What's your GPA and where do you go to school?

What's your GPA?

• under a 2.5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2.6-2.9

• 3.0-3.5

• above a 3.6

• Total voters
2.8 at the University of Louisville 
mean.gif

graduated Michigan State University last year with a 3.4, with a degree in marketing and german language..

Unless you're a doctor or engineer going into further schooling...

No one gives a damn about your GPA.
if you're trying to get an internship with the company you plan to work for after school (which will significantly improve your chances of getting the job full time), then your GPA is very important.

Last edited:
 if you tend to have a bad one make it up through experience and internship 

GPA is key if you don't have any internship or relevant experience, after you have some professional experiance in your field no one will bother you about GPA

i think i ended mine just under a 3.0 but i always round up to that 3 though

also it really depends on the major, if your in the accounting/finance or IT it's harder to get that 3.5 - 4.0 than if you did marketing or history etc.
a lot of employers will take that into consideration

^This.

I only had a 2.99 (rounded to 3), but by the time I finished my last semester (December), I was on my 2nd internship, had a clearance, and already had been offered a letter to be brought on full-time, in January, after graduating.

I would say that in most cases, that experience is just as important as the GPA. Yes, I know accounting and fields like that are crazy competitive. But for me in the I.T. realm, we are more concerned that the person hired can actually come right in and help me and not have to be trained up too much.

for those that are kicking themselves for having a low (er) GPA, if you still have time in school to bring it up DO IT.

certain spots that request transcripts (jobs, mine did or grad schools) LIKE progression. i worked/interned for every semester I was in school so my GPA was ehh through sophomore year. I was working part time but was able to get my GPA quite a bit higher than when I started.

Yup. A positive trajectory is always noticed and appreciated - especially if it coincides with taking harder classes compared to the first years of college. Its a trend graduate schools will look at as well. Better to have gotten your ish together in the middle of college and excelled at the more difficult classes, than to have fallen off once classes became more specialized and advanced.

mean.gif

Junior in Computer Science

University of San Francisco

I was good Freshman year, Sophomore year is what did me in
frown.gif

3.33 at CSUN majoring in accounting and just started my final semester.  Accepted an offer from one of the big 4 that will start this fall 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom