When you hold the door for somebody, do you wait for the other person that's 15ft. away?

ill only hold it if they're like 3-4 feet next to me anything above that sorry unless you a :pimp: female

Last edited:
With absolutely no sarcasm, this is a great story :lol: (Great GIF executions too).

I do hold the door, but it bothers me that others can't even say thank you when you do so.
I don't do it for the "thank you's", but jeez, what were you taught as a child?

Only and I mean ONLY time I wait is if ONE you're a female, and TWO, you're smashable. I might make an exception if it's an elderly or handicapped person though.
what about an elderly handicapped smashable female? 
nerd.gif

I only wait more than a couple of seconds if it's an elderly woman.

and I never stand outside and prop the door open, I walk through and as I do look back and hold the door open for anyone out of habit.

I never put much thought in to my holding the door practices. Proximity is the most important thing though. I rarely ever do the pull the door back and hold it and watch as ppl walk past me move. It's usually hold my hand back from behind for the person directly behind me.

You didn't do anything wrong. Old ppl can be grumpy, rude, and impatient like that but hey maybe she wanted the D, should've wio.

Last edited:
If theyre just too far when I look back I'll close it. No damns given, I do like holding it open for people though its the courteous thing to do.

Unless your in a wheelchair, 80+ yrs old, or within 2 feet of me I am not holding the door. F that chivalry nonsense

i did this twice today. awkward but felt good after *shrugs*

i do hate it when someone holds it for me forcing me to do some weird looking skip from 20ft away

Only if it's a female, if it's a dude and he is taking his time, I letgo, held a door for female at McDonald's she said thank you, and some dude tried to hurry out the door and not say thank you, slammed it on him, homie don't play that

To make the awkward zone even more awkward:

Instead of holding the door open, slowly close the door so by the time they get there, they'll have to open the door.

Also keep eye contact with the person and try not to blink.

Only if it's a female, if it's a dude and he is taking his time, I letgo, held a door for female at McDonald's she said thank you, and some dude tried to hurry out the door and not say thank you, slammed it on him, homie don't play that
Lmao!

I'll only hold it if you're like 2 feet away.

she does have a point in that if a person is too far (it's up to you to estimate what's too far using range, age/shape of walker, etc.) then he/she will feel like hurried to get to the open door. I just pretend I don't notice people behind me, and just push the door, and have a hand on it while I'm still walking, and then release it when it is no longer within my reach.

This post reminds me of this time way back in HS when a girl was behind a guy, he opens the door and doesn't hold it for her, I think she was looking to her side, and she hit the side of her face right hard on the side of the open door.

Oh yeah, I also have this friend who would say "you're welcome" when he holds the door for someone and the walker doesn't say thanks.

Last edited:

LMAO

Ain't nothing like being in the green zone and you keep walking on accident try to play it off but happen to make eye contact. You just feel like a sorry individual for what you have just done :smh:

Last edited:
whats worst is when you hold one of the double doors and they push open the other one :smh:

I only hold doors if there a few feet away from me but other than that no. Elderly is an exception depening how far or if I'm in a rush.

Back
Top Bottom