Who's fault is it?

I've been a fan of real Jordans(1-23) since i was young to the present tense. But it makes me mad when a hot release comes out like this pass weekend'sand the quanity is low. That's when my real problem start is when people in the lines start getting violent, and especially the chao's that breaks outwhen they say we are all sold out. I seen people get beat down and some even pay $300.00 plus just to get jacked out side the mall. So who's reponsible forthe violence? Jb for making a hot release limited? Or us for supporting a brand that don't seems to care that much about what we gotta say?

Originally Posted by 1OAKLAND ZUU

I've been a fan of real Jordans(1-23) since i was young to the present tense. But it makes me mad when a hot release comes out like this pass weekend's and the quanity is low. That's when my real problem start is when people in the lines start getting violent, and especially the chao's that breaks out when they say we are all sold out. I seen people get beat down and some even pay $300.00 plus just to get jacked out side the mall. So who's reponsible for the violence? Jb for making a hot release limited? Or us for supporting a brand that don't seems to care that much about what we gotta say?
jb lives off hype but...
it is up to the individual to control their own actions

The people who have their priorities out of whack and deem it necessary to risk jail time over something so meaningless as a pair of shoes...

kids these days
smh.gif

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

The people who have their priorities out of whack and deem it necessary to risk jail time over something so meaningless as a pair of shoes...

it says alot about society

Originally Posted by SneakerAFI

Don't go to the Foot Locker in the hood!
laugh.gif
But if you do go carry a knife or be able to run fast

I've personally never had a problem with anyone in lines

Im pretty sure they make them somewhat limited so they make a profit. If there was plenty to go around and then some, chances are they would set on shelves andcollect dust.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Im pretty sure they make them somewhat limited so they make a profit. If there was plenty to go around and then some, chances are they would set on shelves and collect dust.
exactly, just enough.
but not enough to saturate.

Im pretty sure they make them somewhat limited so they make a profit. If there was plenty to go around and then some, chances are they would set on shelves and collect dust.

I agree, but not to the fullest because a pack like the 11/12 would never sit on the shelve's.

I agree, but not to the fullest because a pack like the 11/12 would never sit on the shelve's.

There's plenty of blame to go around. JB doesn't need to make every release limited which is what apparently they seem to be doing especially for arelease that was talked about and hyped up as much as the XI/XII CDP. This is NOT 1994 or 1995 anymore where the retro 3's sat on shelves and the 11'sin some areas were widely available after release date.

They would definitely see more $$ if they released more because the resellers make out the most....not the diehard JB fan, and that goes for pretty much anyrelease.

Also some of that blame does need to be directed at the consumers. We tolerate this brand because of the shoes we loved in our younger years. But the marketingstrategy in the 80's and 90's was totally different than it is now. There was plenty for everyone in those days and seeing a mark-up in price was VERYrare to see.

JB has taken advantage of the loyalty we have shown them the last 23 years. If not why are so many shoes so limited?

the way these releases are going to be conducted will change pretty soon. And if anyone on here has fell victim to any of this foolishness, I feel for you

Blame our country and the importance we place on material possessions. When I was growing up, Jordans had always been the staple of athletic gear status in thehood, and this has been passed down to other generations. So now there are more people than shoes that want the most desired models.

i honestly think abotu this all the time, i see kids walking out with like 6 boxes of cdps, they can easily get jumped. but it hasnt happened yet here

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

There's plenty of blame to go around. JB doesn't need to make every release limited which is what apparently they seem to be doing especially for a release that was talked about and hyped up as much as the XI/XII CDP. This is NOT 1994 or 1995 anymore where the retro 3's sat on shelves and the 11's in some areas were widely available after release date.

They would definitely see more $$ if they released more because the resellers make out the most....not the diehard JB fan, and that goes for pretty much any release.

Also some of that blame does need to be directed at the consumers. We tolerate this brand because of the shoes we loved in our younger years. But the marketing strategy in the 80's and 90's was totally different than it is now. There was plenty for everyone in those days and seeing a mark-up in price was VERY rare to see.

JB has taken advantage of the loyalty we have shown them the last 23 years. If not why are so many shoes so limited?

im my area jordans sold out just as fast in the 90s.

a lot of people thought that about other pack as well...6/17, 4/19, 3/20

plus it's Christmans season and some people dont have $$ to spend 300+ on shoes when they have family that they have to buy gifts for.

Originally Posted by therealjondoe

There's plenty of blame to go around. JB doesn't need to make every release limited which is what apparently they seem to be doing especially for a release that was talked about and hyped up as much as the XI/XII CDP. This is NOT 1994 or 1995 anymore where the retro 3's sat on shelves and the 11's in some areas were widely available after release date.

They would definitely see more $$ if they released more because the resellers make out the most....not the diehard JB fan, and that goes for pretty much any release.

Also some of that blame does need to be directed at the consumers. We tolerate this brand because of the shoes we loved in our younger years. But the marketing strategy in the 80's and 90's was totally different than it is now. There was plenty for everyone in those days and seeing a mark-up in price was VERY rare to see.

im my area jordans sold out just as fast in the 90s.

Not in many areas around my way. But still...........they weren't on a limited basis like they are now. XX3's are this years flagship model and theylimit them.
smh.gif

You wouldn't see this back in say 1992 when the VII's first released. There were always plenty around and if not they'd be restocked within a weekor so. Like I said the marketing strategy has changed dramatically.

I agree with you. In my heart i feel Jordan be kicking back getting a thrill out of all the madness that take place over a hot release.

plus it's Christmans season and some people dont have $$ to spend 300+ on shoes when they have family that they have to buy gifts for.

It's a difference from thinking it's go sell out and knowing it's gonna sell out. I'm not trying to be a smart @%@ towards you S-Dub but i wokeup at 4:00am to go get these because i knew if i went to the mall any later they would be sold out. I knew those other packs were not go sell out that fastbecause one of the other shoe was alway's questionable.

It's a difference from thinking it's go sell out and knowing it's gonna sell out. I'm not trying to be a smart @%@ towards you S-Dub but i woke up at 4:00am to go get these because i knew if i went to the mall any later they would be sold out. I knew those other packs were not go sell out that fast because one of the other shoe was alway's questionable.
laugh.gif
no prob bro....

I've been in similar situations. I feel you, you're mad because you didnt get your pack. Some might
laugh.gif
at my last comment, but most of us have beenthere, and will be there again....

i think its the retailers.If they had a good plan on releasing these, i think everybody would be alright. Its when u go to the hood and show of your kicks,dont be doing that if it aint your hood. im from the hood and if i didnt know u it was on. its common sense. what u guys think your tough? u might but its adifferent story on my court. Im a different man with a wife and son, but thats how it was. So its the people who showed up out of nowhere asking for something

It's a difference from thinking it's go sell out and knowing it's gonna sell out. I'm not trying to be a smart @%@ towards you S-Dub but i woke up at 4:00am to go get these because i knew if i went to the mall any later they would be sold out. I knew those other packs were not go sell out that fast because one of the other shoe was alway's questionable.
laugh.gif
no prob bro....

I've been in similar situations. I feel you, you're mad because you didnt get your pack. Some might
laugh.gif
at my last comment, but most of us have been there, and will be there again....

I got mines i ain't go say with no problem. I wish i could've got them from eastbay instead of dealing with the line choa's but it was worth it. Ijust need a few more peice's to my puzzle and im seriously retiring from buying Jordan's, getting to old for this.

Back
Top Bottom