What to expect when I start Law School....

Originally Posted by DrTobaggan

Originally Posted by Dr Mantis Toboggan

How are you gonna jack my sn like that?
Check the date I joined NT 
wink.gif

If you don't use it you lose it. That's just science.
^^^

I agree.
As an impartial observer here in the Great Tobaggan Debates, I'd have to say that "DrTobaggan" has more posts and an accompanying picture.
Whereas "Dr Mantis Toboggan" has only his join date in defense.

"DrTobaggan" has clearly shown he is the definitive Tobaggan, irregardless of said join date

Originally Posted by Zephyr1983

wink.gif

^^^

I agree.
As an impartial observer here in the Great Tobaggan Debates, I'd have to say that "DrTobaggan" has more posts and an accompanying picture.

"DrTobaggan" has clearly shown he is the definitive Tobaggan, irregardless of said join date
wrong

wink.gif

^^^

I agree.

wink.gif

^^^

I agree.

wink.gif

^^^

I agree.

wrong

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Them taking a lot of your money so you can get initiated into their bull %%%% lifestyle that exploits people who have less intellectual capacity than they do.

Do you go to law school?  If you don't, you shouldn't post baseless statements that do nothing to help anyone in this thread.
Baseless he says. Like I need to go to law school to prove my capability to you or anyone for that matter.
laugh.gif

Thats where the problem is within the big picture. We are the law. Not the guys at Harvard or any other high class Ivy League institution that breeds class antagonism and snobbery.

Them taking a lot of your money so you can get initiated into their bull %%%% lifestyle that exploits people who have less intellectual capacity than they do.

Do you go to law school?  If you don't, you shouldn't post baseless statements that do nothing to help anyone in this thread.
Baseless he says. Like I need to go to law school to prove my capability to you or anyone for that matter.
laugh.gif

Thats where the problem is within the big picture. We are the law. Not the guys at Harvard or any other high class Ivy League institution that breeds class antagonism and snobbery.

Not the guys at Harvard or any other high class Ivy League institution that breeds class antagonism and snobbery.

Im pretty sure you have no idea what your talking about.

There are almost two hundred law schools in the country, most of which still provide perfectly good legal education without the price tag or elitism of the top 14. And people of all backgrounds and interests attend these schools.

A person wanting to understand the law as an educational and professional pursuit has nothing to do with class snobbery.

I dont know why your all bent out of shape about this,
If you want to learn the law, go to law school.
There is no illuminattii/mason's thing going on here.

Not the guys at Harvard or any other high class Ivy League institution that breeds class antagonism and snobbery.

There are almost two hundred law schools in the country, most of which still provide perfectly good legal education without the price tag or elitism of the top 14. And people of all backgrounds and interests attend these schools.

A person wanting to understand the law as an educational and professional pursuit has nothing to do with class snobbery.

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

A lot of great advice in here! To reiterate, it will be a grind. The hardest you have ever worked in your life. As long as you are prepared of literally 9AM -10 or 11pm days, then you will be fine! Oh and dont be ashamed of Study Aides. Everyone will front like they dont use them, dont be fooled!

This man speaks the truth.  Glannon for Civil Procedure and Chemerinsky for Constitutional Law are godsends.
Also, everyone preparing for the LSAT should order the Powerscore Logic Games and Analytical Reasoning Bibles from Amazon.  They cost ~40 bucks each, but helped me raise my score 15 points.  The money I spent on these, as well as the ~60 bucks I spent on Real LSAT practice tests (order from LSAC.org or Amazon) paid off when I was awarded a substantial scholarship.

Anyone with questions, feel free to shoot a PM to me.

Is this the only LSAT prep you did? Another question, say I'm planning on going to law school in the fall of 2012. When should I take the LSAT and get my apps out by?

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

A lot of great advice in here! To reiterate, it will be a grind. The hardest you have ever worked in your life. As long as you are prepared of literally 9AM -10 or 11pm days, then you will be fine! Oh and dont be ashamed of Study Aides. Everyone will front like they dont use them, dont be fooled!

This man speaks the truth.  Glannon for Civil Procedure and Chemerinsky for Constitutional Law are godsends.
Also, everyone preparing for the LSAT should order the Powerscore Logic Games and Analytical Reasoning Bibles from Amazon.  They cost ~40 bucks each, but helped me raise my score 15 points.  The money I spent on these, as well as the ~60 bucks I spent on Real LSAT practice tests (order from LSAC.org or Amazon) paid off when I was awarded a substantial scholarship.

Anyone with questions, feel free to shoot a PM to me.

Is this the only LSAT prep you did? Another question, say I'm planning on going to law school in the fall of 2012. When should I take the LSAT and get my apps out by?

Originally Posted by KickHead23

If its in your budget I would also recommend a Kaplan prep program. But cost vs. reward might not be worth it.
If you think you can be ready in time I would definitely say you should take the June LSAT. This will allow you to get your apps out during Oct/Nov which can give you a slight edge in the cycle. Most schools wont give out admittance until after January, so the Oct. LSAT is still ok, but you will have to rush your apps.
If you can take the June test you should, because some schools will admit a certain few as early as Nov. when the application pool is decidedly less competitive.

