Which were your first pair of Js?

Status
Not open for further replies.
COOL GREY 4s
glasses.gif

it was 89...got the bred iv's. The fit huge on me because i got the smallest adult size they had...and i wore a kid's 5 at the time. I still, to this day...remember the quaility in that shoe.

Same here except my parents couldn't afford adult size so went tight on kids size

It was 1989, I was in the 7th grade. My dad bought me my first Air Jordans, the Blk/red '89's AKA the IV's. I still have them, but they are crumbling:frown: Still my favorite Jordan till this day. I also have the '99 Nike Air version. Cant wait for the release in Nov. Gonna try and get 3 pairs.

My first pair was the white and infa red 6s. I was 6 years old when I got those.

Not sure if I had any jordans when i was a baby but first numbered pair i remember were my military 4's in 7th grade

Its crazy, but I used to get all my Jordans as a kid from the nike outlet. I was raised by a single mom who would NEVER buy $100 shoes, but if the same sneakers were $70 or less I could have them for my birthday or Christmas. The white/red XII's were my first pair, they were youth size from the outlet for cheap. My second pair was the black/red XIII's, also from the outlet, this time in a men's 8. I was thinking about what would happen if people saw black/red XIII's in an outlet for $70 now, people would be pooping their pants for sure. Funny how in the late 90's I could almost expect to get a pair at the outlet, now you can't even get a popular shoe on the afternoon of release.

Last edited:
my first pair of shoes in general were the hare 7s in 92 when i was born.

the first pair i bought myself were the croc 17+ in 5th grade with my birthday money 
pimp.gif

OG Flint Grey XIIIs. I was 9. Wore it with the red Jordan Bulls jersey. No dambs were given on casual Friday.

Last edited:
The Grapes back in 06 i was in 7th grade and it was the first pair of non team jordans i got. loved the colorway wore them to ****. still got em and i wished they fit and i didnt wear them for 2 years straight. oh well. i guess ill have to cop this year if they release hopefully.

My 1st pair was the exact ones that just released; the Fire Red Black White IV's. This was back in 1989, I was in sixth grade (in Chicago) and my grandpa bought them for me at the Footlocker which at the time was on Michigan ave in downtown. I remember it was between these and a pair of British Knights. I got these and my sister got the LA Gear Brats. Memories............
smile.gif

Mine were the VI Black/Infrared back in '91. My brother got them for me for my birthday. I was the envy of the block to have a pair of Air Jordan's!

Mine were the Black and Infrared 6's in 1991. I remember these because I was 7 and I had to destroy a wanna be bully for trying to get em off of me...Like Tyson son!

OG Black/Blue AJ I's back in 1987 for 8th grade baskeball (yeah, Im very old). I needed baskeball shoes for the team and the Air Jordan I's were on sale for $19.99 (in multiple colorways) at "Big 5". So I used some Christmas money to buy the Black/Blue's since our uniforms were blue & white. Started the season in the blue laces and finished with the black ones.

First adult Jordan purchase was Playoff/All Star XII's that took 2 weeks of Sears pay to buy. First time I saw people lining up at a store to buy shoes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom