WHO declares Monkeypox outbreak a global emergency

It's funny how trash redneck bigots only believe in science when it involves demonizing another group.

Monkey pox is not an STI or a "gay disease". Touching anyone with it will get you infected.

It's funny how trash redneck bigots only believe in science when it involves demonizing another group.

Monkey pox is not an STI or a "gay disease". Touching anyone with it will get you infected.

the main driver of transmission is sex.

yes monkey pox is spreads through social networks..
and the social network it's primarily spreading in is men who are having sex with each other.

anything that doesn't emphasize this point is just misleading.

and the social network it's primarily spreading in is men who are having sex with each other.

Correlation doesn't equal causation. The spike in the virus coincided with a lot of pride parades across the world where people were in close proximity. There is no evidence that sexual acts specifically is the driving force for the virus. Simple acts like kissing and holding hands can lead to its spread.

It could have easily been correlated with a MAGA rally or Caribbean festival.

Correlation doesn't equal causation. The spike in the virus coincided with a lot of pride parades across the world where people were in close proximity. There is no evidence that sexual acts specifically is the driving force for the virus. Simple acts like kissing and holding hands can lead to its spread.

It could have easily been correlated with a MAGA rally or Caribbean festival.

a UK study looking at 4 public health agencies in 4 different countries determined that 98% of the cases were men having sex with men
and 95% of the transmission occurred during sex.

call me crazy 90%+ i think is a shade beyond mere correlation.

Idiots thinking this is a gay virus is only going to further its spread. We know how much viruses looooove ignorant people. Human beings never learn.

idiots trying to obfuscate what community the virus is spreading in is going to lead to gay people not taking the proper precautions.

1659997907514.png

no one should demonize anyone,
any virus can spread in a community, this one happens to be spreading in the gay community.

no need to obfuscate.
gay people are adults they can handle it.

a UK study looking at 4 public health agencies in 4 different countries determined that 98% of the cases were men having sex with men
and 95% of the transmission occurred during sex.

call me crazy 90%+ i think is a shade beyond mere correlation.

A small sample size of something that hasn't become an epidemic yet. The numbers could easily shift to becoming more prevalent amongst another population because of rednecks being reckless thinking they can't get it cause they aren't gay.

HIV used to get blamed on gay people now most of the infected are straight people and junkies.

Bigots just saw this and jumped right on it because it.

Pretty sure if someone has the rash all over their body you don't have to f*** them to get it. :rofl:

im sorry the facts are interfering with catastrophization.
I can't stop you from lying to people. but im going to tell people the truth.

People prefer to lie to protect sensitive people instead of solving problems rooted in reality.

This is just the same as early 2020 when the majority of COVID infections were linked to travel from China. If you had recently traveled from China and had a respiratory virus then you might get tested for COVID, but otherwise it was just a respiratory virus. The reason cases are currently linked to MSM is because that's the narrative and everything else is just a rash. MSM live in the community and sit on the same toilets, try on the same clothes, go to the same establishments, have kids who go to school and interact with other kids... osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh you are clearly being naive. Not sure if on purpose or pure ignorance.

A small sample size of something that hasn't become an epidemic yet. The numbers could easily shift to becoming more prevalent amongst another population.

it hasn't tho yet, how about follow the science, instead of engaging in weird doom casting about the future.
the current data we have says its overwhelmingly circulating among men who have sex with other men.

it's important to be clear.

HIV used to get blamed on gay people now most of the infected are straight people and junkies.

1. that's not actually true, in western countries gay men still make up a disproportionate share of the cases.

2. no one is blaming anyone for anything. people need accurate info so they can take precautions.
there's a reason anti HIV prophylactics like PREP are primarily marketed towards gay men.

they are the biggest risk group.

Pretty sure if someone has the rash all over their body you don't have to f*** them to get it.

from what we know you would need prolonged skin to skin contact,
I don't know how much prolonged skin to skin contact you get with your bros

unless you are having sex with your homies, I think transmission is not that easy.

Lol this reminds me of when black people thought they were immune to covid then they became one of the most affected groups. :rofl:

Then people said covid couldn't survive hot weather then Brazil got devastated.

Lol @ follow science. I have studied pox viruses. Simply touching someone is enough. A bigot has no authority on science. Ill go ahead and wait for more cases before blaming a group for it.

This is just the same as early 2020 when the majority of infections were linked to travel from China. If you had recently traveled from China and had a respiratory virus then you might get tested for COVID, but otherwise it was just a respiratory virus. The reason cases are currently linked to MSM is because that's the narrative and everything else is just a rash. MSM live in the community and sit on the same toilets, try on the same clothes, go to the same establishments, have kids who go to school and interact with other kids... osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh you are clearly being naive. Not sure if on purpose or pure ignorance.

yes a rash is different from a respiratory virus. crazy i know.
yes early infections from covid were people traveling from china...then it very quickly exploded past that.

the same thing is not happening with monkey pox. it's almost like they are different viruses with different modes of transmission.

it's almost like one is a pox virus and one is a respiratory virus.

Lol this reminds me of when black people thought they were immune to covid then they became one of the most affected groups. :rofl:

it's literally nothing like that.

i didn't say anyone was immune. or that non gay people couldn't get it.

i simply re iterated the current data we have on monkey pox,
you're the one running well past the science.

Now I'm sure. Pure ignorance.

you're are just as bad as republicans.

you are making wild claims and actively misleading people about state of the data

republicans I can at least understand, they want to win elections.
you I don't get what your deal is.

The rise of monkeypox cases in Africa, the only continent where the infectious disease is endemic, is coming from household transmission rather than primarily from men who have sex with men, according to the World Health Organization.

Only about 60% of the current cases in Africa are in men and the pattern of recent cases on the continent is different from elsewhere, Patrick Otim, WHO Africa’s health emergency officer, said in a briefing Thursday.

“It’s happened in households where people who are exposed to initial transmission from the wild, from the zoonotic, then pass it person-to-person,” he said.

How has the disease remained endemic in regions that heavily criminalize homosexual practices (which are not widespread to begin with), but the moment it lands in the West, it becomes a gay STD?

The outcomes don’t point to some COVID like disaster but we are seeing extremely concerning rapid growth of a disease that causes 2-4 week contagious illness in younger and otherwise healthy adults

I am definitely sensitive to the concern that a too passive approach will allow the virus to become endemic

How has the disease remained endemic in regions that heavily criminalize homosexual practices (which are not widespread to begin with), but the moment it lands in the West, it becomes a gay STD?

obviously im talking about western countries.

and obviously the situation in developing countries is different.

poor infrastructure, lack of effective public health institutions, low governmental trust all reasons why diseases we've mostly eradicated in the west
remain persistent in parts of africa ect.

The outcomes don’t point to some COVID like disaster but we are seeing extremely concerning rapid growth of a disease that causes 2-4 week contagious illness in younger and otherwise healthy adults

I am definitely sensitive to the concern that a too passive approach will allow the virus to become endemic

to be clear I'm not advocating a passive approach.

im just saying it's important to be clear about who is most at risk.
so we can do prudent cost benefit analysis.

it's literally nothing like that.

i didn't say anyone was immune. or that non gay people couldn't get it.

i simply re iterated the current data we have on monkey pox,
you're the one running well past the science.

Lol I don't jump on preliminary data on infections. That's just bad science. Intelligence relies in learning from your mistakes. We have seen this story before and it doesn't end well. Again if you think it's a gay disease or STI go shake hands with someone that has the virus. :lol:

If you had sex with someone with Covid youre probably going to get it. Doesnt make it an STI.

If you have sex with someone with chicken pox you're going to get it if you haven't had it as a kid. Doesn't make it an STI

Lol I don't jump on preliminary data on infections. That's just bad science. Intelligence relies in learning from your mistakes. We have seen this story before and it doesn't end well. Again if you think it's a gay disease or STI go shake hands with someone that has the virus. :lol:

so instead of using the data we have, you're advice...is to make stuff up?

Back
Top Bottom