Originally Posted by KickHead23

If its in your budget I would also recommend a Kaplan prep program. But cost vs. reward might not be worth it.
If you think you can be ready in time I would definitely say you should take the June LSAT. This will allow you to get your apps out during Oct/Nov which can give you a slight edge in the cycle. Most schools wont give out admittance until after January, so the Oct. LSAT is still ok, but you will have to rush your apps.
If you can take the June test you should, because some schools will admit a certain few as early as Nov. when the application pool is decidedly less competitive.

And also when applying for schools (like I for example am targeting UF), do recommendation letters, community service, other bs fillers like that really sway them or no?

And also when applying for schools (like I for example am targeting UF), do recommendation letters, community service, other bs fillers like that really sway them or no?

It's not like anything I said has ever been said before. I'm just making this up as I go.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I don't fall for illuminati/masonry labeling tactics that are simply mysticized references to the ruling elite/corporate entities who have a choke hold on politics. These are real concepts that anybody could legitimately research, it's naivety that stops people from organizing.

It's just funny to see a class of people bathe in their luxurious contradictions while good people are out here struggling. There's a lot of complexities that factor into why society is they way it is, but you're lying to yourself if you don't see the collective situation in this country going to !%**.

It's not like anything I said has ever been said before. I'm just making this up as I go.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I don't fall for illuminati/masonry labeling tactics that are simply mysticized references to the ruling elite/corporate entities who have a choke hold on politics. These are real concepts that anybody could legitimately research, it's naivety that stops people from organizing.

It's just funny to see a class of people bathe in their luxurious contradictions while good people are out here struggling. There's a lot of complexities that factor into why society is they way it is, but you're lying to yourself if you don't see the collective situation in this country going to !%**.

go to the best school you can get into.

had a friend who decided to go to a lower ranked school for scholarship money... next time the rankings came his school had dropped significantly.

if you havent yet, go browse the www.top-law-schools.com forum. really helpful.

go to the best school you can get into.

had a friend who decided to go to a lower ranked school for scholarship money... next time the rankings came his school had dropped significantly.

if you havent yet, go browse the www.top-law-schools.com forum. really helpful.

These are real concepts that anybody could legitimately research, it's naivety that stops people from organizing.

I actually completely agree with you here.
I wish that true knowledge of the law was more available to everyone. I think its rediculous that we have "adults" graduating from 4 yr colleges with no concept of how the legal system really works.
The only part of what you said before that I dont understand is why you seem to think that going to law school in order to learn these concepts would be a bad choice?
Its hard for me to see how someone researching these concepts on their own, however noble that attempt might be, would come out ahead of someone who studied with professionals. If you want to improve the "collective situation," which I applaud, you will have to have some people advocating from the inside as well.

As for KickHead23's question.

Recommendations are pretty important, but in different ways.
First, your personal statement is really the be all end all of your non-GPA/LSAT related material.

But Law Schools arent looking for everyone to be Jesus/Superman/Mother Theresa. They want to see that your a mature person, a hard worker and a good writer.
If your still in school than you will need some Professors who can vouch for your excellent writing skills.
The soft stuff, like volunteer/community service only kind of matters if your out of school for awhile.
You'll need to be able to show that your a responsible, hard working adult, with the motivation and writing skills to be a competent student. Get letters from your boss at work or something.

But I think the short answer to your question is that recommendations dont generally help distinguish one app from the next, except when they are  really bad. So dont do that haha

These are real concepts that anybody could legitimately research, it's naivety that stops people from organizing.

I actually completely agree with you here.
I wish that true knowledge of the law was more available to everyone. I think its rediculous that we have "adults" graduating from 4 yr colleges with no concept of how the legal system really works.
The only part of what you said before that I dont understand is why you seem to think that going to law school in order to learn these concepts would be a bad choice?
Its hard for me to see how someone researching these concepts on their own, however noble that attempt might be, would come out ahead of someone who studied with professionals. If you want to improve the "collective situation," which I applaud, you will have to have some people advocating from the inside as well.

As for KickHead23's question.

Recommendations are pretty important, but in different ways.
First, your personal statement is really the be all end all of your non-GPA/LSAT related material.

But Law Schools arent looking for everyone to be Jesus/Superman/Mother Theresa. They want to see that your a mature person, a hard worker and a good writer.
If your still in school than you will need some Professors who can vouch for your excellent writing skills.
The soft stuff, like volunteer/community service only kind of matters if your out of school for awhile.
You'll need to be able to show that your a responsible, hard working adult, with the motivation and writing skills to be a competent student. Get letters from your boss at work or something.

But I think the short answer to your question is that recommendations dont generally help distinguish one app from the next, except when they are  really bad. So dont do that haha

Just got the books recommended by Dr. T so we'll see how that goes. I guess I'm going to try and shoot for the June test. I took the LSAT Practice administered and timed in a classroom on campus by Kaplan completely blind and only got a 145 =\ so I'm praying to based god that prep works out.

Just got the books recommended by Dr. T so we'll see how that goes. I guess I'm going to try and shoot for the June test. I took the LSAT Practice administered and timed in a classroom on campus by Kaplan completely blind and only got a 145 =\ so I'm praying to based god that prep works out.

Back
Top Bottom