pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
QFT on both statements...

as for jay jones... this mans collection is
eek.gif

just his recent IX collection post gets my blood flowing
http://niketalk.yuku.com/...Collection-82-photos.html

There is so much out there that goes un-posted, for a lot of reasons, most don't know the extent of anyones collections really........so it's allspeculative. Some samples, certain PE's, and 1 of 1's you will never see because people can't post them; these are the rediculiously rare shoes, ifthat's your criteria for "Best."

I'd much rather buy what I love, what I grew up with, and what really speaks to me, rather than this week's WTD..... just because nobody else has them.Rarity, exclusivity, and "hard to come by" don't make a shoe anymore valuable to me personally.

Everyone collects for their own reasons I suppose, but I prefer to buy the shoes I love......not the shoes "nobody else has".......Not to say thoseshoes aren't the same sometimes......just get em for the right reason.

Originally Posted by Cleveland222

There is so much out there that goes un-posted, for a lot of reasons, most don't know the extent of anyones collections really........so it's all speculative. Some samples, certain PE's, and 1 of 1's you will never see because people can't post them; these are the rediculiously rare shoes, if that's your criteria for "Best."

I'd much rather buy what I love, what I grew up with, and what really speaks to me, rather than this week's WTD..... just because nobody else has them. Rarity, exclusivity, and "hard to come by" don't make a shoe anymore valuable to me personally.

Everyone collects for their own reasons I suppose, but I prefer to buy the shoes I love......not the shoes "nobody else has".......Not to say those shoes aren't the same sometimes......just get em for the right reason.
agree with you 100%.
To me PEs dont even count as shoes. Its like buying sports cards and autographed memorabilia. So sure PEs are nice and good to see but its just like having anupper deck autograph or something like that.
S DUBL---For most of the responses the title should be changed to "Who Has The Best Jordan Collection?" ,,,,, very true. Jordan will always be themain criteria. The most hyped of them all.

Originally Posted by BubbaEla1

Originally Posted by thegame2006

solesupreme

is sole supreme Steve from ISS/Sole Collector?

No. Two different people. I'm just gonna say there are lots of folks who aren't on Niketalk that I know with some of the most ridiculous collections.But to the aforementioned Puneet, Fred, Aaron, Jay, Joe.....their collections are truly admirable.

Originally Posted by s dubl

For most of the responses the title should be changed to "Who Has The Best Jordan Collection?"
Evertone here is just saying Jordan collections. We forget about other vintage nikes and OTHER BRANDS. I can't believe some people don'teven give:

AirRev by far had the best vintage collection of adidas, puma, everything.
BenBaller had 6 pairs of supremes before they dropped. And he lived in Cali if I'm not mistaken.
DJAM his dunk wall is sick. Dude literally has every pair of SBs and two tone dunks.
In fact the entire Air Mack Crew as they called themselves.
Ornidahoops had some pretty nasty stuff.
I could go on and on of people who have the most amazing vintage collections, but it seems as if all we care about is PEs and Jordans. Don't get me wrong,having those gives you an amazing collection, but it is not the best well rounded collection.

Don't forget about Firepower and Never Wear Them. I always see then with heat in the WDYWT thread.

I'd much rather buy what I love, what I grew up with, and what really speaks to me, rather than this week's WTD..... just because nobody else has them. Rarity, exclusivity, and "hard to come by" don't make a shoe anymore valuable to me personally.

Everyone collects for their own reasons I suppose, but I prefer to buy the shoes I love......not the shoes "nobody else has".......Not to say those shoes aren't the same sometimes......just get em for the right reason
I would kindly disagree with this reasoning. The reason people love PE's so much is what makes the world go around, Supply and Demand! Takefor instance Gold, why is it so valuable?? Because of it's rarity and it cannot be found while taking a walk around the track at your local park.

Take a 2009 base model Ford Mustang, it's a nice car but wouldnt you rather have the 2009 Mustand Cobra? Of course you would, thats just human nature.Would you want to live in a 50,000 Sqft compound with a 4 car garage, an indoor basketball court, an olympic size swimming pool and an array of exotic cars, orwould you rather live in a 1,500 sqft dweling with a 1 car garage, no pool, a mobile basketball hoop in the driveway and a 2002 Honda Civic? They both performthe same function which is provide shelter, but one of them is absolutely in a class of it's own, not saying that you shouldnt be GRATEFUL for what youhave, but one is clearly better than the other.

I think it is a major cop out for people who arent "willing" to spend the money for PE's to constantly say that PE's are not all of that, ofcourse they are, otherwise they wouldnt make shoes in exclusive colorways for superstar athletes. I totally agree, that you should buy what you like, that iswhy some of us buy shoes with crazy color combinations and personalized messages on our shoes lol.

On an Air Jordan level:

Player PE's: probably Jay/Spurs

Originals: probably Solesupreme

MJ PE's: probably Me

On an "OVERALL" collection there are too many factors... we talkin mix of AF1? Dunk? AM? AJ? Lebron? More? I'm sure there are people out therewith thousands of shoes but thats doesn't make it the best, just makes it the most.

On an Air Jordan level:

Player PE's: probably Jay/Spurs

Originals: probably Solesupreme

MJ PE's: probably Me

On an "OVERALL" collection there are too many factors... we talkin mix of AF1? Dunk? AM? AJ? More? I'm sure there are people out there with thousands of shoes but thats doesn't make it the best, just makes it the most.
Classic CGJ!

But he's absolutely right.

Subjective topic...but when I read the title...jordan collection has to go to jay jones...he has EVERYTHING..... its ridiculous....
tired.gif

Originally Posted by cnoriega

Everyone collects for their own reasons I suppose, but I prefer to buy the shoes I love......not the shoes "nobody else has".......Not to say those shoes aren't the same sometimes......just get em for the right reason
I would kindly disagree with this reasoning. The reason people love PE's so much is what makes the world go around, Supply and Demand! Take for instance Gold, why is it so valuable?? Because of it's rarity and it cannot be found while taking a walk around the track at your local park.

Take a 2009 base model Ford Mustang, it's a nice car but wouldnt you rather have the 2009 Mustand Cobra? Of course you would, thats just human nature. Would you want to live in a 50,000 Sqft compound with a 4 car garage, an indoor basketball court, an olympic size swimming pool and an array of exotic cars, or would you rather live in a 1,500 sqft dweling with a 1 car garage, no pool, a mobile basketball hoop in the driveway and a 2002 Honda Civic? They both perform the same function which is provide shelter, but one of them is absolutely in a class of it's own, not saying that you shouldnt be GRATEFUL for what you have, but one is clearly better than the other.

I think it is a major cop out for people who arent "willing" to spend the money for PE's to constantly say that PE's are not all of that, of course they are, otherwise they wouldnt make shoes in exclusive colorways for superstar athletes. I totally agree, that you should buy what you like, that is why some of us buy shoes with crazy color combinations and personalized messages on our shoes lol.
I see your point, but I'll have to kindly disagree as well. My statement wasn't specifically directed at PE's, while it does apply tosome of them. I'm sorry, but UGLY IS UGLY. There are plenty of hyped shoes, including some PE's, that simply are not good looking shoes IMO. I'msaying that,
so many "next to impossible to obtain," or crazy expensive shoes (some PE's included) hold value simply based on your supply anddemand point. That in itself is the whole problem.

Simply because there is less of something produced does not, in any way, make it better.
I'd buy a Cobra over a Mustang because it has more power, and better looks, not because there are fewer.

It simply makes no sense to me to want something just because nobody else has it. I don't buy shoes to have something you don't have. I buy thembecause I like them. I have some PE's, ones that appeal to me, of players I respect, not because they are the holy unabtainable grail of all PE's. Buy what you like, and what makes you happy, but if the only enjoyment you get out of a shoe is the fact that you're the only one with it................there is something wrong.

Simply because there is less of something produced does not, in any way, make it better.
I'd buy a Cobra over a Mustang because it has more power, and better looks, not because there are fewer.

It simply makes no sense to me to want something just because nobody else has it. I don't buy shoes to have something you don't have. I buy them because I like them. I have some PE's, ones that appeal to me, of players I respect, not because they are the holy unabtainable grail of all PE's. Buy what you like, and what makes you happy, but if the only enjoyment you get out of a shoe is the fact that you're the only one with it................ there is something wrong
Well you just said it yourself, that you would take a Cobra over a Mustang because it has more power and better looks, but isnt that what some ofthese shoes have? They have a special color makeup, which in most cases equal better looks than the general release. They arent the base model or else why notjust go out and buy the base model. If something is a limited production, i'd probably argue to say that it is a better product than the general productreleased to the masses. Wether it be, monitors in all the head rests, leather interior, special colorway etc.

Take for instance the i-Phone, why did people flip out over it, it was just a phone afterall, it did the same thing that other phones did, which is connect oneperson telephonically to another, but the "SPECIAL" features of the phone which definately included "LOOKS" made it ABSOLUTELY better thana Motorola Razr, wouldnt you agree?

I think the fact is, that PE collectors do buy what they like, they like to have shoes in different colors, that look different than the Blk/Wht/Red generalrelease colorway that is still on the shelf at footlocker and will be at an outlet in the next month or two. In fact, they probably have MULTIPLES of those aswell. They have unique taste. It's not that the only enjoyment they get is that theyre the only ones with it, it's the fact that it's a"special" shoe and they LIKE shoes with a uniqueness, thats about the best way I can describe it, UNIQUE.

You also say you have some PE's which appeal to you, of players you respect, but what have they done for you or shown you in your life that makes themrespectable? Michael Jordan cheated on his wife more times than you can count, he had a gambling addiction, he had children working in factories making shoes,what I ask makes you have such great "respect" for these people.

I thank you for getting into a civilized discussion with me
smile.gif

cnoriega wrote:

It simply makes no sense to me to want something just because nobody else has it. I don't buy shoes to have something you don't have. I buy them because I like them. I have some PE's, ones that appeal to me, of players I respect, not because they are the holy unabtainable grail of all PE's. Buy what you like, and what makes you happy, but if the only enjoyment you get out of a shoe is the fact that you're the only one with it................ there is something wrong
Well you just said it yourself, that you would take a Cobra over a Mustang because it has more power and better looks, but isnt that what some of these shoes have? They have a special color makeup, which in most cases equal better looks than the general release. They arent the base model or else why not just go out and buy the base model. If something is a limited production, i'd probably argue to say that it is a better product than the general product released to the masses. Wether it be, monitors in all the head rests, leather interior, special colorway etc.

Take for instance the i-Phone, why did people flip out over it, it was just a phone afterall, it did the same thing that other phones did, which is connect one person telephonically to another, but the "SPECIAL" features of the phone which definately included "LOOKS" made it ABSOLUTELY better than a Motorola Razr, wouldnt you agree?

I think the fact is, that PE collectors do buy what they like, they like to have shoes in different colors, that look different than the Blk/Wht/Red general release colorway that is still on the shelf at footlocker and will be at an outlet in the next month or two. In fact, they probably have MULTIPLES of those as well. They have unique taste. It's not that the only enjoyment they get is that theyre the only ones with it, it's the fact that it's a "special" shoe and they LIKE shoes with a uniqueness, thats about the best way I can describe it, UNIQUE.

You also say you have some PE's which appeal to you, of players you respect, but what have they done for you or shown you in your life that makes them respectable? Michael Jordan cheated on his wife more times than you can count, he had a gambling addiction, he had children working in factories making shoes, what I ask makes you have such great "respect" for these people.

I thank you for getting into a civilized discussion with me
smile.gif

My pleasure.

I absolutely agree that some PE's are nicer than some GR's. (CP's and Ray's 5's are at the first thatcome to mind) And, these I would love to have, but a lot of shoes just seem so hyped and talked about..... simply for their limited nature. You have to agreethat some PE's are downright ugly, no? . . . . . yet they still sell for stupid money. In a nutshell that's my whole point. I have no problem payingcrazy money for a stunning shoe, but only because it's simply a pleasure to look at, not for e-fame or just so I can say I have somethingnobody else has.

A PE that simply has a number stitched on the side doesn't do much for me. If it's a sick colorway, or was made for an All-Star game, or someonedropped 50 in it then it's a different story. Everyone's definition of "special" is different, and to each their own, but"exclusivity" carries zero weight with me.

As far as RESPECT goes I respect a player's game.....that's it. I have a pair of Paul Pierce PE's because I love watching himplay, even though he snubbed me when I met him. People are people, and everyone has flaws, a bad-moment, and everyone makes mistakes. Character flaws and arrogance are just naturally more likely in the super-athletes that have their ### kissed since birth and make way too muchmoney.........more so, anyway, than regular people. IMO.

Athlete's are here to entertain us, and I have great respect for "THE GAME" of certain players, which I love to watch. This is regardless ofwhat they do in their lives, out of my sight. As long as you're not killing dogs, people or anything too too terrible I'm not bothered. I have noright to judge another person I don't know personally. So, to answer your question, it's their game I respect, not them as a person.

kinda hard to say because everyone has different taste. i do know there's a lot of guys on nt who deserve mad props.

I absolutely agree that some PE's are nicer than some GR's. (CP's and Ray's 5's are at the first that come to mind) And, these I would love to have, but a lot of shoes just seem so hyped and talked about..... simply for their limited nature. You have to agree that some PE's are downright ugly, no? . . . . . yet they still sell for stupid money. In a nutshell that's my whole point. I have no problem paying crazy money for a stunning shoe, but only because it's simply a pleasure to look at, not for e-fame or just so I can say I have something nobody else has.
I do agree with you, that a LOT of PE's are ugly or hyped, and not breath taking, for instance the Ray Allen opening night XI! That shoe isabsolutely UGLY but that shoe because of the story behind it is INSANE and I would love to own that pair!

I guess we both have a pretty good understanding of eachothers views based on our arguments, but like I said, thank you for a gentlemens argument
smile.gif

Having the best shoe collection is like having the best Pez collection. Its not something you want to put out there, proclaim, or brag about and at the end of the day its a very strange thing to do.

Respectfully, I'm curious how you arrived at this conclusion, and am wondering if that was your frame of mind when you set out amassing your collection of2000+ that eventually became pretty notorious. That collection got a pretty fair amount of coverage on the web to gain that type of notoriety, so at somepoints along the way you must have left it open to being "shown off" in a way. I'm guessing you weren't looking at it the same way then asyou do now, but that's just a guess. What realization did you find along the way to go from putting together a collection of thousands to what seems like adisdain for it and end up selling it all. Your case is intriguing to me because although I arrived at the same conclusion myself, just in a different manner,it led to the eventual (partial) liquidation of it.

Secondly, I always wondered why you bought all types of nikes in all types of sizes, was there a method to the madness?

This subject is very hard to define, no one should have the exact same type of collection (im sure some do lol!), so if you put DJ AM/Jay Jones/Corgi/AirRevscollection down and spread it out on the floor and asked me to take what I wanted to add to my collection, I would def not grab everything, but very specificpieces here and there that would end up being much different than what the next man picks, and so on and so on.

Originally Posted by pd uno

Having the best shoe collection is like having the best Pez collection. Its not something you want to put out there, proclaim, or brag about and at the end of the day its a very strange thing to do.

Respectfully, I'm curious how you arrived at this conclusion, and am wondering if that was your frame of mind when you set out amassing your collection of 2000+ that eventually became pretty notorious. That collection got a pretty fair amount of coverage on the web to gain that type of notoriety, so at some points along the way you must have left it open to being "shown off" in a way. I'm guessing you weren't looking at it the same way then as you do now, but that's just a guess. What realization did you find along the way to go from putting together a collection of thousands to what seems like a disdain for it and end up selling it all. Your case is intriguing to me because although I arrived at the same conclusion myself, just in a different manner, it led to the eventual (partial) liquidation of it.

Secondly, I always wondered why you bought all types of nikes in all types of sizes, was there a method to the madness?

This subject is very hard to define, no one should have the exact same type of collection (im sure some do lol!), so if you put DJ AM/Jay Jones/Corgi/AirRevs collection down and spread it out on the floor and asked me to take what I wanted to add to my collection, I would def not grab everything, but very specific pieces here and there that would end up being much different than what the next man picks, and so on and so on.

pd uno, i arrived at that conclusion simply because i have always felt that way. Its very weird to collect shoes. It may not be to the people onNT but to the rest of society its plain odd. Just like comics, beanie babies, toys or whatever else people collect. That was always my frame of mind. It didntstop me from buying shoes or loving shoes but i never felt any need to do collection posts or "latest pick up posts" or share what i have and soforth. I have never posted a collection post. I see no need to do it. That being said back in 2004 my friends at The Hundreds asked me if they could take somephotos of my shoes for their website since no one had ever heard of me or seen the shoes. So I arranged for them to go to where the shoes were stored backthen, take a few group shots, take a few random shoe shots, and get the hell out. I would have never alllowed it if (1) it wasnt for my friends ben andbobby's website and (2) if it was detailed, laid out, showed more than a small bit of my shoes, and professional. So yes it did get some notoriety but iwasnt around then,,did no follow up and didnt care to. And no one cared anyways. And no one knew who i was or that i had shoes or that i was"corgishoe" (everyone needs a stupid shoe name...i love corgis and shoes so it worked for me) So to answer your question, yes it did get "shownoff". But moreso just showed a very slight glimpse of what shoes i had and people could believe it or not. Almost like this may or may not be real. And itwasnt my intention for it to be in any spotlight or else i would have had the Hundreds really show what shoes i had and just how absurd it is. I have nodisdain for people buying/collecting shoes. I love that others share similar interests. My disdain is people posing with their shoes, making youtube videos,proclaiming themselves the best collector, shoe contests, etc etc. I think it takes away the spirit, purity and passion and turns it into who has the mostconnections and most $$$ because thats all it comes down to. If you have connections and money you can be the best jordan collector, the best PE collector, thebest air force collector, etc etc. So really its no big deal at all. I bought all types of Nikes, New Balances, Reeboks, Asics, Adidas, because i love shoesand if i wanted a shoe and couldnt get my size or already had my size but wanted another then i bought it. I just liked looking at them, by myself, for myself.I wear the most beat up new balances and have done that for years. I bought what i liked and that consisted of many styles of shoes. I didnt specialize in onestyle or another so i have a real random collection of many styles, colors, sizes, and years. I should never be named as having a great collection because itsnever been shown. And that is more than fine with me. Hopefully that helps.
And on a side note Jay if you are reading this thanks for your support throughout the years, especially through my numerous troubles, and for being a friend

Back
Top Bottom