Which do you prefer?Original or Retro's?

OG's. But if I'm wearing then of course retro. Half the people I hang around dont know a Jordan from British Knights, So it's not like they know the difference.

I would prefer Retros that are 100% equal to the OG's in terms of design (NIKE AIR on the back) so i could actually wear it without the sole breaking into 1000 pieces 

RETRO's They have soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more performance measures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys are the "F" word

always gonna love og's and even 99-early 00' retros more..
but only downfall is the damage liability is greater on em.. ie cracking, midsole separation etc

The Original Nike Air Jordan 11 was the greatest shoe created to man.
laugh.gif
yep I agree 100% bro.

Originally Posted by thuglife67898

I would prefer Retros that are 100% equal to the OG's in terms of design (NIKE AIR on the back) so i could actually wear it without the sole breaking into 1000 pieces 

for wearing of course, but even for collecting, id still want the OGs even they crack since they are the precursor.....without them we wouldnt have retros

The history of an og is priceless.  I would rather pay more for an og just knowing they were from the actual era that the man himself played in. 

I had all the OGs from V-XIV, and early retros (I-III '94) abut I balled in all of them. Quite frankly when I see people talking about the quality of the OG's, I have to laugh. Some of the OGs, especially in the later years, were garbage quality. I can't tell you how many pairs I had early toe separation on, horrible creasing, easy scuffing. Particularly 10's, 12's, and 14's (the foam midsoles were utter garbage).

Now I only wear the retros as regular kicks, not basketball shoes, and I haven't found any issue with the quality. In a few cases they've obviously switched materials altogether from the OG colorways, and I'm not in support of that. But as far as the materials go on many of the recent pickups I've made, I don't have complaints. Maybe I don't wear them enough to see many of the issues I had with the OGs when I played basketball in them, but most of them have held up pretty well after many wears.

I always thought Jordan had great designs, but quality wise the OGs were horribly hit or miss. Just like anything people want to remember it how they choose (which is usually fondly), especially in comparison to newer versions of the same product. Nothing is changing back time, but overall I think the OG vs Retro quality issue is way overblown. The best is when I see 17-19 year olds talking about the quality of retros being poor. These kids weren't even wearing Jordans until after the production had gone from Nike to JB (which I suppose is still just slicing the same thing a different way). I'm sure I'll be in the minority here, but that's just my feelings on things. The reality is probably that just about every major brand (Nike, Adidas, and Reebok) have cut quality in favor of cost reductions, especially on retro shoes.

ogs over retros anytime, especially because jb
often messed up the retros with poor
leather, changed the shape and mostly
annoying some colors and design elements
on classic colorways of a shoe.
the only improvement i saw on some
retros was the comfort of the aj 12
and that the aj14 retro felt exactly
like the ogs,on the feet.
the aj 13 retros how ever feel
complezely different to the ogs.
midsole is much stiffer and less
bendable.

I've heard that the Retro XII was more comfortable than the Original...i only have the original, so i can't confirm this

But the originals are way better, and unless Jordan Brand decides to care about their customers...it will stay that way

Back
Top Bottom