What was the Jordan that first started your Jordan obsessions?

Just thinking back to the days before retro's got me thinking .... What was the J that first started your Jordan obsessions?

Mine were the playoff 13's, a shoe truly styled unlike any other I had seen back then.

For me it would be the Royal 1's and the Flint 13's. Saw them in person about 7 years ago and haven't stopped since.

the playoff 12's. my fav moment was whn jordan hit da game winner over byron russell in game 1 of the 1997 finals. since then i been collecting. i was in da eight grade. good ole dayz

march 3 2001 the cool grey xi had the chi going crazy had to be the most hype release ever.I remember the day before they came out I went to footaction in lincoln mall I fell in love with that shoe and that is what started my obsession.

Last edited:
Hi new member here, military blue 4 started it for me. Always wanted a pair of 4 and blue is my favorite color:smile: and it was my first Jay.

Some great ' becoming of ' stories here ! A shoe with a story is much more than just a shoe.

well when i was 5 i had the og space jams wasnt really into shoe untill they retro in 09 and it remind me of my younger days when my dad was always buying me jordans so i started collecting kicks 

I remember my Boy Darnell (RIP) walking into school with the columbia XI the day they came out. Back then everyone was on Carolina blue colors heavy and those shoes just shut everything else down. I was hooked. 

well when i was 5 i had the og space jams wasnt really into shoe untill they retro in 09 and it remind me of my younger days when my dad was always buying me jordans so i started collecting kicks 
this is what i was thinking when i made the thread 110%

The Boudreaux 7's and the Aqua 8's started it, the Cherry 12's boosted it up, the 14's I had to buy each CW.

flint 13 og i remember when they came back this last time after that i started collecting j's. 

We got some young bucks in here. My first was Jordan VI infrared in 4th grade. Somehow I talked my parents into letting me get them and the rest was history. My favorite was the Jordan XI concord though. Those really changed the game. I remember seeing those for the first time and I was like woah. Couldn't afford them then, that's why I have 3 pairs now lol

My first J was the obsidian OG XII.
Have had other bb shoes before (Reebok pump, adidas Mutombos, AirMax2 Barkleys etc) but after the XIIs only JB bb shoes followed. :smile:

Jordan 3 Mocha! First pair of real Jordans. After that i would buy one or two pairs a year. But now, in the last 5 years I buy only certain models and colour ways but always two pairs.

^Yea but we also have some old heads, too... Mom bought me the 1s in 85 but I was 9yrs old and didn't think much about it. Our family is comprised of Bulls fans, so the next year mom bought me the 2s. It was the 2 that put me on track with the whole "Wear the same shoes as MJ does", and it was a wrap... From there I bought every AJ up to 15, but as an adult, I only collect/wear AJ 1-12.

Forgot to say: we went on a school trip to Vienna (Austria) in the 90s. Where i saw the OG XI Concords for the first time at a store. But they were mad expensive back them (especially for me only being 13 years old in the day).... i remember 1,799 Schilling (about 130 Euros = 170 USD).
So i had a major flashback when i lay hands on the retro Concords in 2011. :smile:

the wht/blk ix was and still is the reason im in the game. had the shoe when i was six and have owned it since then

Black Red 11s back in 96.... my cousins and myself were all amazed how great looking the shoe was. my uncle got us hyped when he said he was going to buy all of us a pair, but he never did.

the chance opened up back in 2001 when they retro-ed and bought them along with the cool greys on ebay for 174 each and some change. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom