When did your favorite team(s) become your favorite?

New York Giants - 99'
pimp.gif

Orlando Magic - 00' -when McGrady was traded to us 

Originally Posted by DUB 253

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Born and Raised in Seattle...Mariners, Sonics, Seahawks and Huskies is all I've ever known
Yep. And the Bulls became my favorite NBA team once our Sonics were stolen.
Made the same switch, although I rooted for individuals for two seasons before latching onto the Bulls right before this season started. I was only ever a Sonics fan though. It's a long, personal story, but it started during the 1992-93 season. Sonics were playing Barkley's Suns, they'd already split the first two regular season games. Sonics score to get within one with a few seconds left. Derrick McKey steals the inbounds pass and lays it in for the win. The subsequent playoff run was all I needed to make me a fan for life.

Originally Posted by DUB 253

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Born and Raised in Seattle...Mariners, Sonics, Seahawks and Huskies is all I've ever known
Yep. And the Bulls became my favorite NBA team once our Sonics were stolen.
Made the same switch, although I rooted for individuals for two seasons before latching onto the Bulls right before this season started. I was only ever a Sonics fan though. It's a long, personal story, but it started during the 1992-93 season. Sonics were playing Barkley's Suns, they'd already split the first two regular season games. Sonics score to get within one with a few seconds left. Derrick McKey steals the inbounds pass and lays it in for the win. The subsequent playoff run was all I needed to make me a fan for life.

Mavs-Moved to Texas when I was 6 and they were the "local" team even though we lived 2 hours away. I loved the Pistons as a kid because my Dad did but I fully made the jump on the Mavs bandwagon when Michael Finley showed up. He finally gave me an excuse to claim them after they were so damn bad my whole life.

Lions-I was born in Michigan and my whole family is from there and I loved Barry Sanders growing up.(Also me having arguments about why Barry Sanders was better than Emmit Smith is why I hate the Cowboys til this day. Dudes in Texas were not trying to hear that when I was growing up)
same teams
pimp.gif

Lions- that was the only team i was good with in tecmo football cuz of Barry, and he became my favorite player and they became my favorite team since i can remember.

Mavs- after Jordan left i didnt know who to root for... i gambled with my brother and his friends when i was young and when i finally bought my 1st pair of jordans with my own money(French Blue 12's
pimp.gif
) i saw Michael Finley play with them during the season and i just began to watch as many games as i could just to see him wear my shoes
laugh.gif
i was a 7th grader.  he was my favorite player! he left, i stayed.

i live in CALI btw

Mavs-Moved to Texas when I was 6 and they were the "local" team even though we lived 2 hours away. I loved the Pistons as a kid because my Dad did but I fully made the jump on the Mavs bandwagon when Michael Finley showed up. He finally gave me an excuse to claim them after they were so damn bad my whole life.

Lions-I was born in Michigan and my whole family is from there and I loved Barry Sanders growing up.(Also me having arguments about why Barry Sanders was better than Emmit Smith is why I hate the Cowboys til this day. Dudes in Texas were not trying to hear that when I was growing up)
same teams
pimp.gif

Lions- that was the only team i was good with in tecmo football cuz of Barry, and he became my favorite player and they became my favorite team since i can remember.

Mavs- after Jordan left i didnt know who to root for... i gambled with my brother and his friends when i was young and when i finally bought my 1st pair of jordans with my own money(French Blue 12's
pimp.gif
) i saw Michael Finley play with them during the season and i just began to watch as many games as i could just to see him wear my shoes
laugh.gif
i was a 7th grader.  he was my favorite player! he left, i stayed.

i live in CALI btw

i started liking the nets when jason kidd got there.. that team with him and kenyon martin made me love basketball.. and i still love that team now

and i always liked the yankees

i started liking the nets when jason kidd got there.. that team with him and kenyon martin made me love basketball.. and i still love that team now

and i always liked the yankees

Im from dallas texas , my mother is from new york city.

i grew up loving the cowboys because we lived in the burbs of dallas , and my mom is a brown lady from the city so i was a yankees fan
since i can remember.

till this day i am a die hard dallas cowboys fan, and yankees fan.

Im from dallas texas , my mother is from new york city.

i grew up loving the cowboys because we lived in the burbs of dallas , and my mom is a brown lady from the city so i was a yankees fan
since i can remember.

till this day i am a die hard dallas cowboys fan, and yankees fan.

A's and Niners basically since I was born.

I wasn't really committed to an NBA team until I was much older. When I was young, I liked the Jazz and Warriors.

I still like the Warriors to an extent (hometown team).

I'd say I started liking the Mavericks back in early 2000s.

A's and Niners basically since I was born.

I wasn't really committed to an NBA team until I was much older. When I was young, I liked the Jazz and Warriors.

I still like the Warriors to an extent (hometown team).

I'd say I started liking the Mavericks back in early 2000s.

Baltimore Ravens - WHen they drafted Jamal Lewis

I'm not a fan anymore because i just like too many basketball teams, but became a big lakers fan when they had nick the slick, vlade, and del harris

Baltimore Ravens - WHen they drafted Jamal Lewis

I'm not a fan anymore because i just like too many basketball teams, but became a big lakers fan when they had nick the slick, vlade, and del harris

Mets - grew up watching tapes from 86 (born in 85). my pops took me to my first Mets game when i was 6 against the Dodgers. gradually became more and more into the team. now theres no turning back with Mr Met tattooed on my leg
laugh.gif

Dolphins - followed certain players when i was little. Dan Marino was my favorite. when i was old enough my uncles started taking me to Jets-Dolphins games every year so i got to see Marino on the field. the team just stuck with me. i get heat for it all the time here in NY too.

Knicks - i HATED the Knicks when i was young. i rode the Bulls/Magic bandwagon, then stopped watching basketball for a while. finally got to see Penny Hardaway play when he came to NY and ive been goin to Knick games ever since.

and im a Devils fan even though i barely watch hockey now. always a fan of goalies and Marty Brodeur is still my dude
pimp.gif

Mets - grew up watching tapes from 86 (born in 85). my pops took me to my first Mets game when i was 6 against the Dodgers. gradually became more and more into the team. now theres no turning back with Mr Met tattooed on my leg
laugh.gif

Dolphins - followed certain players when i was little. Dan Marino was my favorite. when i was old enough my uncles started taking me to Jets-Dolphins games every year so i got to see Marino on the field. the team just stuck with me. i get heat for it all the time here in NY too.

Knicks - i HATED the Knicks when i was young. i rode the Bulls/Magic bandwagon, then stopped watching basketball for a while. finally got to see Penny Hardaway play when he came to NY and ive been goin to Knick games ever since.

and im a Devils fan even though i barely watch hockey now. always a fan of goalies and Marty Brodeur is still my dude
pimp.gif

boston teams - born in MA, dad's a fan so i grew up watching since i can remember

michigan football - probably 1996-1997 yime frame...when woodson was there doing work

georgetown - went there (2002)

arsenal - thierry henry (2002) or so

boston teams - born in MA, dad's a fan so i grew up watching since i can remember

michigan football - probably 1996-1997 yime frame...when woodson was there doing work

georgetown - went there (2002)

arsenal - thierry henry (2002) or so

lakers-grew up in southern california with showtime and my main man magic.
49ers- joe montana and jerry rice. nuff said.
dodgers- southern california background
a's-moved up here in the bay and was exposed to a lot of a's games. they're basically my adopted team.

Back
Top Bottom