Where are the clowns that labelled Reggie Bush a bust?

http://niketalk.com/topic/110956?page=1
http://niketalk.com/topic/206383?page=1
http://niketalk.com/topic/208695?page=1

Come in here and put yourselves on blast.

My dude is living the life...

96147917.jpg

kim-kardashian-grinding-reggie-bush_1_1.jpg

Just because he's doing good in the playoffs don't mean **$+...I don't think he's a bust but he's far from the player the Saints envisioned him to be.

The #2 pick in the draft and a Heisman winner yet he's just a role player on a SB team who disappears for halfs at a time yet he's not a bust?

F are you smoking?

He's still a bust. He's never even come close to rushing for 1000 yards. He receiving back who returns punts. If Teams knew this is what he would have turned out to be he would have been a 20-25 pick in the draft.

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

i don't like to call a player that can be used effectively a bust...

but if we had drafted sproles #2 overall i'd be pissed.
thats a good way of putting it actually

laugh.gif
Living the life. Adam Archuleta is engaged to a Playboy Playmate isn't he? He's probably living the life, he's not a bust.

When you're a top pick like that, they expect you to be an All-Pro caliber player. Is it unfair to the player sometimes? Yeah but that's how it works. I wouldn't call him a bust though...to me bust = someone who isn't even in the league anymore and was never effective as a player, by my definition. Bush still is a huge weapon for that team when he's on. Career has been underwhelming so far but he's still a threat.

He's not playing like a #2 pick and Heisman winner is he?
He's not even the starting RB on the team.

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

hes not a bust
but he isnt what everybody expected when he was drafted
this

i remember people talking like he was gonna walk on water

He's not a bust? Pierre Thomas (undrafted) and Marques Colston (7th Round) have a much bigger role in that offense than he does.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

he's just a role player
Yup, he was advertised as a franchise back, yet he's nothing more than a role player who, like many other role players, has played exceptionally well in some games.
I say he is a lower caliber
BUST.
the highest caliber of course is jamarcus russell bust status.

wasnt he suppose to revolutionize the rb position?
he is a nice role player, change of pace type of play. but you dont draft him #2 to be a role player

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

i don't like to call a player that can be used effectively a bust...

but if we had drafted sproles #2 overall i'd be pissed.

That's a good way to put it.

He was drafted as a franchise RB, put is primarily a punt returner.

He's still a key player on one of the best teams in the league. His 50 receptions a year dont mean anything?

With so many weapons on that offense, not everyone is going to put up Pro-Bowl numbers.

I understand the argument that he did not live up to "#2 overall expectations" but he's still a productive player and a very valuable part of the Saints offense.

Not meeting expectations does not necessarily make you a bust.

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

hes not a bust
but he isnt what everybody expected when he was drafted

Very well said.

Dude is in no sense of the imagination a bust. He isn't what we all thought he would be coming into the NFL, but he is an effective player for the Saints.

He is a bust.  Pierre Thomas was today's best player for the Saints.
Another question is:  Where are the clowns that labelled AP the greatest back of all time prematurely?

Back
Top Bottom