When it comes to BMW's & Benzes...

Oh, believe me... my ****** issues have been dealt with... Hopefully it stays intact as long as I have the car.... $6k for a new ******? No bueno

eh

BMWs, specifically, have alot of "fragile" parts for a multitude of reasons

for example

their cooling system is almost all made out of plastic, which gets brittle...

its expensive, BUT

if the car has an issue, the plastic is going to burst, causing you to pull over

instead of the cooling *$#% NOT bursting, and your engine being damaged/bursting

the euro imports ARE superior....just way more expensive...

the parts costs more, take longer to get in, and are harder to put on

they do dumb *$#% like put the battery in the trunk

etc.

BUT

their cars are FUN to drive

and the ENGINES run forever

granted, your windshield wiper is prolly gonna break 12 times at 600 a pop...

BUT

that engine is gonna run past 280k

dudes be trynna sell BMWs on craigslist like "the odometer stopped running around 295k, 3 years ago, but it still runs strong!"

LOL

never seen anything american ever last that long, and if it did, nobody was selling that #%@*$ on craigslist...

eh

BMWs, specifically, have alot of "fragile" parts for a multitude of reasons

for example

their cooling system is almost all made out of plastic, which gets brittle...

its expensive, BUT

if the car has an issue, the plastic is going to burst, causing you to pull over

instead of the cooling *$#% NOT bursting, and your engine being damaged/bursting

the euro imports ARE superior....just way more expensive...

the parts costs more, take longer to get in, and are harder to put on

they do dumb *$#% like put the battery in the trunk

etc.

BUT

BUT

dudes be trynna sell BMWs on craigslist like "the odometer stopped running around 295k, 3 years ago, but it still runs strong!"

LOL

never seen anything american ever last that long, and if it did, nobody was selling that #%@*$ on craigslist...

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by Kingtre

laugh.gif
ahh now its an official Euro car thread!

i'd have to see that audi in person and it would have to impress greatly in the interior and drive departments to get me off the f10 - i honestly don't care about "turning heads" anymore...i did all that...i like the 5...

My BMW is out of warranty now though... no major issues yet
watch that ******- no mr. cee 
laugh.gif

I was looking at the current S550's, but they're due for a whole new body style in about 2 years....so the w221's are gonna be old news by time i'm ready to cop something new, and I'm not dropping $100k on a brand new S-class in 2 years..... My money aint THAT correct yet....
we are in the same boat...when it comes time to cop its gonna be a race between the s550 and the f10....i love the current S so i don't think a new body style will sway me too much...if anything it will help cause the current joint i like should drop a lil more

been lookin at the w221s and they're STILL runnin 50-60k
30t6p3b.gif

If you're thirsty you can obtain one with 100k+miles on it for just under $40k

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

laugh.gif
ahh now its an official Euro car thread!

i'd have to see that audi in person and it would have to impress greatly in the interior and drive departments to get me off the f10 - i honestly don't care about "turning heads" anymore...i did all that...i like the 5...

My BMW is out of warranty now though... no major issues yet
watch that ******- no mr. cee 
laugh.gif

I was looking at the current S550's, but they're due for a whole new body style in about 2 years....so the w221's are gonna be old news by time i'm ready to cop something new, and I'm not dropping $100k on a brand new S-class in 2 years..... My money aint THAT correct yet....
we are in the same boat...when it comes time to cop its gonna be a race between the s550 and the f10....i love the current S so i don't think a new body style will sway me too much...if anything it will help cause the current joint i like should drop a lil more

been lookin at the w221s and they're STILL runnin 50-60k
30t6p3b.gif

If you're thirsty you can obtain one with 100k+miles on it for just under $40k

Its great if you buy used as long as it comes with a warranty I had a 2002 e39 and maintenance was cool. They got a big waiting room with a flat screen and free refreshments
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Its great if you buy used as long as it comes with a warranty I had a 2002 e39 and maintenance was cool. They got a big waiting room with a flat screen and free refreshments
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

BUT

- ?
roll.gif

fun? thats all relative.

enginess run forever? okay. ill give you that. but im driving a '92 right now that just broke 100K

....nah, im good. ill keep that $7,200 in my pocket

LOL

...........yeah, i would say you've just never seen it.

BUT

- ?
roll.gif

fun? thats all relative.

enginess run forever? okay. ill give you that. but im driving a '92 right now that just broke 100K

....nah, im good. ill keep that $7,200 in my pocket

LOL

...........yeah, i would say you've just never seen it.

watch the ******, no mr cee

aw man i laughed out loud with that one.
new 5 is very clean though, at first i thought it was just a big ol 3 series.......

i like the new 5 more than the new 7.

new 5 is very clean though, at first i thought it was just a big ol 3 series.......

:currently waiting in the wing for a white '11 535i with M kit to come back off a loving lease
pimp.gif

this is what i hope to be doing for the '12

:currently waiting in the wing for a white '11 535i with M kit to come back off a loving lease
pimp.gif

this is what i hope to be doing for the '12

Originally Posted by Al Audi

The new 5 flooded my area super fast,  I see at least 6-a-day......Wait until that 6 drops....
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

The new 5 flooded my area super fast,  I see at least 6-a-day......Wait until that 6 drops....
smokin.gif

cars will always instantly depreciate the moment you drive them off the lot.

personally, I wouldn't mind using the train or subway to get around, but Los Angeles is strictly a car/freeway type area, plus I have kids to drive around.

I have seen myself buying a used car from CarMax. The whole 'no-haggle' pricing seems tempting and they do have a somewhat conservative warranty on cars they sell.

I have a few growing babies in my family with more on the way, so I probably wouldn't have a problem buying a used Suburban or Escalade ESV from CarMax ~ instead of buying brand new from the dealers... because I know my kids won't care if the car is used when they barf or spill their juice in the back seat.

cars will always instantly depreciate the moment you drive them off the lot.

personally, I wouldn't mind using the train or subway to get around, but Los Angeles is strictly a car/freeway type area, plus I have kids to drive around.

I have seen myself buying a used car from CarMax. The whole 'no-haggle' pricing seems tempting and they do have a somewhat conservative warranty on cars they sell.

I have a few growing babies in my family with more on the way, so I probably wouldn't have a problem buying a used Suburban or Escalade ESV from CarMax ~ instead of buying brand new from the dealers... because I know my kids won't care if the car is used when they barf or spill their juice in the back seat.

Back
Top Bottom