Who still wears Lacoste?

I have a bunch of lacoste polo's I still wear them.. I have Polo polo's too heh just depends on which color I want to wear that day i guess.

I still wear mine and it has been holding up nicely.

I think Lacoste is a timeless classic like RL Polos

31b35c8b4971cd66697274f56d4e0d1632f9d46.jpg
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by AJChick23

Both ..I never understood why it has to be one or the other? Both are great quality.
I agree but sadly I have no RL.... maybe next year...

- I have a W.I.C. full of Polo and all the solid color Lacoste. I love both.

- The hype/trend crap always seems to revert back to price. Let's be clear here, solid color R.L. polos retail for $75. Lacoste polos retail for $78-$79. Sure, you can catch a sale at department stores or discount chains, but the MSRP is as stated.

- The specialty designs, which are the reason I still purchase polo style shirts, RL polo only; their specialty designs (Black watch, Sun-wash, etc) retailfor $125. I still haven't seen Black Watch polos on sale (3 years).

They've differentiated themselves quite a bit. If you compare their respective stores, you can see it. RL goes for a more refined look (the RL stores, notTJ Maxx), and Lacoste is a lot more modern/contemporary. Lacoste's polos have a better design and color combination than RL's. RL's striped polosalmost always (a few from many years ago were unique) look really basic.

However, Lacoste's outerwear/sweater collection is virtually nonexistent, and what is there is lackluster. RL has some absolutely incredible sweaters andjackets. RL also makes a LOT more stuff than Lacoste--suits, nice shoes, etc. RL also has many different grades. You could say that Black and Purple Label aregenuinely "better" than Lacoste, but they cost much more. The comparable label is Blue, and that's where the polo V.outerwear/other products differentiation comes in.

NT is peculiar and gets giddy over the most basic stuff that's RL (probably because of Young Dro). There's 100s of pages in that post of people postingreally basic looking stuff. Lacoste makes much more appealing polos, IMO.

I haven't owned any Lacoste shirts in a few years- I had a solid red short sleeve that faded quite a bit and developed a small hole in it, so I'm a bitleery about the quality now. I actually do like the way the green croc logo with the white outline stands out more than the Polo horse on shirts though. As forfit, the last couple of Lacostes I owned were during my oversized clothing days, so I dunno if they will fit me as well as Polo in my correct size. As forprice, Polo always wins- I've never had to pay retail. You can always find Polo on sale for cheap, I've yet to see Lacoste polos for less than $70.

haven't bought any in a while. i only have like two though. I would like more Lacoste and more brooks brothers polos

Originally Posted by ridikuloz

eh... material isn't worth the extra $40.
this is the only reasonable anti-Lacoste argument here, everything else is ******ed.
yeah, the shoes are wack... don't buy them

I wear both but Lacoste lasts longer than Ralph Lauren...I get my Lacoste polos from outlets for about $55

i have a few that i wear to the office and the golf course. i like RL better.
but i wouldn't buy one now.

I wear both. Lacoste quality is definitely better than RL. The fit of the clothes is nicer too.

But Lacoste rarely has big sales, so I'll take my $25 RL sport shirts over a $60-$70 Lacoste one.

Back
Top Bottom