What was the Jordan that first started your Jordan obsessions?

For me, it was the White/Cement III.  Back in '88 that shoe really did change the game.  Been hooked like crack ever since...

White and Red XIVs 1998 release... I wouldn't leave the store without them, I honestly just thought it was a fly shoe. Funny, I started playin basketball at the rec center during winter league. I wasn't only interested in Jordan's though. From that point on I made it a point to know which shoe was designed for which athlete, that I was rockin at the time.

i've had more than a couple of j's growing up as a kid in 90's but what created a passion in me to collect sneakers not just j's was the 09 space jams i received for xmas that year.

For me it was the V black and silver with that reflective tongue back in 1990.  The OG pair were the best.  Super soft nubuck with that tongue that would shine from a mile away.  From there I was hooked on buying Jordans.

^Yea but we also have some old heads, too... Mom bought me the 1s in 85 but I was 9yrs old and didn't think much about it. Our family is comprised of Bulls fans, so the next year mom bought me the 2s. It was the 2 that put me on track with the whole "Wear the same shoes as MJ does", and it was a wrap... From there I bought every AJ up to 15, but as an adult, I only collect/wear AJ 1-12.

Yes, we do...

I remember vividly the first time I saw the Royal 1's in my friend's Arden store catalog. We were actually looking for the toy section, but flipping through the pages, the royal blue caught my attention and I had to go back and see what it was. Our parents made us work all summer long doing additional chores before they would get them for us. That was back in '85, the summer before 6th grade. I literally wore a hole through the soles of those shoes. I remember I even held on to them until a year or two after I graduated high school. Greatest.Shoe.Ever.

I've missed out on the retros, but the hunt continues... :pimp:

The Air Jordan 2 White/Black in 1986.  I was about 9 years old and MJ was in his prime.  From that point on I wanted a pair of Air Jordans.  I was never able to buy a pair until I was out of the house and grown making my own money.  The funny thing is that I passed on the White/Black colorway when they released a couple of years ago.  Still kick myself for that.  I may look on ebay one day to see what they are going for.  

To be totally honest with you, for me it was the game that got me into his shoes. My mother wasn't about to pay 64.99 for a pair of shoes, and the prices kept rising. I bought myself a pair of infrared 6s when I was heading to college(yes I'm as old as snot rocks). If I had to pick one shoe it would be the white cement 4. But in reality, it was MJ's game that sparked my interest. The shoes were nice, but the game was ridiculous. It was a different time. People weren't buying the shoes to collect them, store them, resell them etc. You bought the shoes and took those puppies straight to the court. It didn't matter what the shoes looked like. All that mattered was that they were on MJ's feet when he was destroying people on the court. Always goes back to the game for me.

It was ball in general for me, I was young when MJ was at his best, so I came up more during the tail end of his career, but I grew up with a basketball father. We were always watching tapes of old games, I always got stories about MJ, and I grew up watching basketball from age 3. But I didn't really appreciate the history behind the shoes until I was older. 

Shoes in general, I was big into the whole Air Force 1 thing going on in the mid 2000's, but I never had much money growing up so I more admired AF1's and Jays than owned them myself. Its difficult to pinpoint one shoe that really started me going but the one shoe I remember from my start was the XIVs in 2005. From that point I really started getting my money together cause I knew I was in this for a while

wore my last shot 14s back on my bball team in 2nd grade and to school on the playground, everywhere. couldn't take my eyes off my feet. kept them cause it was my first actual bball shoe lol. those started it for me and when i got my jumpman vindicate it was over. i was hooked i can literally remember staring down at those things all day in 3rd grade
laugh.gif
. would kill for a retro of those done right. those pro strong or whatever that came out a few years ago were trash

lol beat og 14
pimp.gif

Ive been in jordans since I was a child. First pair were the fire red ivs in 89. I was 4 years old. Had every pair until 8. Then my mom wasnt trying to pay 150 for a pair of kicks... fast forward to the xviis.....thats when I was able to buy my own kicks (high school job)! Been hooked every since. Im 28 now with a 3 year old who is about 20 pair deep! Everytime I buy a pair, he gets one...gotta start him young!

First jordans I remember being envious of not having were the OG bugs bunny 8s that a classmate had in the 2nd grade. Other than that .... not being able to get the 95-96 era heat was a problem. Elementary was tough to get through for me. I was obsessed with nikes without actually having owned a pair.

Well my first infant shoes where the V's...as you can see by my avatar pic I still have the pair..

My most fond memory of a Jordan is the Flint 13's Og....I remember as a kid I watched Jordan play, so when we went shoe shopping I automatically wanted Jordan's cause I felt as if they where going to make me a better kicker in kickball....I thought since I have these shoes it made me a better athlete in the sports we played in reccess, and they where going to make me faster..My turn came to kick the ball, and I kicked it the farthest I had ever kicked it...so after that day all I wanted was Jordans..

Prior to that I didn't really care about style..when I hit middle school years later, the newest AJ where the 16's....after that day I looked at the style of the shoes, started taking care of them, didn't even want to play or run in them lol..would clean them after I wore them..

It wasn't one event just a lot, so much memories of Aj's....

The fire red 4s back when I was in the 7th grade am I'm 35 now an still love that colorway an most any retro 4 that drops

Mine were also the Fire Red 4's, I was 11 and in 6th grade (Chicago) back in fall of 89'. My grandpa bought for me cause moms wasnt having it with the price. Back then when you showed up at school in J's everybody knew and noticed, it was like showing up to college in a Ferrari. Not everyone had or could afford, you were in elite company.
Then my next pair ended up being the Black VI's in 8th grade and then the PlayOff 8's in Sophmore and got every pair ever since. Being from and growing up in Chicago during the Jordan beginnings has always made me feel closer to Jordans. I'm sure kids growing up in LA feel the same way about Kobe or now kids in Miami about Bron.

I was always a big fan of MJ & always wanted his shoes since elementary school, as I saw my cousin & other people around wearing them. As with many people during their younger days, I had parents who would not buy $100+ Jordans (even though my dad did say he would buy me the Concords back in 2011 but they were sold out & I think he was joking around). I'm now 20 & a college student and my first J's were the Obsidian 12s.

I was always a big fan of MJ & always wanted his shoes since elementary school, as I saw my cousin & other people around wearing them. As with many people during their younger days, I had parents who would not buy $100+ Jordans (even though my dad did say he would buy me the Concords back in 2011 but they were sold out & I think he was joking around). I'm now 20 & a college student and my first J's were the Obsidian 12s.
that's a nice first pair

Back
Top Bottom