What's worth it to get into a fight as an adult?

Scrawny dude started talking **** about how he was going to "rock my world"
laugh.gif

That's why fighting should be left in the highschool days. Once you're past 18 dudes gotta realize that you can't always just get away with it without any serious consequences.
It's not that I intentionally provoke anyone, I usually try to avoid any sort of confrontation. I'm an extremely calm and collected person, I don't really get mad at anything.
If someone decides they want to take it there I tell them that I won't fight back and just file charges. Outside of the bicycle incident I've never been touched and I've been threatened plenty of times in bars/clubs by people trying to pick fights over nothing.
High school days? Hell nah bruh the last time you can legit fight is in middle school because you really don't have anything to lose after that you gotta stay outa stupid **** to get into a good college

This thread is doing a great job at showing which posters actually have a grip on reality, and the ones that think real life is based on hood law.

Talking about because a fist fight is on the basketball court that it wouldn't ever be reported :lol: a fight in real life isn't just a couple punches landed and a black eye. This isn't a movie.

I'm a grown *** man. Knocking this little wackjob out that's never been in a fight and sending him to the hospital that I'm employed at and my mom has a prominent position at isn't a good look.

Not judging you OP cause idk you, but I think some people are on you because you gave a ton of excuses then you brag about how you would've stomped him out.

This thread is doing a great job at showing which posters actually have a grip on reality, and the ones that think real life is based on hood law.

Talking about because a fist fight is on the basketball court that it wouldn't ever be reported :lol: a fight in real life isn't just a couple punches landed and a black eye. This isn't a movie.

I'm a grown *** man. Knocking this little wackjob out that's never been in a fight and sending him to the hospital that I'm employed at and my mom has a prominent position at isn't a good look.

Lmao you ain't sending no one to the hospital homie and if dude sells drugs and thinks he's about that life then he def wont file no police report or tell your hospital " Buc Em did it!!!"

you got punked as stated.... last time some dude called me an fn idiot while playing ball. i mopped the floor with the dude. ive gotten into more fights playing pickup ball then i have in other situations...a few months ago dude tried to punk me for my spot , started talklng slick . i punch dude in the mouth.... 
its always the dudes who get punked saying "they are the bigger man" spare me that weak excuse. you come at with disrespect im going to attempt to handle it win or lose. aint win every fight gotten into. i dont like fighting ive gotten my ******* but only so much disrespect one can take.

never got in trouble or seen anyone get in trouble over a pickup ball fight at fights. only  time had the cops called is when fight or rumbles happen at the gym but everyone just bounces , this loud *** alarm went off when we had a rumble at a gym. 

Last edited:
The point is.....you stomp somebody out and there's real life consequences after that. You don't just beat somebody's face in then you both just call it a day just because it was on a basketball court.

This thread was made because I just laughed it off when the frail dude got all emotional because he was getting pushed around all day...but at what point do you not just laugh it off?

You dudes with your stories of mopping the floors with these guy's faces crack me up. You legitimately broke bones in the guy's face, gave him a concussion amongst other injuries and he just got up, went home, treated it all himself, went about his life and never had anything filed to the police? Please.

It's hilarious also that the only people that seem to have a problem over me not fighting are ones that can't seem to type worth a damn. Wonder why...?

stop making excuses.

dude pulled your card bc you was clearly doing something extra. either running your mouth or doing some unnecessary crap within the game.

if you kept your mouth shut and just hooped none of this wouldve happen. you was doing the extra and youngin seen you as weak so he tried you and you failed.

talking bout you got too much to lose bc your moms works at the hospital. :lol:

i play at least 4 days a week all around the city and never been tried bc i keep my mouth closed and get buckets.

Last edited:
Pretty much nothing except personal safety (or safety of others you're with)

OP, this is a part of the tale of the "haves" vs the "have nots"

Folks with little or nothing to lose are afforded the luxury to act recklessly, because getting in trouble with the law or seriously hurting someone really won't change their lifestyle or path in life.

Best bet is to avoid these people altogether, if that can't be done, just limit your interaction and let them have their way if things do escalate.

Luckily learned this in college, those townies were trying to test those with brighter futures :lol:

It's really a lose-lose if you engage them, if you're someone with potential

stop making excuses.

dude pulled your card bc you was clearly doing something extra. either running your mouth or doing some unnecessary crap within the game.

if you kept your mouth shut and just hooped none of this wouldve happen. you was doing the extra and youngin seen you as weak so he tried you and you failed.

talking bout you got too much to lose bc your moms works at the hospital.
laugh.gif

i play at least 4 days a week all around the city and never been tried bc i keep my mouth closed and get buckets.
agreed.... im not one to talk ish. even online i dont like talking crap. sometimes fights are inevitable.  lot of punks in this thread. where i play at you would get called a b made dude for calling the cops. these people dont know who you are or where you live.  smashed on a few dudes playing ball. nothing ever happened after that. 

ive gotten my *** kicked aswell and it is what it is. 

lames call the cops. same type of ppl that be snitching online ...... weak dudes.....

Last edited:
You're trying extra hard man.

You think a fight ends at a slam or a slap? In middle school, maybe.

You play "atleast 4 days a week all around the city n neva get tried cuz u get buckets" :lol: sounds like you have a little too much time on your hands, and are the little weekend warrior/ball is life type with too much pride that others with intellect spoke about in this thread.

Think I'm good on your opinion.

You're trying extra hard man.

You think a fight ends at a slam or a slap? In middle school, maybe.

You play "atleast 4 days a week all around the city n neva get tried cuz u get buckets" :lol: sounds like you have a little too much time on your hands, and are the little weekend warrior/ball is life type with too much pride that others with intellect spoke about in this thread.

