Where R They Now ??? NCAA Basketball

Tobey Bailey ?
One

" I do not share your point of view; I'm actually quite opposed to it. But, as a supporter of democracy, I would be ready to die to defend your freedom of expression"

Umm........

Ray Jackson
Rob Pelinka
James Voskuil
Eric Riley

Yep, all from the book.
Fifty percent of life in the NBA is sex. The other fifty percent is money.-Dennis Rodman

Ok, this might be the longest reply in the history of Nike Talk. However, I am a huge fan of the "Small Guys". Guys who play Professional Basketball, but who are not in the NBA.

Most of the information about these players comes off the top of my head, so it's easy for me to type it out. I am a basketball nut who probably knows more about more players than anyone around.

The statistical information and what teams players are with Overseas comes from a variety of websites.

I worked for a Professional Basketball Agent from January till June of this past year. It was a great job right out of college. However, this Agent deals with smaller tier players and is financially strapped. I had to give it up because of financial concerns. I couldn't afford to keep my shoe addiction on the pay.

Anyways, here is a boatload of information on all the players you asked for.

Enjoy!
Jumanji

Pete Mikeal
Currently in Camp with the Houston Rockets. Pete has a shot to make it back to the NBA. He was with the Knicks in 2000-01, but was stuck on IR all year. He played with the Knicks this Summer at Shaw, averaging 10.2 PPG, while Starting all 6 Games.

He is much different player now than he was in college at Cincy. He can score now, as well still being an outstanding Defensive Player. He played in the Phillippines this past Spring/Summer (2002) for Talk n Text Phone Pals. I'm just about positve that his coach was former UNLV Head Coach Billy Bayno. He led the league in Scoring at 27.6, finished 5th in Rebounding at 11.9 and finished 3rd in Steals at 1.69 .

He played the 2001-02 Season in the ABA for the Kansas City Kinghts. Pete led the team to the ABA Championship. He was named League MVP after averaging 23.4 Points Per Game.

Justin Love
Phoenix really liked Justin's game when he came out of St. Louis. They had him in Summer Camp and Training Camp, but he didn't stick. He played with the Bulls Summer League Teams in 2001. This past season (2001-02) he was in the USBL with the St.Louis Sky Hawks. Here are his Stats: 29games, 17.9ppg, 4.2rpg, 2.7apg, 1.8spg.

Teddy Dupay
Teddy really hurt himself with his Gambling problems. Getting kicked out of Florida during his Senior Year was not a good thing. However, in terms of NBA potential, I don't think it made a difference. He is 5'10 (Maybe) and a slow White Guy. Yes, teams will keep slow White Guys, but I don't think Teddy had the staying power. He bounced around after leaving Florida. He went to Venezuela, but left there after the economy crashed. He landed in the ABA with Phoenix, but they couldn't pay their players on time this year, so he left. He tried to catch with just about every NBA Team for Summer League. He ended up with Orlando, but played in just 21 Minutes and scored 5 Total Points.

Not sure where he is playing right now, or even if he has a job. He might be waiting for the CBA, ABA, NBDL, or USBL Season to start.

Chris Carawell
May 2002 Puerto Rico, Toritos de Cayey
2001-2002: NBDL, Asheville Altitude 7.3ppg, 3.6rpg, 1.8apg
I'm sure Chris will be back in one of the Minor Leagues again this year. He has not signed Overseas (I don' think).

Nate James
Nate was in Camp with Fayetteville of the NBDL last year, but was waived. I know I read about him after that, but I can't remember where he ended up. I know he played in a Showcase Camp at Virginia Commonwealth in May. He may have come to the realization that Professional Basketball may not be in his future. I am a Huge Duke Fan (Have been for a Long Time) and was always a Nate James Fan. Unfortunately for him, he has not been as successful playing for $ as he was at Duke.

Ron Hale
Ron has really made a nice name for him since leaving Florida State. He has been with a few NBA Teams in Summer's and Pre-Seasons. He Played Summer 2002 in the Phillippines for the Coca-Cola Tigers. Here are his Stats:14games 27.4 ppg, 8.8rpg, 4apg, 3PT FG 41.8%, He played 2001-02 in Japan for Mitsubishi Electric Dolphins. He averaged 25.4 ppg.

