Who else is afraid to unDS their kicks

haven't worn any release from this year yet and i've copped 6 releases . I have enough of a rotation that i don't have to wear them unless i want too and i like to rock them once the newness of the release dies down. i rocked my cool grey 11's for the first time on the 4th . so many heads turned and i stood out because i didn't have the same j's every 3rd person was rocking.

my olympic 6's will be worn before summer is over though :smokin

It's easier for me to unds shoes that I didn't pay a considerable amount of money for (ex shoes i bought from the outlet) compared to a shoe that I worked hard to get and is a limited shoe

haven't worn any release from this year yet and i've copped 6 releases . I have enough of a rotation that i don't have to wear them unless i want too and i like to rock them once the newness of the release dies down. i rocked my cool grey 11's for the first time on the 4th . so many heads turned and i stood out because i didn't have the same j's every 3rd person was rocking.
my olympic 6's will be worn before summer is over though :smokin
hahahah true....i wore my true blue 3s that day while everyone had obsidians, playoffs and cement 4s. Everyone was just looking :lol:

I dont see why some of y'all taking to heart the fact that some people dont like to wear their shoes? I wouldnt give a damb if they burnt their shoes, if thats what they wanna do w em.

I will say a big part about enjoying a shoe is wearing it.

It's easier for me to unds shoes that I didn't pay a considerable amount of money for (ex shoes i bought from the outlet) compared to a shoe that I worked hard to get and is a limited shoe
Same. I have no problem rocking dunks, converses, creative recs, or vans.

But Dunk SB and Jordans it is much harder for me to do. Especially since those colors won't be back for another 5-12 years. I could go to the store and find any color of the previously mentioned shoe at any time cept the Dunks

*Raises hand*

The fear of gettin' a scuff on the sneaker or some mishap can happen. I have like 6-7 sneakers on ice right now. Won't rock em' till' I eventually double up.

Only on. A few pair never unDS but half ive worn. My DS air jordan 1 85s / DS jordan 1 94s red black samples ill never unDS . Same for the infared 6 package

*Raises hand*
The fear of gettin' a scuff on the sneaker or some mishap can happen.

THIS. I'm OCD about this type of stuff.

That is actually good advice 'cept VNDS tend to run over retail these days. Even 9/10 condition shoes are $20ish over retail on eBay at least

I'm mainly talking about older retros I missed out on & OGs. New releases I don't have a problem with paying retail for a DS pair.

Hey can u tell me.how i can create a post?? I wanna ask and.find out how much my authentic champion #45 jordan white home.jersey is worth its a size 46. Its not the screen print. It has a designer specificly for chicago bulls. U have any idea or can help me post and where i shouldgo?? Ill post the pics soon i had it dry cleabed took it out of framing. Thanks

Hey can u tell me.how i can create a post?? I wanna ask and.find out how much my authentic champion #45 jordan white home.jersey is worth its a size 46. Its not the screen print. It has a designer specificly for chicago bulls. U have any idea or can help me post and where i shouldgo?? Ill post the pics soon i had it dry cleabed took it out of framing. Thanks
the first step would be to identify the main idea of your post aka the reason why you are creating it. the second step would be to read so you can find out which forum it belongs in. the third step is to click on where it says start a new thread

I still have my Concords, Cool Greys, Dave White 1s, and Olympic VIs DS. I don't know I just have to find the right time to wear them. I bought worn tan Yeezys and 2000 Space Jams and wore them as soon as I got them. Sometimes I just think about selling all of them.

There are a few pairs I've had for 5-6 years and haven't wore them.. I usually wear most of mine though.

What's goin' on NT fam. First time posting on the boards and I'll admit: I almost fell into that trap. Then, I read this thread today. You mo fos convinced a sp**** to unDS a pair of Js I copped earlier this month.

Gonna rock when I head out tonight.

A new pair of shoes might take a year or two to make it in rotation... But they will be worn eventually

I wear them all too but some shoes I own have been ds for so long im afraid to wear them like the fire red 3s

I wear them all too but some shoes I own have been ds for so long im afraid to wear them like the fire red 3s

Those are the only true J's I'm afraid to wear. I wore mine once and then saw the horror stories online. Now I'm hesitant to wear them again.
-----------------------------------------------

I have many DS pairs of recently released kicks but these are the oldest. I don't resell or leave them DS for any reason, I just haven't found the right time to wear them. I wear a uniform (military) to work and don't go out much. Now I feel like crap because my V's are yellowing and I've never even wore them.

I wouldn't say that I am afraid the rock them, but interestingly enough most of my shoes remain deadstock for 10+ years. I usually try to double or triple up on the ones that I like, thinking that I would rock a pair. However, this strategy never fully worked because at some point my daily rotation grew so large that I never get a chance to wear the new additions.
To people who think it's dumb not to wear J's, here's a bit of perspective from a collector's point of view. As a child growing up who couldn't afford to spend $100+ on a pair of shoes, I always envied those who could. So when I became financially capable, I started collecting, as a way of capturing a missing piece of my childhood. I don't buy J's to rock the latest or the greatest, I buy them to, for a lack of better words, "look at". People collect a variety of stuff, from baseball cards to coins, from spoons to hubcaps, so why not shoes?
So, if you intend to on buying the latest J's to rock, great, but don't discount the collectors who appreciate these shoes for their design, history, and innovation through the years.
very well said.

respect.

Not afraid anymore.. Mainly because I found even a bigger fear.. I watched one of my DS pairs deteriorate due to being 10 years old.. Im still bitter since I never got to wear them...

Not afraid anymore.. Mainly because I found even a bigger fear.. I watched one of my DS pairs deteriorate due to being 10 years old.. Im still bitter since I never got to wear them...

I had something similar happen to me a few weeks back. Look what happened to my OG Taxi's.. 2nd time wearing them. Now I'm bitter, I didn't get a chance to wear them.

I know it's fixable, but still..

I usually wait till the hype dies down on a certain shoe that was released before I wore them. I will keep mine DS for about a year or so, I have so many shoes and not enough days to wear them I'm at 55 retro jays right now and only 10 have been worn so I still have 45 more to go plus all the upcoming releases. Just wear your shoes.. Did Michael Jordan just "look and collect" his signature shoes? NO HE MADE THEM FLY

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom