Whitney Houston died Vol. 48

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Just like how everyone all of a sudden loves her music (check the amazon sales) The woman was a legend, but lets be honest, how many of these people who are "so devastated" were so passionate about her or her music before she passed? Never know people could be hypebeasts over celebrities
30t6p3b.gif
just like the saying goes you never know what you have until its gone.
same for the artists and music you love and grew up with.

quit hating on people that want to pay their respects. why does it bother you so much? just ignore it if you hate it that much

hypebeast is for shoes and crap we buy on impulse.

Emotions and feelings shown are for the artist who is no longer with us. Even though famous to many is still a got damn human being who lost their life.

and to the guy who said why dont we moun for the soldier, humans have emotions for the people we know and sympathize for. and in this case her music made people feel like they knew her like she was a part of their life. if you told someone about the soldier and his life im sure you would get the respect and admiration you are seeking.

really bro quit being a **** in this situation
Ah, i should stop assuming things. Never said I hate it, I just find it ironic thats all.

fixed for you

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

can yall please keep the youtube amatuers and other artists out of this thread? sheesh the woman just died. have some respect

518265939a2c4c473a68fd987bd4ccc9a0db8570.gif
laugh.gif

Had no idea Whitney sold 55 million records in the United States before her death.
eek.gif
eek.gif

Crazy numbers

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

why does everyone mourn this womans death to the extreme? way more important things going on in the world... our society places way too much emphasis on celebrities... Whitney dies and the radio is playing her music non stop and people are calling in crying, why not play "god bless america" every time a soldier dies at war? SMH

ps- I posted this same premise on FB and got angry texts from my mom lol...

Just like how everyone all of a sudden loves her music (check the amazon sales) The woman was a legend, but lets be honest, how many of these people who are "so devastated" were so passionate about her or her music before she passed? Never know people could be hypebeasts over celebrities
30t6p3b.gif

quit hating on people that want to pay their respects. why does it bother you so much? just ignore it if you hate it that much

Emotions and feelings shown are for the artist who is no longer with us. Even though famous to many is still a got damn human being who lost their life.

and to the guy who said why dont we moun for the soldier, humans have emotions for the people we know and sympathize for. and in this case her music made people feel like they knew her like she was a part of their life. if you told someone about the soldier and his life im sure you would get the respect and admiration you are seeking.

so will it be hypebeasting etc.... when jordan dies and everyone and they momma goes out and get j's, buys space jam, etc....?

Man did anyone watch Dateline tonight? Man they really painted Bobby as the bad guy here. Wholesome Whitney vs. Cirty Bobby. They were going hard with it man. Damn television is a great tool.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Man did anyone watch Dateline tonight? Man they really painted Bobby as the bad guy here. Wholesome Whitney vs. Cirty Bobby. They were going hard with it man. Damn television is a great tool.

theyve always done this.... like making it seems he sedated her force feed her liquor and crack... she wasnt a kid she decided to do what she did on her on free will

Originally Posted by LDJ

30t6p3b.gif

so will it be hypebeasting etc.... when jordan dies and everyone and they momma goes out and get j's, buys space jam, etc....?
They already do that, though.  But you just further proved my point with that terrible example

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

why does everyone mourn this womans death to the extreme? way more important things going on in the world... our society places way too much emphasis on celebrities... Whitney dies and the radio is playing her music non stop and people are calling in crying, why not play "god bless america" every time a soldier dies at war? SMH

thanks for proving my point... go read a newspaper and stop watching mtv

Just like how everyone all of a sudden loves her music (check the amazon sales) The woman was a legend, but lets be honest, how many of these people who are "so devastated" were so passionate about her or her music before she passed? Never knew people could be hypebeasts over celebrities
30t6p3b.gif
I actually understand the record sales because the radio plays old songs that some people never heard or remember like "oh yea, that was my song, I need that on CD". 

When MJ passed, I heard a bunch of old songs I have never even heard before and was like "Damn, this is good, I need this, and that, that too...."