Wayne Turner
Wayne has been all over the last few years. He had a short stint with the Celtics in 1999, but even Pitino had to let him go. He played in Italy during the Fall of 2001. In January 2002 he signed in the CBA with the Dakota Wizards. In April he moved on the USBL with Florida. In 21 Games he Averaged, 17.9ppg, 3.9rpg, 3.4apg, 1.7spg. I believe he is waiting to return to one of the Minor Leagues again this Year. I would think he and his Agent must think he has a shot to return to the NBA. That's why he is still playing in the US. When NBA Teams need a Player, it has always been known that "Out of Sight Equals Out of Mind". Therefore a number of players who think they are close, will stay in the US for less money than they would receive Overseas.

I was always a big Turner Fan when he was at Kentucky. His Jumpshot is still funky, but he did average 35+ PPG in HS. He has been in more NCAA Games than anyone else. I think he Won more NCAA Tourney Games than anyone as well. Not sure if he will get another NBA chance, but he might.

Arthur Lee
2002-03 Italy, Vip Rimini. He was also in Italy last Season.

Terrell Lyday
2001-02 Poland, Azoty Unia Tarnow
21games: 12.2ppg, 3.0rpg, 3.5apg

Tyson Patterson
2001-02 Israel, U.M.F. Grindavik
He was in the NBDL with Asheville in November of 2001, but was waived and went Overseas.

Jimmy King
Jimmy was indeed among the 4 people whom the Nuggets kept after a Summer Open-Tryout. He was invited to their Summer Camp and was added to their Summer League Roster. He played in 4 of their 6 games, averaging 2.8 Points.

He played the 2001-02 Season in the USBL with the Dodge City Legend. In 30 Games, he average 15.5ppg, 4.6rpg, 3.8apg, 1.2spg. He had been in the NBDL, but his contract was terminated for violation of league policy.

Tyson Wheeler
Tyson is one of my favorite players of all time. I can't believe he has not received another shot in the NBA. He is undersized, but he is the quickest PG around. His outside shot is deadly and he knows how to run a team. I've always hoped he would get another opportunity, but it hasn't come.

He played 2001-02 in the ABA with the Southern California Surf. He helped lead the team to the ABA Finals. He had started the year in Israel, but left due to securtiy concerns.

JR Henderson
2001-02 (KSA), Al-Ittihad. I can't find an update on JR. However, I can't imagine he lasted in Kazakhstan too long. I'm pretty sure he was in the CBA two years ago and was among the Leagues Best Players.

Mark Sanford
Mark has serious NBA Talent. However, he has SERIOUS attidue issues. I believe that is the only reason he has not made it to the League. He played 2001-02 in Japan for the Matsu****a Electric Panasonic Kangaroos. He was 4th in the League in Scoring with 24.5 ppg.

Roderick Rhodes
2002 Phillippines, FedEx Express. He was released.

Stais Boseman
2001-02
NBDL, Columbus Riverdragons, Waived
Signed with ABA, Southern California Surf. He played in 6 Games, 6 ppg.
He then went back to the NBDL with Asheville, but had his contract terminated his for repeated violation of league policy
He then went to Asia and joined Al Rayan for the Asian Club Championships

Lou Roe
2001-02 Spain, Gijon Baloncesto

Mario Bennett
Mario is currently in Camp with Atlanta Hawks. He was also with them this Summer. Mario is one of my favorites as well. He has encountered more bad luck with injuries than just about anyone. He has blown both kness a number of times. In fact he was with the Sonics Summer League Team a few years ago and he broke his kneecap. 2001-02 Mario Played in Spain, Italy and the Phillippines.

Adonis Jordan
Adonis has been a mainstain Overseas. In the past 2 years he has played in Germany, Belgium, France and Finland. He finished last season in Belgium.

Matt Fish
Ah, good old Matt Fish. I remember when he was with the Clippers and a local radio station tried to get him a Shoe Contract. He started last Season in Belgium, but ended up playing in the ABA for Phoenix.

Roy Rogers
Roy had himself a 3 Year Guaranteed Contract in the NBA after being a 1st Round Pick in 1996. However, he is most famous for being the Player traded by the Rockets to the Bulls for Scottie Pippen in a Sign and Trade Deal back in 1998. He played 2001-02 in Russia, Italy, and Slovenia.

Ed Gray
A talented player, but a headcase. Ed cost himself any chance of staying in the NBA with a horrible attitude and an even worse work ethic. Despite a Guaranteed 3 Year Rookie Contract, he was waived before the end of it. He was in the CBA for short stints the last 2 years or so. He signed with the Globetrotters in February of 2002. However, he is not listed on their current Roster. Not sure where he is now.

Toby Bailey
Toby is currently in Camp with the New York Knicks. I can't stand UCLA and was never a big Bailey Fan when he was there. However, I saw him play way back in High School so I have always followed his Career. Toby was in the NBA for 2 Years with Phoenix (1998-00). I saw him play the last few Summers and he really has improved his all-around game. His Jumpshot has vastly improved and he is still extremely athletic. I think he will be back in the NBA, however not sure if he can stick with the Knicks. He played last year (2001-02) in Italy for Imola.

Keith Booth
Keith is also among the Players with Guaranteed 3-Year NBA Rookie Contracts who couldn't stick around. He was waived before the end of the deal, but still got his money. I can't find an update on him. However, I'm pretty sure he was in the CBA within the last 2 years.

Tyus Edney
Tyus is one of the best Point Guards Overseas. He is currently playing for one of the best teams in all of the Overseas Market, Italy's Benetton Treviso. He was with them last season as well.

He made a NBA comeback with the Pacers during the 2000-01 Season. However, he can make just as much $ Overseas and be a Star.

Ray Jackson
The Last of the Fab 5 with Jimmy King. Ray played in Venezuela during 2001, but was released. Not sure where he is now.

Rob Pelinka
I'm almost positive that Rob works for David Falk and Friends as an Agent.

James Voskuil
2001-02 France, Entente Cergy Osny Pontoise
2001-02 Finland, Finished 5th in ppg with 23.9, 8.1rpg,

Eric Riley
Eric is currently in camp with the San Antonio Spurs. He played 2001-02 in Italy.

6:15 INC.

Thanks for the compliments about my ID Shox. They came out perfectly. I have had them for about a year, but don't wear them too often. The Colorway I made is awesome, but it's the ID that made the shoe.

As for the Human Beanstock, Keith Closs.

Keith was with the Globetrotters competitive sqaud last year. He is not on the current roster though. I'm not sure where he will end up this season. He did play in the Summer Pro League this past summer for a few Free Agent Teams. He put up some big numbers, but the competition in some of those games is very lackluster. Perfect for Closs.

I watched Keith at the Summer Pro League back in 1997. He played with the Lakers and had a nice Summer. The Sonics and a few other teams offered him Partially Guaranteed Contracts to come to their Pre-Season Camps. They were basically make-good contracts. If he made the team, he would get paid.

The Clippers, and this explains why people refer to them in the way they do, gave Closs a GUARANTEED 5-Year Contract for $8.5 MILLION Dollars!

That's right, he turned down Training Camp Invitations and CASHED in on the Clippers stupidity. His contract was nearly worth more than what a fellow Rookie in 1997-98 was making. His name was TIM DUNCAN!

Well, the experiment failed for the Clippers. During his stint in the NBA Closs became a human punching bag. First for Shaq who seemed to salivate at the thought of playing against Closs.

Then Closs became the punching bag for a number of people in the streets. As most people remember, or have seen the video, Keith was attacked outside a night club. He was punched and kicked by a number of men and women. It ended up on 2Pac's Celebrity Beat Down, an interactive CD-Rom on one of his albums.

The Clippers put Closs on the Suspended list before the 2000-01 Season because they said he was "Physically Unable To Perform". They wanted nothing to do with him.

Eventually the Clippers bought out the last two years of his contract just so he would go away.

Then you wonder why the Clippers are reluctant to give out big contracts. I know Olowokandi, Brand, Miller, etc. are another level than Closs, but the Clippers just see big contracts and run away.

