Who Do You Pattern Your Game After? (BASKETBALL)

for a while allen iverson.. then He Got Game came out and i switched to ray allen
we have the same last name too.. for a while i was hoping he was a distant relative
laugh.gif
he's not though
tired.gif

I don't pattern my game after just 1 person. I just take moves from different players. People have said I play like

Shawn Livingston
Magic Johnson
Kevin Garnett

Basically any taller people that play point/can handle/pass

Yall woofin when you say that you people said you play like so-and-so.

No one ever talks like that.
laugh.gif

And dude that said in high school you tried playing like Rip Hamilton makes me feel old for wanting to play like Dennis Rodman.
sick.gif

I'm a physically bigger dude then most people I play with, but I can handle the rock shoot and get to the basket whenever I want so I guess I imaginemyself playing like Lebron.

I stole his driving to the lane type mentality. He is like a truck when he dips his shoulder.

I try to be an unselfish Zach Randolph type. I'm a 6'6" white guy so people usually expect me to be a stiff with stone hands, but I snatch a lotof boards by just tipping it to myself and I have good instincts in general around the hoop. Also like Randolph I have better than average foot speed for mysize but not much of a vert. I don't consider myself to be very good, but I can be dominant more times than not simply because NO ONE knows how to playpost defense on most courts.

Barkley move with your back to the basket and then a reverse along the baseline is pretty much lethal no matter how big you are.

I love passing. And getting the team involved and despise people who love jacking up threes over three defenders when I am open under the basket. I love usingthe pick and roll games. my shot is horrible so thats why i like getting everyone else involved..

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

i just sit at the arc and shoot 3s, and i dont play D

so i guess jason kapono? but i dont make my 3s
laugh.gif
thats pretty much me too... but i have an ugly shot likemarion

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

laugh.gif
thats pretty much me too... but i have an ugly shot like marion
Glad I'm not alone in the ugly shot category. When I shoot it looks like a camels throwing up in the air. It's TURRIBLE.

That's why I quit playing ball,
laugh.gif

I always tried to model my game after Kobe. Who wouldn't want to try and be one of the best? But because I'm left handed and "Hispanic" Ihave always been labeled as Ginobili. Of course minus the flopping since I don't play defense anyway.
laugh.gif

Right now it's a combo of Tim Thomas and Antoine Walker. I've only played about ten times over the past two years so my skills are non-existent rightnow. I'm pretty competitive so if I try and suck (which I do now) I start taking the game way too seriously. The only way I can play casually is if I goout of my way to not try on D.

When I was jumping, Clyde Drexler (down to the pulling up of the knees when I took off)

As I got older JKidd ...........damn age and jumpers knee is a mutha
8343627.bin

JapanAir21:

laugh.gif

You know?
roll.gif

*after the game*
- "So I was thinking when we were playing, and have to tell you, bro... you play kind of like Kevin Garnett. Anyone ever told you that?"
- "Yeah, I get that a lot, actually. I get Kevin Garnett and Josh Smith all the time."
- "What about me? Who do I play like?"
- "I was thinking kind of like Jason Kidd... but you can actually shoot. Maybe... Baron Davis? Yeah, you play like Baron Davis."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Never happens.
NKEAIR:

What? So you don't play D, you jack up 3s, and you don't make them.

But you're guessing Jason Kapono, like dude isn't a three-point contest CHAMPION.

laugh.gif

There is no one in the NBA that plays no D, jacks up 3s, and bricks their 3s.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

JapanAir21:

laugh.gif
You know?
roll.gif

*after the game*
- "So I was thinking when we were playing, and have to tell you, bro... you play kind of like Kevin Garnett. Anyone ever told you that?"
- "Yeah, I get that a lot, actually. I get Kevin Garnett and Josh Smith all the time."
- "What about me? Who do I play like?"
- "I was thinking kind of like Jason Kidd... but you can actually shoot. Maybe... Baron Davis? Yeah, you play like Baron Davis."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Never happens.
NKEAIR:

What? So you don't play D, you jack up 3s, and you don't make them.

But you're guessing Jason Kapono, like dude isn't a three-point contest CHAMPION.

laugh.gif

There is no one in the NBA that plays no D, jacks up 3s, and bricks their 3s.

does brian cook ring a bell?

Back
Top Bottom