Originally Posted by cguy610

Just like how everyone all of a sudden loves her music (check the amazon sales) The woman was a legend, but lets be honest, how many of these people who are "so devastated" were so passionate about her or her music before she passed? Never knew people could be hypebeasts over celebrities
30t6p3b.gif
I actually understand the record sales because the radio plays old songs that some people never heard or remember like "oh yea, that was my song, I need that on CD". 

When MJ passed, I heard a bunch of old songs I have never even heard before and was like "Damn, this is good, I need this, and that, that too...."
I feel MJ and whitney were different in that area. After 2003 certain radio  stations stop playing his music,
I use to hear prince whitney, madonna Anita Baker, Elton John, everyone except him, they shunned him.
I didnt get on MJ oldies until I got a Ipod in 07 and heard "off the wall" and I was hooked with his old stuff.
Whitney always gets rotation on the coast old people stations.
"Its not right" remix and "Im every woman" always gets play on the house music stations.

WITNESSkb24:
The woman was a legend, but lets be honest, how many of these people who are "so devastated" were so passionate about her or her music before she passed? Never knew people could be hypebeasts over celebrities
30t6p3b.gif

Like I already said about 6-7 pages ago:
23ska909red02:
Alright, I'm going to break this down real quick, just for the hell of it.

A celebrity dies.

There WILL be:
– people who were diehard fans before the death, never clowned the celebrity, and are now paying respects , feeling sad
– people who were mediocre fans before the death, sometimes clowned the celebrity, and are now paying respects, feeling sad
– people who couldn't care one way or the other about the celebrity, cosigned all the jokes, and are now putting all the jokes aside and just paying respects, kind of sad
– people who couldn't care one way or the other about the celebrity, cosigned all the jokes, and are now fronting like they were a fan before, faking sadness
– people who didn't like the celebrity, always clowned the celebrity, and are now fronting like they were a fan before, faking sadness

Now, how the hell are you going to prove which description fits every person that has something to say about Whitney? You can't, so just say what you got to say about her, and keep it moving. Feel me?

And if, out of respect for her, you wanted to wait a little while and make a thread about who the real fans were, come on, be real. You know damn well you are not going to get any sort of honesty out of that.
laugh.gif
Bottom line: there's no way for you to prove which description a person falls under, and we all know that thnhere is a ton of those last 3 descriptions, but why waste your energy trying to prove who's who, when it can't be done?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Whitney Houston's 18-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina, was hospitalized just after midnight — this was BEFORE she was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for a SECOND time Sunday afternoon, a family source has confirmed to Star magazine and RadarOnline.com.

"She tried to ease the pain of losing her mother by having a few alcoholic drinks," the insider said.
"She was distraught, on the verge of a complete breakdown. Not knowing what to do, members of her mother's entourage tried to calm her down with a sedative.

Link

u gotta be kidding me...
30t6p3b.gif

Amazing. After what Michael Jackson went through, you'd think these people would have some sense.  Then again, they're paid just to take up space.

Bobbi her daughter is suicidal now. And Bobbi brown flew there to be with her. She just got out of the hospital and they are putting her in rehab

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

thanks for proving my point... go read a newspaper and stop watching mtv

Actually I only did that as a joke, and I do agree with what you're getting at. 
People wanting to be the first to know, or they were just listening to her. I agree, it's annoying, but to sit there actually upset about it and say everyone who is listening to her music, the radio playing her music, or watching the news coverage about it is somehow hopping on the RIP bandwagon.. kinda childish, it shouldn't bother you that much..

I am not upset about her music, or anything like that... I just am pointing out the fact that our society places the wrong emphasis on what to mourn

article-2099347-11AB13F5000005DC-622_634x928.jpg

Hold on! So Ray J and Whitney were still seeing one another? 
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

Just saw that boy in his white range by the J's. Wonder if he be foolin with those direct purchases...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 4U2C

Bobbi her daughter is suicidal now. And Bobbi brown flew there to be with her. She just got out of the hospital and they are putting her in rehab

When it rains, it pours

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Alcohol + Xanax????

Yikes.

30t6p3b.gif
I've mixed the two many times.  I can't imagine ever being so sedated that I could drown.  I'd be surprised if that was JUST the lethal mixture.
THIS!!!!!!!!! If anything I might spazz on a @%@ but not drown

Back
Top Bottom