Jumanji

great job!!!!
what ever happened to :
dugan fife - michigan
chris clack - texas
lance hughes - white who won the college dunk contest from texas
brandon dean - arkansas
god shamgod
khalid el - amin
adonis jordan - kansas

looking through old magazines hope to find more later, but in the mean time keep up the good work.
Can I be the indispensable lynchpin,
by shrugging off an elbow to the bridge of my nose,
by getting a better tape job on my left foot,
by continuing to call glass coming off baseline picks,
by remembering I started college as a 6'3" equipment manager,
by cutting a little more sharply to the bucket?
I can. - Scottie Pippen 1/11/98 1:09 p.m.

From some of my earlier replys:

God Shammgod
2000, Poland

Adonis Jordan
Adonis has been a mainstain Overseas. In the past 2 years he has played in Germany, Belgium, France and Finland. He finished last season in Belgium.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
New ones:

Dugan Fife
Can't find anything on Dugan. His brother Dane (Indiana, '02) played with the Rockets out here in So. Cal this past Summer. He will be playing somwhere this year (Overseas, CBA, NBDL, etc.)

Kris Clack
Kris was with the Celtics during the Summer and Pre-Seasons of 1999 and 2000. However, he has yet to make an opening day roster. He played in Italy last year and is back there again for 2002-03. He is playing for Pompea Napoli.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Lance Hughes
I remember Lance. He finished up at Texas Tech in 1995. Can't find any info on him these days. Haven't heard about him in a long time either.

Brandon Dean
Brandon played with the Suns this past Summer at the Rocky Mountain Revue. He played in 5 of the 6 Games, a total of 46 Minutes, averaging 1.4 Points. I think he will end up playing this year in a Minor League (CBA, USBL, ABA, NBDL).

Khalid El-Amin
I always referred to Khalid as "Fat" El'-Amin. It seemed to fit him as well as it fit "Fat" Lever. Khladi spent his Rookie Year (1999-00) with the Bulls, but was waived part way through. He hasn't made it back since, but he has been with a number of NBA Teams in the Summer and Pre-Season.

He is currently in camp with Miami Heat. He has an outside shot of sticking as the Heat are thin at PG (Best and Carter). He turned down some other offers to go to Miami, including the T-Wolves. He played with the T-Wolves this past Summer. He averaged 11.5 PPG and 3 Assists in 6 Games. The Celtics were also interested in bringing him to camp, but they ended up signing JR Bremer this Summer.

Khalid spent time last year in the CBA and in France.

Jumanji

Here's one (and another in the line of great Georgetown names): Yia Yia Dia. WHere he at?

DIdn't he say he was going to back to Africa and try to become a president or whatever it's called over there for his home country.

(The years of Boubacar and Yia-Yia were perhaps the most fun watching basketball. I remember everyone would just yell Yia-Yia or boubacar everytime they touched the ball. Me and my boy at the gym we balled at used to be called Yia-Yia and Boubacar because we did all the dirty work under the boards togehter.)
Felton, McCants & Mays--Oh My!!!! UNC will be back to normal...soon

Hey Jumanji, I had a couple of guys I was interested in knowing where they were: Scottie Thurman and Ronnie Fields.

how about Michael Jordan? (the one who played for an Ivy league school, I cant remember..penn?) David Wood? Ricky Moore? Thanks

Khalid Reeves ?

It feels good to know that God is loving you. That's the best feeling in the world.
It makes you cry and nothing is even bothering you. It makes you scream but nothing is even scaring you. It makes you have an outbreak and people look at you like you're crazy. The joy is so deep , it makes people look at you and they want what you've got. "Whatever he's on , that's what I need a bag of ", they think. "Whatever he's drinking , that's what I want to drink!" But what I'm on ..... is Jesus. -Pastor Mason Betha

Wow Jumanji, great job with the info! You have any idea if anyone picked up Jerry Green from UCI?
JEFF

Checkout my auctions for kicks, Lakers tickets, etc.!

Val Brown went to my boy's high school in Springfield, VA. Lee HS wasn't anything without him and they were lucky that he was eligible second semester.

JR5
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starting for Michigan at forward, a 6-9 freshman from Detroit, MI #4 Chris Webber; at forward, a 6-6 freshman from Austin, TX #21 Ray Jackson; at center, a 6-9 freshman from Chicago, IL #25 Juwan Howard; at guard a 6-5 freshman from Plano, TX #24 Jimmy King; and at guard, a 6-8 freshman from Detroit, MI #5 Jalen Rose. They were known as the "Greatest Class Ever Recruited" or simply known as the Fab Five ~ Mitch Albom [/font]

Here are my last replys for tonight. Keep on asking though, I don't mind responding.

Ronnie Fields:
His name seems to come every once in a while on NT. He has played in the CBA, USBL, and ABA over the last 5 Years. Last year he was in the USBL with Florida and Pennsylvania. With PA he Averaged 15.6ppg, 4.9rpg, 2.8apg, 2.5spg.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Yia Yia Dia&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Ah what a name. With Dia and Aw G' Town had some awesome Front Court Player names. Dia has played Overseas for most of his Pro Career. He has been in Australia, Argentina, Uruguay, and Italy. He played this past season (01-02) in Italy for Premiata Calzatura Montegranaro. It is a Division II Team in Italy. He Averaged 16 PPG and 10 REB.

Scotty Thurman
I really liked Scotty when he was at Arkansas. A few years ago I read something about him I never remembering hearing in 1995. Scotty left Arkansas after his Junior Year as an Underclassman. He went undrafted and became a rediculed player for leaving early. **** Vitale ripped him constantly and they tried to make him an example. However, the article I read said the reason he left Arkansas was his Girlfriend (might have been fiance) was pregnant. He needed to make $ and left when he had a chance. I never remember Vitale (who I hate) and buddies mentioning that. Either they didn't know, or they failed to mention it.

Anyways, Scotty has bounced around Overseas. He has played in Cyprus, Lebanon, Italy, and Greece.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Ricky Moore
Ricky is currently in camp with the Detroit Pistons. I don't think he will able to stick with them though. They already have 3 PG's (Billups, Atkins, Pepe Sanchez). However, if he has a good Pre-Season he might get picked up by another team. I don't think he will though. He wouldn't be on my list of the Top Point Guards who are not in the League. I know he is an outstanding Defender, but personally I don't think he is NBA material. He played last year in the NBDL, CBA, and the USBL.

Michael Jordan
Michael always had the name, but just not the game. He was really an overrated College Player at Penn who got pub because of his name. He was with the Celtics Summer League Team in 2000. He has spent parts of the last 2 years playing in Spain, France, and Venezuela. 2002-03 is currently playing in Germany for TSV Quakenbruc.

David Wood
Of all the Players I thought people would ask about, I have to admit David Wood did not come into mind. However, if you ask, I'll give you the info. Still going strong at almost 38 Years Old, Wood continues to make $ playing Basketball. He has been out of the NBA since a short stint with the Bucks in 1996-97. Since then he has been a World Traveler. He has played in Spain, France, Phillippines, and the CBA. He has spent the most part of the last few years in Spain though. He is currently playing in Spain for Fuenlabrada Madrid.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

Enjoy the Info
Keep 'em coming
Jumanji

Jeffrey,

You get the last reply for the night. I just saw your response.

As a matter of fact, I just read about Jerry today. He is currently playing in Greece for Mitteldeutscher. He led them to a victory yesterday, scoring 29 Points.

Anyways, Jerry signed with them a little over a month ago. He didn't stick around for a potential NBA Training Camp invitation. I was really surprised this past Summer that he was not on anyone's Summer League Team.

Jerry is represented by the Goodwin Brothers (they represent Payton among others). I'm not sure why he wasn't in anyone's Summer Programs, but he wasn't.

Jerry was unable to be Drafted this past season. He was ineligible because he went through the Draft last year. He went undrafted in 2001 and because he didn't sign with an Agent then, was allowed to return to UCI.

However, he was unable to be drafted this year because you can only go through the Draft once.

Jerry and his representitives (I think Arn Tellem was helping him at 1st) were really satisfied with that information. They figured he would be a 2nd Round Pick at best. 2nd Round Picks do not always get a fair shot at sticking with the Team that drafts them, because sometimes the situation is a bad one. As a result, they figured they could in a sense, pick the team they wanted Jerry to go.

Somehow that didn't work because he didn't play with anyone this Summer and he went straight Overseas.

However, he is making nice $ in Germany and is doing really well.

Jumanji

my last call jumanji :

jonny hemsley
kenny gregory
horace jenkins
tony akins
rashad phillips
zach marbry
robert okelly
albert mouring
ricardo greer
tony harris
donald hand

i've been b****n on chicks faces til they look like they covered in noxema.-Fabolous

how about DeJuan Wheat? He was the man for L'Ville a few years ago, and the inspiration for my screenname....
don't let it go to your head now....

This mornings replies:

Khalid Reeves
Khalid had a very nice Rookie Contract after being drafted in 1994. He was unable to do much in the NBA though. He had a good rookie year with the Heat, but was traded to Charlotte in the Alonzo Mourning deal. He then bounced around from Charlotte to Dallas (a few times), to New Jersey to Chicago.

The last few years he has spent time in the IBL, ABA, USBL, and overseas in Venezuela, Greece, and France.

DeJuan Wheat
Dejuan had some short stints early on his career with the NBA. He was with the Lakers, T-Wolves, and Suns for either parts of a season, Training Camp, or Summer League. He was never quite able to stick though. Last season (01-02) he played in Venezuela.

Kenny Gregory
Kenny started the 2001-02 Season in the NBDL. He moved on to the USBL with the Dodge City Legend. He had a pretty good year there. In 28 Games, he averaged, 20.1ppg, 4.0rpg, 1.5apg, 0.7spg.

Johnny Hemsley
Played last season in the NBDL with Asheville. He was waived in March.

Horace Jenkins
Horace was a good story player from a few years ago. A guy who was away from basketball for 5 years before using up his college eligibility. He ended up at a D3 School (William & Patterson) where he averaged over 20 PPG 3 Years in a row. In 2001-02 he played in Italy Division 2 for Cimberio Borgomanero. He put up the following stats: 39 games, 30.9ppg, 4.8rpg, 2.9apg, 3.0spg. He is back in Italy this year playing for Virtus Roma.

Tony Akins
Tony made the Summer NBA circuit in 2002. He ended up playing for the Nets at Shaw. He played in 5 Games, starting 3, for a total of 90 Minutes. However, his numbers were not very impressive. 3.2 PPG (6/24 FG, 25%), 2 AST. I'm not exactly sure where he is now, but I know he signed Overseas. Pretty sure he went to Italy.

Rashad Phillips
Rashad is player that a lot of people were surprised went undrafted in the 2001 Draft. After being named MVP at Portsmith and performing well at the Chicago Pre-Draft Camp, Phillips had high hopes of being a 2nd Round lock. He wasn't and hooked on with the Warriors last Summer and in Training Camp. He was waived and ended up in the NBDL. In the NBDL with Mobile he put up these numbers: 12.5ppg, 1.5rpg, 3.7apg. For 2002-2003 Rashad has gone to Italy Division II, playing for Cimbeiro Aironi Novara.

Zach Marbury
Zach has always been overshadowed by his brother Stephon. He was a much-hyped prospect at Rhode Island, and put up decent #'s. After declaring early for the 2001 Draft, Zach not surprisingly, went undrafted. He played a few games in the ABA last year. This past summer he played in the Rucker League. Not sure what the future holds for him. I would imagine he'll be in a US Minor League.

Robert O'Kelly
He spent parts 2001-02 playing in Belgium and Spain.

Albert Mouring
Played parts of 2001-02 in Israel and Poland. He left a team in Israel because they couldn't pay their players. Finished 2002 in the USBL with St. Louis. Numbers: 28 Games: 17.9ppg, 3.6rpg, 1.9apg, 1.1spg. Summer 2002 was with the Clippers in the So Cal Summer Pro League.

Ricardo Greer
Ricardo is currently playing in France forSTB Le Havre.

Tony Harris
Tony had a good 1st few years at Tennessee. However, he stumbled in his last few years, as did his team. He couldn't get out of there soon enough. He was with Fayetteville of the NBDL last year. I would imagine he would back in a Minor League this year as well.

Who else?
Jumanji

Maceo Baston
Maceo has made the Summer NBA circuit the last few years. In 2000 he played with Bucks, 2001 the Knicks, 2002 the 76ers and the Raptors. This past summer with Raptors he put up some nice numbers. In 5 Games (a total of 89 Minutes) he shot 17/24, 70.8%. He averaged 8.6 PPG.

