When did your favorite team(s) become your favorite?

The day James Worthy got his jersey retired at the Great Western Forum. Eddie Jones still wore #25
pimp.gif

My very first Lakers game ever - I was a little kid but I remember a lot. It's one of those memories that I'll remember till I die.

Lakers - Both of my parents grew up in LA, watching the Lakers. When I could comprehend/understand basketball I started liking them. Probably about 1999/2000.

Jets - I was born in NJ. I have close family friends in parts of NJ and NY. The NJ fam loves the Jets, and I picked it up from them in the early 2000's.

Lakers - Both of my parents grew up in LA, watching the Lakers. When I could comprehend/understand basketball I started liking them. Probably about 1999/2000.

Jets - I was born in NJ. I have close family friends in parts of NJ and NY. The NJ fam loves the Jets, and I picked it up from them in the early 2000's.

Well, I was a Bulls fan because I knew what basketball was.. and they had MJ,,, and I was born in the late 80s 20 minutes from Chicago... But when Mike left, my loyalties split between Pip and Phil. I tried rocking with the Blazers all season, but that Lakeshow just attracted me. So now that I'm a GROWN sports fan, I feel I've found my home. I can't see myself swinging from star player to star player as the years go on. I'm locked in.

Well, I was a Bulls fan because I knew what basketball was.. and they had MJ,,, and I was born in the late 80s 20 minutes from Chicago... But when Mike left, my loyalties split between Pip and Phil. I tried rocking with the Blazers all season, but that Lakeshow just attracted me. So now that I'm a GROWN sports fan, I feel I've found my home. I can't see myself swinging from star player to star player as the years go on. I'm locked in.

Just growing up watching the home teams
pimp.gif

Dallas Mavericks

Dallas Cowboys

Texas Longhorns

Don't watch Baseball much but give me the Texas Rangers.

Mexico National Soccer Team

FC Barcelon, Started watching them like in 03-04 when one of my boys got me into La Liga and European Soccer.

Only team I've changed was Las Chivas, I grew up liking that team half of my family is from Jalisco mom and dad liked them, But I started chilling with some of my uncle's that liked Pumas and that's when I started liking them.

and my favorite players Kobe, MJ, and others.

Just growing up watching the home teams
pimp.gif

Dallas Mavericks

Dallas Cowboys

Texas Longhorns

Don't watch Baseball much but give me the Texas Rangers.

Mexico National Soccer Team

FC Barcelon, Started watching them like in 03-04 when one of my boys got me into La Liga and European Soccer.

Only team I've changed was Las Chivas, I grew up liking that team half of my family is from Jalisco mom and dad liked them, But I started chilling with some of my uncle's that liked Pumas and that's when I started liking them.

and my favorite players Kobe, MJ, and others.

Lakers- Went to my first laker game in 99. I was 7, at the time. It was still at the Forum, my aunt told me to touch the court's floor. It was also Rodman's last game as a Laker.
Then I just started reading back on the history, buying VHS of anything lakers. I'd watch any espn classic game of the lakers.

St. John's Basketball- I go to Providence which is Ironic, but my dad went to St. John's during Chris Mullin and Mark Jackson's Final Four run. He'd always talk about St. Johns when I played basketball.
I'd always watch their games, and if I ever bought a college bball game, i'd always run with the Red Storm. Thinking Omar Cook and Erick Barkley were gonna do work in the NBA... haha

Barca- I went to London in 05, my cousin bought me a Barca Jersey at Harrods, I thought the colorway was sick. and I started following Euro Soccer. and playing Fifa.
Ronaldinho in his prime was
pimp.gif

Lakers- Went to my first laker game in 99. I was 7, at the time. It was still at the Forum, my aunt told me to touch the court's floor. It was also Rodman's last game as a Laker.
Then I just started reading back on the history, buying VHS of anything lakers. I'd watch any espn classic game of the lakers.

St. John's Basketball- I go to Providence which is Ironic, but my dad went to St. John's during Chris Mullin and Mark Jackson's Final Four run. He'd always talk about St. Johns when I played basketball.
I'd always watch their games, and if I ever bought a college bball game, i'd always run with the Red Storm. Thinking Omar Cook and Erick Barkley were gonna do work in the NBA... haha

Barca- I went to London in 05, my cousin bought me a Barca Jersey at Harrods, I thought the colorway was sick. and I started following Euro Soccer. and playing Fifa.
Ronaldinho in his prime was
pimp.gif

Miami Heat - Born and Lived most of my life in Miami.

Jamaica National Football Team - My dad's Jamaican. Spent part of my childhood there.

Manchester United - Been a fan since the late 90's. Back when they had Beckham, Yorke, Cole, Schmichael.

Miami Heat - Born and Lived most of my life in Miami.

Jamaica National Football Team - My dad's Jamaican. Spent part of my childhood there.

Manchester United - Been a fan since the late 90's. Back when they had Beckham, Yorke, Cole, Schmichael.

from pasadena grew up with magic's showtime of course and at the same time montana was running the dynasty with the niners
pimp.gif

from pasadena grew up with magic's showtime of course and at the same time montana was running the dynasty with the niners
pimp.gif

I'm originally from NJ so I've been rooting for the Nets, Jets, and Yankees as far back as I can remember.

I'm originally from NJ so I've been rooting for the Nets, Jets, and Yankees as far back as I can remember.

Lakers- when i was young eddie jones and nick van exel became my favorite players

Titans-The year the oilers were moving to Tennessee was the same year i moved to Tennessee from Japan......and my fams from Tennessee

Texas Tech- Went to college there

Lakers- when i was young eddie jones and nick van exel became my favorite players

Titans-The year the oilers were moving to Tennessee was the same year i moved to Tennessee from Japan......and my fams from Tennessee

Texas Tech- Went to college there

I became a Kings fan when I was 6 years old. My dad started taking me and my brother to games and I've been a fan ever since.

My dad is from San Francisco, so he grew up watching the 49ers and Giants. Shortly after I was born, we moved to Sacramento. So he basically taught me to be a 49ers and a Giants fan as well...Ive never been a fan of any other team. Except the year Deion Sanders went to Dallas. I was a Cowboys fan with my moms for like half a season.
laugh.gif
Im suprised my dad didnt disown me. Come to think of it, how is my mom even a Cowboys fan when she was born and raised in SF? How did my parents' marriage survive in the 90?s I got some digging up to do yall
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I became a Kings fan when I was 6 years old. My dad started taking me and my brother to games and I've been a fan ever since.

My dad is from San Francisco, so he grew up watching the 49ers and Giants. Shortly after I was born, we moved to Sacramento. So he basically taught me to be a 49ers and a Giants fan as well...Ive never been a fan of any other team. Except the year Deion Sanders went to Dallas. I was a Cowboys fan with my moms for like half a season.
laugh.gif
Im suprised my dad didnt disown me. Come to think of it, how is my mom even a Cowboys fan when she was born and raised in SF? How did my parents' marriage survive in the 90?s I got some digging up to do yall
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Mavs-Moved to Texas when I was 6 and they were the "local" team even though we lived 2 hours away. I loved the Pistons as a kid because my Dad did but I fully made the jump on the Mavs bandwagon when Michael Finley showed up. He finally gave me an excuse to claim them after they were so damn bad my whole life.

Rangers-Moved to Dallas out of college 3 years ago and said eff it, I don't have a baseball team and I'm here now so I claimed them.

Lions-I was born in Michigan and my whole family is from there and I loved Barry Sanders growing up.(Also me having arguments about why Barry Sanders was better than Emmit Smith is why I hate the Cowboys til this day. Dudes in Texas were not trying to hear that when I was growing up)

Texas Football-My family moved to the College Station area when I was 12 and I hate pretty much everything about the Aggies so I started rooting for them out of pure hate.

Mavs-Moved to Texas when I was 6 and they were the "local" team even though we lived 2 hours away. I loved the Pistons as a kid because my Dad did but I fully made the jump on the Mavs bandwagon when Michael Finley showed up. He finally gave me an excuse to claim them after they were so damn bad my whole life.

Rangers-Moved to Dallas out of college 3 years ago and said eff it, I don't have a baseball team and I'm here now so I claimed them.

Lions-I was born in Michigan and my whole family is from there and I loved Barry Sanders growing up.(Also me having arguments about why Barry Sanders was better than Emmit Smith is why I hate the Cowboys til this day. Dudes in Texas were not trying to hear that when I was growing up)

Texas Football-My family moved to the College Station area when I was 12 and I hate pretty much everything about the Aggies so I started rooting for them out of pure hate.

Born in Hollywood FL-
Heat- Since 1998
Buccaneers- Since 1996
Marlins- Since 1997
Virginia Tech Hokie- Since 2010 I go to grad school there

Born in Hollywood FL-
Heat- Since 1998
Buccaneers- Since 1996
Marlins- Since 1997
Virginia Tech Hokie- Since 2010 I go to grad school there

Been a Miami Heat fan  since around 2002-2003, and a Dolphins fan for longer. Born and raised in Miami, started getting into basketball in the 6th grade.

Been a Miami Heat fan  since around 2002-2003, and a Dolphins fan for longer. Born and raised in Miami, started getting into basketball in the 6th grade.

Back
Top Bottom