Who Here Has A "Good" Job With No College Degree VOL. 40K+

i started randomly reading from pg 26 to 28 about getting jobs without a degree and i see pics of a hot asian women. what the @#%# is going on here?
laugh.gif

so for these IT positions if i want to actually learn beforehand how to do the work for the job and to prove i know a thing or two about it during the interview, is it better to just study a book or take a class or get some certs? if certs which ones will teach me useful %!+% i can actually apply for the job? 

Originally Posted by DJ Rashy

so for these IT positions if i want to actually learn beforehand how to do the work for the job and to prove i know a thing or two about it during the interview, is it better to just study a book or take a class or get some certs? if certs which ones will teach me useful %!+% i can actually apply for the job? 
most IT jobs are simple task , like if someone cant connect to VPN or network printer, or find IP address , nothing complicated

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Originally Posted by Antidope

Also has Slade Wilson made a post that didn't have a smiley in it?
Not to my knowledge...and nothing that he has said is even remotely funny.  This thread was actually pretty helpful until he started posting. I'm not really sure why he's posting pictures of his lunch and a printout of DoubleJ's avatar either. 
Yea it was helpful til the bragging and schemes started, nothing wrong with a little hard honest work. 

Originally Posted by sladewilson

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

This thread took a turn for the worst. Talking about lying about professional experience, etc etc.

Blind leading the blind. Good luck to those going for this...

I'm not at the point in my career where I want to get paid to do nothing. Too much pride for that.

keep working at mcdonalds then
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This thread has taken a hilarious turn ...

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

Originally Posted by GatorBeltsNPattieMelts

my man... are those even pics of the SAME girl? Let alone "your" girl?
nerd.gif

I been around this board a long time---unless you got an airtight story, stop NOW. You gon' make somebody wanna dig up dirt and the aftermath will be catastrophic. Done seen happen many times before. CHILL.

this
laugh.gif

i seen some crazy *$$% go down on NT dawg
at this point I'm just waiting on the exposure thread... or when this thread reaches the point of no return

This is a really good thread props I read through like 10 pages before I realized I needed to go to work it was very interested

Just finished my second year of college.I became an intern at a marketing agency last summer, 3 months later they put me on part time $25/hr. 3 months after that they offer me a full time position with $42,000 start, it has been 4 months since then and I have gotten a raise to $49,000, plus a $5,000 bonus I got for a very satisfied client. Plus I got a $7,000 signing bonus.So in a year I made about $65,000, 20 years old, still finishing college, making the world my **[email protected] I started full time I've taken a break with school, only will be taking about 2 night classes a semester. Will probably finish my degree in like 4 years that way, but I am progressing in the career I want, WIN.

here's a PM i sent to a few fambs...
this might help some of yall out with wording on your resume..

aight fambilia... here's a cover letter to start...
To whom it may concern

I am interested in applying for a position within this organization.  I have several years of progressively responsible positions as a supervisor and manager.  I have attached a copy of my resume to you as an exploratory step for consideration with your company.

I am conscientious in my personal and professional life. I take pride in myself and my work, and derive considerable satisfaction from doing an assignment well. I cope well with high-stress situations and can manage a variety of projects simultaneously. My specific proficiencies include excellent ability to communicate with team members, dedication, and a drive that cannot be easily rivaled. I am seeking a responsible position that offers challenge and opportunity.

I believe my background provides the skills you require for this position. I would welcome the opportunity for a personal interview to further discuss my qualifications.

Thank you again for your time.

Sincerely,

here's the resume in bits and piesces

all this is fancy pants talk for signing kids up for little league and helping new employees.

QUALIFICATION PROFILE
  • Dynamic leadership abilities concerning teams, employee training, and event planning
  • Orientate employees with experience in management, business development, public relations, business administration, and customer relationship management
  • Background in diverse aspects of marketing and advertising initiatives with local organizations
  • Proven success interacting with clients, increasing retention levels, and managing inventory

as you can see, i did a lot of nice rewording...

if you've ever worked in a shoe store, or known anyone that does, we basically get shoes, offer membership cards, and sell add ons..

those membership cards are marketing strategies... so what's wrong w/ saying that you did marketing strategies in a company. that's where i say "generated significant response thru a coupon program" and the other stuff.

the job descriptions are just super fancy for running the register, ordering supplies for the store like toilet paper and sale tags, and helping people.

PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND

• Managed many aspects of marketing within a corporation.
  • Developed marketing campaigns that increased visibility within the community.
  • Generated significant response through a self promoted coupon program
  • Spearheaded business development initiatives, which significantly expanded customer base
  • helped an upstart clothing company into region based stores in Houston, TX through careful marketing tactics

Hibbett Sports, Marshall, TX2011 to present
1st Assistant Manager / Market Team Leader
  • maintained store operations
  • monitored and modified store inventories
  • created and executed marketing strategies with local athletic leagues
  • trained new employees

Footlocker, Corpus Christi, TX2009 to 2011
Sales Associate / Assistant Manager
  • maintained store operations along side head manager
  • processed sales transactions, returns, and ensured that all related documentation was accurate and complete
  • dealt directly with customers on a personal level everyday

Footaction, Waco, TX2007 to 2009
Sales Associate
  • processed sales transactions, returns, and ensured that all related documentation is accurate and complete

here's some extra stuff... i even put some certs from sladewilson's advice...

COMPUTER SKILLS

High competency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint, as well as extensive knowledge around all Windows operating systems from 98 to Windows 7.

AFFILIATIONS

American Marketers' Association
American Medical Students' Association

• MCSE
  • CCNA
  • CompTIA A+ and Network+

Los ANGELES PEOPLE
get hired this week

TigerLead Solutions

Benefits
We're offering a competitive starting salary with opportunity for growth, medical benefits, paid holidays and personal days, paid monthly parking, an informal and pet-friendly work environment, a well-stocked kitchen with both healthy and not-so-healthy food and beverages, dual monitors and a high-end workstation, no dress code, the opportunity to be mentored by a talented team of developers and engineers, and an extremely nice group of folks as your co-workers.

How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume including your salary history and requirements to [email protected]. No need to send attachments, instead simply paste your resume into the body of the email with your cover letter and don't worry about losing the formatting. It's also OK to send a link to your LinkedIn profile in lieu of your resume if you prefer. Thank you for your interest; we look forward to hearing from you!

Tiger Lead Solutions
1554 S. Sepulveda Blvd., Ste. 102
Los Angeles, CA 90025

I just got accepted for a paid internship with a security company. Its a 5-week training course , 2  in the classroom and 3 in the field. Once you get certified they ship you off to do interviews with companies they network with and they told me that they have a 95% placement rate! You can start off as typical security guard working at designated posts and doing vehicle/bike patrol or you can choose to be a loss prevention agent at retail stores and work as an undercover store detective. Great way to get your foot into the door if you're pursuing a law enforcement career or you if you like to stay in the private sector you can become a private investigator and deal with more serious crimes like insurance fraud, credit cards, etc. 

Originally Posted by famenycity1

Just finished my second year of college.I became an intern at a marketing agency last summer, 3 months later they put me on part time $25/hr. 3 months after that they offer me a full time position with $42,000 start, it has been 4 months since then and I have gotten a raise to $49,000, plus a $5,000 bonus I got for a very satisfied client. Plus I got a $7,000 signing bonus.So in a year I made about $65,000, 20 years old, still finishing college, making the world my **[email protected] I started full time I've taken a break with school, only will be taking about 2 night classes a semester. Will probably finish my degree in like 4 years that way, but I am progressing in the career I want, WIN.

jeez im doing it all wrong..ALL wrong :/

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

*plans to look at internships tomorrow*

Originally Posted by ricky409

here's a PM i sent to a few fambs...
this might help some of yall out with wording on your resume..

aight fambilia... here's a cover letter to start...
To whom it may concern

I am interested in applying for a position within this organization.  I have several years of progressively responsible positions as a supervisor and manager.  I have attached a copy of my resume to you as an exploratory step for consideration with your company.

I am conscientious in my personal and professional life. I take pride in myself and my work, and derive considerable satisfaction from doing an assignment well. I cope well with high-stress situations and can manage a variety of projects simultaneously. My specific proficiencies include excellent ability to communicate with team members, dedication, and a drive that cannot be easily rivaled. I am seeking a responsible position that offers challenge and opportunity.

I believe my background provides the skills you require for this position. I would welcome the opportunity for a personal interview to further discuss my qualifications.

Thank you again for your time.

Sincerely,

as you can see, i did a lot of nice rewording...

if you've ever worked in a shoe store, or known anyone that does, we basically get shoes, offer membership cards, and sell add ons..

those membership cards are marketing strategies... so what's wrong w/ saying that you did marketing strategies in a company. that's where i say "generated significant response thru a coupon program" and the other stuff.

the job descriptions are just super fancy for running the register, ordering supplies for the store like toilet paper and sale tags, and helping people.

PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND

• Managed many aspects of marketing within a corporation.
  • Developed marketing campaigns that increased visibility within the community.
  • Generated significant response through a self promoted coupon program
  • Spearheaded business development initiatives, which significantly expanded customer base
  • helped an upstart clothing company into region based stores in Houston, TX through careful marketing tactics

Hibbett Sports, Marshall, TX2011 to present
1st Assistant Manager / Market Team Leader
  • maintained store operations
  • monitored and modified store inventories
  • created and executed marketing strategies with local athletic leagues
  • trained new employees

Footlocker, Corpus Christi, TX2009 to 2011
Sales Associate / Assistant Manager
  • maintained store operations along side head manager
  • processed sales transactions, returns, and ensured that all related documentation was accurate and complete

Footaction, Waco, TX2007 to 2009
Sales Associate
  • processed sales transactions, returns, and ensured that all related documentation is accurate and complete

here's some extra stuff... i even put some certs from sladewilson's advice...

COMPUTER SKILLS

High competency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint, as well as extensive knowledge around all Windows operating systems from 98 to Windows 7.

AFFILIATIONS

American Marketers' Association
American Medical Students' Association

• MCSE
  • CCNA
  • CompTIA A+ and Network+

I say this out of kindness, but if this is your resume, it definitely needs some work. However, hope you get the job though ...

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Originally Posted by ricky409

I say this out of kindness, but if this is your resume, it definitely needs some work. However, hope you get the job though ...
no worries famb... my mom works in houman resources and helped me out tremendously.
this is not my entire resume. i took out bits and pieces of what i seen could be applied to anyone.

since we tweaked it, i've gotten inteviews with 4 companies in the past 3 weeks...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

this is what i should have been doing all along while i was in college.  What do you do at the agency?

slade...say I were to apply to an Ediscovery position that's asking for

* Previous experience of working in a litigation based function, whether Litigation Support, document review, paralegal etc
* eDiscovery technologies, preferably Clearwell.
* Graduate degree, and/or legal qualification.
* Financial services experience

what would qualify as eDiscovery technologies?

my lil' sis did the same thing---honestly if you want to get into any type of business related field you should be interning after freshmen year.  She graduating and already got a job lined up, but she been on her internship grind since DAY.ONE. That's the only way to eat/survive. If you looking after junior year you dang near already too late.
Hustle harder, not smarter

Originally Posted by d5

slade...say I were to apply to an Ediscovery position that's asking for

* Previous experience of working in a litigation based function, whether Litigation Support, document review, paralegal etc
* eDiscovery technologies, preferably Clearwell.
* Graduate degree, and/or legal qualification.
* Financial services experience

what would qualify as eDiscovery technologies?

Clearwell is easy to learn on youtube you can learn it in 20 minutes
pimp.gif
i have a eDiscovery position with no experience
pimp.gif

most of the stuff i do now i learned in 1 week
the other guy was supposed to stay 2  months to train me, but he just took off cause him an the boss havnt talked for 1 year
indifferent.gif

its mostly the same teqniches over an over simple task boring too   

Fam you really have those certs (MCSE, CCNA, Comptia) or you just stuffed that in your resume? I'm lost

Back
Top Bottom