He spent time in the CBA during 1998 and 1999. In 2000 he went to France. 2001-02 and 2002-03 he played in Spain. He is currently with Joventut Badalona.

As for Maceo's former Michigan teammatte, Jerod Ward, he is closer to making it to the NBA.

Jerod has also made the Summer and Pre-Season NBA tour the last few years. He is currently in camp with the Raptors and has an outside shot of sticking. Their recent aquisitions of SF Lamond Murray and Rookie SF Chris Jefferies won't help, but he still has a shot.

He played for the Raptors this past summer in Utah and was very good. In 6 Games he the led Raptors in Scoring with 14.8 PPG.

Jerod has spent parts of the last few years in the CBA, ABA, Spain and the Phillippines.

I just figured someone would be interested in Ward as well.

Come on, who else are you trying to find?

Jumanji

Jumanji, how about: James "hollywood" Robinson, Chris King, Eric Murdock, Tony Dumas, Wayman Tisdale, Lee Mayberry, Rex Walters, Ken Norman? Just remembered those guys from back in the day..thanks

More........

James "Hollywood" Robinson
Hollywood was last in the league with the Sonics during 2000-01 on a few 10-Day Contracts. After the Clipps released him in 1999 he spent a little time with the T-Wolves. In 2001-02 he played in Russia. He had some great stats playing over there.

I was at a Clippers/Jazz game way back in 1997 at the Pond. Hollywood had the greatest spin move I have ever seen in person. He was running a Screen/Roll and the 2nd Defender showed and steped out to the wing. He took one dribble and split the double team with the fastest spin move I have ever seen. It was unbelievable. Random note, but it was definitely a noteworthy move.

Chris King
Chris has been out of the NBA since 1996 when he was with the Grizzlies. He has been all over since. He spent time in Turkey, France, Phillippines, Italy, Israel, Greece, and the CBA. In 2001-2002 he was back and France. He is currently in Israel playing for Hapoel Tel-Aviv.

Eric Murdock
Eric has been out of the NBA since a Pre-Seaon stint with the Pistons in 2000. He played this past Summer for the 76ers. In 5 Games he played 53 minutes, and averaged 4.3 PPG. Not sure where he is right now. &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Tony Dumas
Tony never could quite stick in the NBA. He spent time with the Mavs, Suns, and Cavs but was only around for a few years. As a 1st Round Pick in 1994 (before the Rookie Contract Scale), I'm sure his guaranteed money was pretty good. He spent 2001-02 in Italy. For 2002-03 he went off to Lebanon with Al Sadaka.

Wayman Tisdale
Wayman retired after the 1997-98 season. He was always an accomplished jazz musician and is a musical star today. I think he was nomiated for a Grammy last year.

Lee Mayberry
Lee hasn't seen the NBA in a while. A projected star out of Arkansas, Mayberry never could figure out how to be a PG in the NBA. After three years with the Bucks, he was taken by the Grizzlies in the 1995 Expansion Draft. At the time, everyone thought it was a great opportunity and that this was his chance. However, despite the chance, he was unable to succeed. He has been out of the League for a while now. I have seen his name come up in the last few years as an overseas guy, but I don't know where (or if) he is currently playing.

Rex Walters
Rex hasn't seen the League since the Heat waived him in 2000. He played the Summer of 2000 and the Preseason of 2000 for the Pacers. He was in Nuggets camp in 2001. For the 2001-02 Season he spent time in Italy and the ABA for Kansas City. With the Knights he put up some good #'s. 13games: 14.5ppg, 2.6rpg, 6.0apg, 1.3spg

Rex is half asian and a lot of my friends use to always see him at a Sayo Tournament in San Jose.

Ken Norman
The "Snake" has been out of the NBA for a while. As far as I know he is not playing professional basketball anymore. He had a pretty good NBA Career after a great career at Illinois.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Next?
Jumanji

dontonio wingfield-
i read in one of those college annuals that he is currently spending time for domestic abuse...

keith jennings?
drew barry?
alfred grigsby?
jerald honeycutt?
derek hood?
damon flint?

thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom