What's stopping the Nuggets from pulling the Ron Artest trade?

Originally Posted by theone2401

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

Ron Artest aint going to like being in Denver, no disrespect to anyone who lives there

But if he's to be traded, he wants to come home
Besides the fact he would NEVER get a chance to score there.

like sacramento is a whole lot better?

I like the idea of Kidd in Denver because they need a pg. But that will not happen becasue K-Mart is not going back to NJ. They would have to give up AI Meloor Camby. With that said the nuggets are not moving any of the 3 players and Kleiza and JR no bueno not for Kidd.

But Ron best fit would be in GS!

What's the trade?
nerd.gif

Sac Town not only wants LK they want Nene and they want to send us Kenny Thomas that deal isn't a good look.

roll.gif

And this is why yall N's is not GM's.

Trading Najera AND Kleiza is FOOLISH. This is not a Randy Moss situation, where it's some superior talent who just has been in a bad situation and will doanything to win. Ron Artest is an excellent player and I've always been a fan of his game and his intensity, but his agent has made it VERY clear....Ron's number 1 priority is to get that major check. And considering that the Nuggets already are over the cap and don't have any money as it is, thereis no way they can afford Ron and sign him again next year. Artest will bounce, and then they'll be left with no Najera AND no Kleiza? Not to mentionKleiza is a 3rd year player and he's only what... 24-25? Son is a potential 20+ points a game and a good 5-7 rebounds type player. And Najera anchorstheir post defense with all the Nuggets injuries. Too much to give up just fro a couple months of Ron, which is FAR from a guarantee for a ring.

Helllllllllll nah
tired.gif

However... if they wanna do it Najera + First Round Pick like it's being talked about right now... then they better take that +!!%! Hell, I'll evensettle for Najera/JR right now... but that won't happen because JR plays the same position as Kevin Martin and they don't need him.

i seriously cant see artest happy in denver. melo and AI dominate the ball so much that he would be reduced to a spot up shooter.

You guys are funny. I say Artest is garbage and people fall apart. Ok wonderful talent evaluators, what has he done that makes a winner? Go ahead, fill mein on the secret. HE"S A 42 PERCENT SHOOTER FOR HIS CAREER. Not this season, not last season, life. EVERY SEASON combined. That's a need. He's irrational, stupid, and could get thrown out of a game and or season at any given moment. Has never, NEVER played 80 games. Career high is76........in 2000!!!!!!! He gets 6 boards, ok, 3-4 assists, alright, he's a given for 2 steals, that's nice, and 18 points. Terric, just what I want,18 points on 42 percent worth of shots. Where can I get me one of these guys? I wish I had a team full of him. How about wins. Are any of his teams everany good? Were the Bulls good with him? Were the Pacers? I think he had one good year with them where they were good (03-04). Are the Kings any good withhim? Sooooooo, we're in a hurry to get him on our team are we? 1 good solid team he has played on and we can't wait to add him. I apologize, i wasfoolish in saying that he's garbage, please allow me correct myself, he's a winner, a great shooter, a great teammate and level headed guy, he can grabthose 6 rebounds and dish those 4 assists a game better then anybody else can. Enjoy watching the Nuggets fall out of playoff contention if they add him guys.

artest has the potential to set back a franchise 2-3 years back, but if it's only for najera and a draft pick then why not
nerd.gif

As a Kings fan I don't want Kleiza or Najera. Both would be a waste of space. We're weak at PG and PF. What the Kings should do is move Artest forDavid Lee, move Salmons into the 3 spot in the starting lineup, and get a replacement for Bibby. Bibby's replacement doesn't need to be a superstar,just a decent pass first guy who can share minutes with Udrih.

On another note, Kevin Martin is mad again. Just a few games ago, he was coming off a 1-10 night and scored 16 in the first quarter the next game (finishingwith 27 through less than 3 quarters), and today he's coming off a 3-16 night and has 26 points at the half. Appreciated.

Artest doesnt need to score to be affective. His defense is what makes him so valuable imo. So his poor career fg% is somewhat negated by his defensiveprowess. Dude is a great perimeter defender and he can guard forwards in the post. I thought he was a pretty good rebounder too, but his numbers would sayotherwise:rolleyes

laugh.gif
@son giving his evaluation of Artest...You mad funny....Ron Artest is adefensive monster on the perimeter. He's going to give people a lot of problems. The Nuggets play no perimeter defense at all. I mean at all. With Artestplaying the 2, this allows AI to cheat off those passing lanes and AI is great with the help defense. He just needs another big guard with him. This will forcethose teams that seem to magically have great shooting nights against the Nuggets to go inside and they want no parts of that with Nene, K-Mart, and Camby. LKis a great player, but another scorer is not needed. JR Smith is also a great scorer. This team is just loaded with players who can score...Picking up 2 or 3players that can play lock down D by the end of the day isn't bad..

Back
Top Bottom