I said before.....it would be insanely IDIOTIC for Nike to take a shot at MJ for the sake of Lebron.  

This.

and like I said before.....it would be insanely IDIOTIC for Nike to take a shot at MJ for the sake of Lebron.  

QFT. Yall probably think Bush blew up the towers, Jay-Z runs the illuminati, and man never landed on the moon
laugh.gif

QFT. Yall probably think Bush blew up the towers, Jay-Z runs the illuminati, and man never landed on the moon
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by windycity7

u mad huh

U too dense to come up with an actual arguement? I was just stating that people try to reach too much for %$+@ and the best examples in this thread happened to be about the MJ thing and people thinkin it was a Mamba snake (just so they could bring Kobe into the discussion) I don't see how I came off as angry. Just stating my opinion champ.

Now maybe I offended you because you were one of the ppl who drew one of those outlandish conclusions from the commercial. So good sir I ask you......... Art thou perturbed.

Originally Posted by windycity7

u mad huh

U too dense to come up with an actual arguement? I was just stating that people try to reach too much for %$+@ and the best examples in this thread happened to be about the MJ thing and people thinkin it was a Mamba snake (just so they could bring Kobe into the discussion) I don't see how I came off as angry. Just stating my opinion champ.

Now maybe I offended you because you were one of the ppl who drew one of those outlandish conclusions from the commercial. So good sir I ask you......... Art thou perturbed.

Originally Posted by True Blues

The people at Wieden+Kennedy sure can put together a television spot.
Cosign.

And the editing is perfect.

I was a little disappointed though, because I was hoping Nike would have LeBron go all NWO. But that makes very little marketing sense, I suppose, to promote LeBron as the Most Hated or whatever (even though they briefly addressed it in the montage). 

All in all, it's a good ad. Doesn't move the meter though in my opinion of LeBron the human being, which has dropped drastically due to his handling of the Decision and his attitude since (his Twitter feed is just sad). That still doesn't make me rank him anywhere less than the most talented basketball player on the planet right now. His skills haven't diminished, obviously, and even in the preseason that breathlessness was still  there whenever he broke out in the open court.

That's the thing man, you can hate his Decision, or the way he went about it, but don't allow that to blind you to reality: Boy's still a %%*#%## beast between those lines. And he has a lot of years left to terrorize the League.

Now as to the "legacy" whenever he decides to hang 'em up? Well, let's not get into that just yet...

Originally Posted by True Blues

The people at Wieden+Kennedy sure can put together a television spot.
Cosign.

And the editing is perfect.

I was a little disappointed though, because I was hoping Nike would have LeBron go all NWO. But that makes very little marketing sense, I suppose, to promote LeBron as the Most Hated or whatever (even though they briefly addressed it in the montage). 

All in all, it's a good ad. Doesn't move the meter though in my opinion of LeBron the human being, which has dropped drastically due to his handling of the Decision and his attitude since (his Twitter feed is just sad). That still doesn't make me rank him anywhere less than the most talented basketball player on the planet right now. His skills haven't diminished, obviously, and even in the preseason that breathlessness was still  there whenever he broke out in the open court.

That's the thing man, you can hate his Decision, or the way he went about it, but don't allow that to blind you to reality: Boy's still a %%*#%## beast between those lines. And he has a lot of years left to terrorize the League.

Now as to the "legacy" whenever he decides to hang 'em up? Well, let's not get into that just yet...

Back
Top Bottom