What was the Jordan that first started your Jordan obsessions?

I had Jordans as a kid, but the pair I recall really wanting the most was the Black/Royal Jordan XVIII

Not the most popular shoe, but I was 14, saw some guy in NYC wearing them while on family vacation, and that's what started it all. I still remember the guy's entire outfit :smh:

But my first pair was the following year, those Vin Baker Team Jordans that resembled the 13's... My first pair of Air Jordans were the black 18.5's, got those on CLEARANCE from Eastbay.
Vin Baker, I wonder what the hell happened to that guy. Talk about falling off the map, lol.

But my first pair was the following year, those Vin Baker Team Jordans that resembled the 13's... My first pair of Air Jordans were the black 18.5's, got those on CLEARANCE from Eastbay.
Vin Baker, I wonder what the hell happened to that guy. Talk about falling off the map, lol.

depression and alcoholism killed his career from what i remember.

while im thinking about it, the 99 lockout killed shawn kemps career :lol:

:smokin I was 6 my first pair of Jordans started it for me Olympic 7s 1992.. Remember thinking why was Jordan wearing the number 9 in games and wanting 23 on my shoe smh.. And had every number OG up to the stealth 20's

View media item 373520

Last edited:
My first Jordans were the black blue Jumpman Pro. I only got them because my friend got the shoes for free from Nike (sent in a pair of defectives) and he didn't want them, so he sold it to me for $80. I got interested in Js when the black/red XIs re-released in '01. I was deep into Air Maxes prior to the retro of the XIs. What's funny and sad is that in summer '01, I needed a new pair of sneakers and had a choice between the newest Air Max and the Concord 11s... I chose the Air Max. I still have those Air Max in the basement though.

Mine was my first pair. OG Vs when I was in 3rd grade. Been a into sneakers ever since.

I was always into Nikes b/c as a young'n I wasn't allowed to have them. My grandmother owned a clothing boutique and had a Converse account through her store. I was only allowed to get Cons b/c we could get them wholesale. Finally in 3rd grade my other grandmother bought the Black Vs and my life was changed forever.

OG Black/Cement IV's were my first pair when I was a kid but my favorites were the Black/Infrared VI's.  I felt like a million dollars wearing those.

Just thinking back to the days before retro's got me thinking .... What was the J that first started your Jordan obsessions?

Mine were the playoff 13's, a shoe truly styled unlike any other I had seen back then.
I Agree, I was in Honolulu Niketown when I purchased my pair way back in 98

depression and alcoholism killed his career from what i remember.

while im thinking about it, the 99 lockout killed shawn kemps career :lol:

Yeah, I remember he was an alcoholic, but he fell of the grid quick lol. Shawn Kemp was too busy having 50 kids to practice or play in any games lol.

Royal 1s when they came out in '01 it was the first time i needed to have a sneaker

taxi 12's i remember getting a super beat pair from my grandpa, he found it around the apartment complex and gave it to me and i remember wearing them every single day till the soles started flapping :smh: :smokin i wish i knew what happened to that shoe

I was always into Jordans.......first pair I got was og playoff 8s as a kid but what set me off as I got older and really got me started was the Space Jams.

Gotta be the XI Concords for me. Remember 1995-96 in 5th grade seeing a few of my friends with those shoes made me really notice them. Then when the black 'n red XIs came out... Ugggh the torture! Especially living in the suburbs of Chicago, those shoes were the most hyped Jordans ever. Made me determined to purchase them when I was older if I could...

Now 17 yrs later, I got a excellent paying job that allows me to take care of my family, and also take care of my feet for back pay of "sneaker support" from previous years of not being able to wear Jordans.

Last edited:
Black Cement IVs. My mom would never spend that much for a pair of kicks but later on down the road ['12] they retroed & ya boy cashed out.

The shoe that staryed my love for sneakers was the Candy Cane 14's. They were a birthday gift from my stepdad on my 13th birthday. Loved the shoe game ever since.

The shoe that staryed my love for sneakers was the Candy Cane 14's. They were a birthday gift from my stepdad on my 13th birthday. Loved the shoe game ever since.
WTF are candy cane 14s? ive never ever ever ever seen a jordan 14 that looks like a dam candy cane

lol loved the shoe game ever since getting the candy canes.... smh. the white/red 14s are a good shoe though not a bad first pair mine were last shot 14s. and nvm I already said that in this thread lol didn't realize it was the same one

Last edited:
WTF are candy cane 14s? ive never ever ever ever seen a jordan 14 that looks like a dam candy cane
I let it slide cuz he's from memphis, & obviously young..... & i hate all the nicknames, but u know what he was getting at fam.

Back
Top Bottom