What's worth it to get into a fight as an adult?

I havent got into many situations where ish was really bout to go down. I feel i have a lot to lose, but i also carry myself with respect and respect others. If i feel disrespected, and it really matters to me, then its game time..

as far as letting dude swing first??? HAHAHA thats silly as hell lol.. not letting you bop me upside my head first, and give you that upper hand. Cops aint bout to know who truly started something lol.

A time when i flat out swallowed my pride and just felt it wasnt worth it was in a club in DC the Park. Im making a run to the bar to grab some drinks, and its crowded. there's a dude just standing there, has a drink. Instead of trying to squeeze in and be all up on dude, I ask him politely to excuse me so i can order a drink. He says no. I say somethin to the effect "come on bruh, you got ya drink, you just holdin up other people." He just continues to stand there. Now I could push dude to the side, punch dude, basically escalate the situation, or what i did, just move down the line and order drinks further down.

I think like most are saying, fighting is worth it given the situation, but fighting dude over getting to order the drink right then and there wasnt worth it. Got my drinks and enjoyed the rest of the night with my friends.

Depending on how much Henny in the system, that's a rage grab to the neck pulling him out of there.

i feel like after HS and even College fighting is futile.when your young you may have some B.S squabs 

after that dudes are fighting for keeps lol. you should want no parts of that unless you and yours are in imminent danger

have yall seen 2 grown *** men with decent hands fight 
mean.gif

that ish is end in bloodshed and KO's

I was at a concert a couple weeks ago and some dude came pushing through tryna get to the front. I told him no cuz he there was legit no space for him to get into. He started saying how it's for the girs he was with. Dude started to push his way through me. I never been in a fight and that was the closest I ever been to hooking off on someone. My boy saw this all happening and started barking on dude. I know my boy would scrap and we drove 2 hours for the concert so I tried calming him down and let dude go.

Recently had a close call while playing basketball the other day.

Scrawny dude who nobody likes and gets upset anytime you play physical with him got in my face and started talking **** about how he was going to "rock my world" :lol: and saying personal **** about my ex gf. I just laughed it off and kept it moving.

Right call, or should I have taught the dude a lesson? My issue is I just graduated college and started working full-time at the hospital that my mom has worked at for over 10 years. I have a good relationship with the CEO and other higher ups and my mom is well respected throughout the whole hospital. If I knock this dude out and break his nose/jaw he's obviously going to the local hospital that I happen to be employed at. Meanwhile this dude has absolutely nothing going for him...27 and sells drugs, smokes weed and plays video games all day, works part time at some warehouse, owes a ton of people money including his own roommate that was out there, never had a girlfriend and treats every pickup and rec league game like it's the NBA Finals. If I embarass him in front of his only group of "friends" and he has to go to the hospital to get his busted up face fixed they're going to start asking questions and I'm not trying to have my name involved with any of that.

What would you guys have done in this situation? I'll be seeing this dude again soon, as he plays fairly often at a couple gyms I play pickup at
You did the right thing OP and not because of the wall of excuses that you typed but because you're an adult.

And it sounds you, his roommate, and the whole pick-up game knows this scrawny guy is about that life.

Everything he listed are valid reasons for him to not involve himself in a situation like that.

Why would a dude that has a life with something going for him risk it to fight someone that doesn't? What world you living in papi
nerd.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 you srs?

I'm not saying OP's scenario warrants a fight, but at the end of the day, if you feel the need to throw down, none of that other stuff matters.  You running background checks on dudes before you shoot them the fair one? 

So if two investment bankers who drive M3's and date supermodels get into it...which one swings first? Or do they swing at all?

If I embarass him in front of his only group of "friends" and he has to go to the hospital to get his busted up face fixed they're going to start asking questions and I'm not trying to have my name involved with any of that.

If I embarass him in front of his only group of "friends" and he has to go to the hospital to get his busted up face fixed they're going to start asking questions and I'm not trying to have my name involved with any of that.
View media item 1370350

I was wondering that myself :lol:. How is the hospital gonna find about OP? Unless it's his *** in the hospital I doubt they're really checking what happened like that especially if the dude comes up with a story to save face.

Last edited:

Some of y'all act like a fight will end your life as you know it. You not going to get fired, go to jail, or get permanently disfigured for fighting a scrawny man who *****ed you publicly on a court. Lets stay in reality for a little while here 
You don't know WHAT folks plan on doing after they lose a fight

youre a grown man. getting into it over ball? :lol:

i've seen dude get into it over ball and they wouldnt leave it at that. one guy just called his boys and they beat the life out of him. dude was in a coma fighting for his life. been over 3 yrs and he still suffers from that day.

i was always taught to use what i was taught in self-defense

Last edited:
I'm 30 and I personally don't think it's worth it to fight anyone; but by all means, DEFEND yourself if you're attacked.

Here's a Jiu Jitsu guy who gets sucker punched while playing ball and he subdues his attacker using technique:

Man my whole big issue let fools make it cause paying a probation officer sucks cant travel down that road but if its not witness u gon get it bruh

Not worth it. Walk away.

What if you end up permanently damaging the opponent or getting in law trouble? You'll surely be regretful after that.

I am never trying to get in a fight, if you trying to step to me. I'm getting on my phone and calling the authorities. 
laugh.gif

Back when I was 22, I had this young cat (had to be like 16) in front a corner store say some slick **** to me. He was hugging the corner with his boys after school so he must've thought he was a macho macho man. Little did he know I was very close friends with his old head/OG (who he respected). Long story short, I put him in his place right after I took my belt off and lashed him about 10 times on his *** and thighs. I made sure to tell him that he's lucky I don't tell his OG that he's out here disrespecting his elders, because he could easily have gotten it worse from him.

Other than that, that's about it.

If anyone disrespects my family however, that iron will get their mind right

You don't know WHAT folks plan on doing after they lose a fight
Gotta fight first for there to be a winner and a loser. OP got punked publicly so he holds the L either way. And we see he did nothing and now wants us to stroke his moral ego so his regular ego don't feel so bad 

Back
Top Bottom