Think I'm good on your opinion.

i have a great job where i work 12hr shifts so im off 3 to 4 times every week.

i have no kids and my own spot and move whenever i want to so yea i do have time to hoop bc i like to stay in shape for my health. i have alot more to lose then you, you just started working so your probably not established yet.

pride aint got nothing to do with it. people in this thread are just overlooking what you did. i like said you was doing something extra within the game and dude checked you on it and you got shook. plain and simple.

dont come with the whole intellect logic bc it has no case with this situation.

Last edited:
I have anger issues stopped fighting when I clapped everyone shoulders during a pick up game because they wanted to be slick and smart

Plus I watch a lot of world star now not about to get jumped or stomped out if my numbers called

This thread just shows who can be *****ed and who will stand up and defend themselves. I've only been in one court fight myself but I've seen about a dozen break out while I was there. Not once did anyone call the police and usually people involved bounce right after anyway. Y'all soft and want to make excuses for why you don't want to catch hands.

On top of that everybody talking like they don't want to hurt someone and go to jail. It's 50/50 whether you'd even with any way. I've haven't been in a lot of fights, maybe 6 or 7 but never did any of them have an impact on my job or my ability to attend a good college. Even when the cops get called everybody involved dips anyway so you not going to jail. Some of yall living in a fantasy world where the police actually serve and protect and justice is served to all who do wrong. World don't work like that

I'm 30 and I personally don't think it's worth it to fight anyone; but by all means, DEFEND yourself if you're attacked.

Here's a Jiu Jitsu guy who gets sucker punched while playing ball and he subdues his attacker using technique:
This is why I don't even mess with dudes like that man.. Son looks like a normal *** dude but you step to him and your knee is broken in 5 different places and you are in a wheelchair for a year..
mean.gif

This thread just shows who can be *****ed and who will stand up and defend themselves. I've seen about a dozen break out while I was there. Not once did anyone call the police and usually people involved bounce right after anyway. Y'all soft and want to make excuses for why you don't want to catch hands.

On top of that everybody talking like they don't want to hurt someone and go to jail. It's 50/50 whether you'd even with any way. I've haven't been in a lot of fights, maybe 6 or 7 but never did any of them have an impact on my job or my ability to attend a good college. Even when the cops get called everybody involved dips anyway so you not going to jail. Some of yall living in a fantasy world where the police actually serve and protect and justice is served to all who do wrong. World don't work like that

Last edited:
The point is.....you stomp somebody out and there's real life consequences after that. You don't just beat somebody's face in then you both just call it a day just because it was on a basketball court.

This thread was made because I just laughed it off when the frail dude got all emotional because he was getting pushed around all day...but at what point do you not just laugh it off?

You dudes with your stories of mopping the floors with these guy's faces crack me up. You legitimately broke bones in the guy's face, gave him a concussion amongst other injuries and he just got up, went home, treated it all himself, went about his life and never had anything filed to the police? Please.

It's hilarious also that the only people that seem to have a problem over me not fighting are ones that can't seem to type worth a damn. Wonder why...?
If that's how you feel then why did you start the thread in the first place?  You keep on back-tracking and talking your way around not actually fighting.  Nobody cares your mom got you a job at a hospital, and you in here talking about real life? 
laugh.gif
  If it was over your family or your child or your physical safety and not basketball, then what?  You gonna let your wife or kid get smacked around because mommy got you a 'good job' at the hospital? 

It seems there's two sides of this.

Side A = "let your success be your revenge, nothing petty is worth having something permanent on your record that can affect your future"

Side B = "bruh u got punked, i woulda knocked his face in if ole bruh was talkin sidewayz, i get buckets ain't nobody stepping to me"

Which side do you think usually wins in life?

Crazy this topic comes up now as I've been dealing with this fairly recently. It's hard to deal with this type of stuff man especially when you're a person with anger issues already, its soooo tempting to be a maniac when dudes act foolish but I have to keep reminding myself of my potential and that it ain't even worth it to lose my future over some idiot. What's even more difficult is when you didn't grow up in an environment where you just let stuff go, fools attempt to get out of pocket & it literally burns me up that you gotta be the bigger person & not give the idiot some act right :smh:

Last edited:

If it was over your family or your child or your physical safety and not basketball, then what?  You gonna let your wife or kid get smacked around because mommy got you a 'good job' at the hospital? 
hes going to call the cops . hes the bigger man.....

Last edited:
ive never been in a fight over ball. never have never will bc if i do something extra ill let dude know "my fault. im not out here to hurt you. i gotta go to work just like you do."

and there is no reason for me to ever come into a situation outside of basketball where a physical altercation can happen bc i simply wont allow it bc it wont be worth it. unless its disrespect to my lady or family, everything else can be talked out or walked away from.

Last edited:
The worst is lil scrawny dudes who talk ALOT of **** because they got a pistol on em.

ive never been in a fight over ball. never have never will bc if i do something extra ill let dude know "my fault. im not out here to hurt you. i gotta go to work just like you do."

and theirs no reason for me to ever come into a situation outside of basketball where a physical altercation can happen bc i simply wont allow it bc it wont be worth it. unless its disrespect to my lady or family. everything else can be talked out or walked away from.

Where the hell was all this understanding at from you during the rest of this thread?

Now you're actually making sense. Everything you said is exactly how I normally am, and usually I never get even close to fighting someone in basketball because it's only scrubs that try to pop off like that unless it's something like you purposely took a dude's legs out or some ****

The point is....this kid is one of those scrubs that can't play and will get all upset if you play physical with him. He got upset like he normally does and got in my face and acted like he was going to do something but didn't throw a punch, and instead just talked some **** while I laughed in his face. From what you just said, it sounds like you would have done the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom