Who's fault is it?

I think the entire mess falls on the shoulders of Jordan/Nike, because if these weren't limited release anyone that wanted the packs, or XX3's couldwalk into the store and get them, or they could hop online and hit up finishline or footlocker and pick them up.

Instead you have people standing in line to buy 5 packs so they can put them up on ebay and make profit off of someone who wasn't lucky enough to get apack.

It seems like Jordan/Nike would make more product so they can make more profit, but in the long run with them making less it is helping Joe Schmo make profitand keep true sneakerheards from being able to obtain a shoe they would enjoy for a price that is affordable. Making someone have to get on ebay and pay doubleand triple what the retail price was.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by s dubl

Im pretty sure they make them somewhat limited so they make a profit. If there was plenty to go around and then some, chances are they would set on shelves and collect dust.
This is pretty much exactly why they do it

Retailers can only control the violence in line-ups by having mall security.

Then there's these broke-$%* ghetto kids who jump you on your way out. Either you surrender or fight back.

It depends on your area

yea, ppl blow it out of proportions. its not jb fault because in this weak economy the only thing on ANY companies mind is making money and not going bankrupt.there is always going to be idiots that start scuffles and stuff, mostly poser sneakerheads or thugs. if the mall security or boys in blue took releasesseriously they could control every step to it, therefore there would be no problems, but instead they sit back, wait till 30 minutes before doors open, andthen just turn there backs and let the ruckus begin.

i camped out at my mall for 11/12 pack and actually heard a guy say he was going home to get his gun :0

Originally Posted by dj sven

Im pretty sure they make them somewhat limited so they make a profit. If there was plenty to go around and then some, chances are they would set on shelves and collect dust.

You really think they make them limited release so they won't sit on the shelves ?

What about the lines of 200 to 300 people trying to get the packs yesterday when some stores had less then 30 packs to go around.

Nike makes $155 profit per pack when selling to the retailer, Which means if the retailer purchased 30 packs from Nike to sell to the public that means Nikewould make $4650 for that store.

Now if Nike would have sold the retailer 200 packs at $155 per pack Nike could have made a profit per store of $31000.

Originally Posted by Nikebacksthefalcons

You really think they make them limited release so they won't sit on the shelves ?

What about the lines of 200 to 300 people trying to get the packs yesterday when some stores had less then 30 packs to go around.

Nike makes $155 profit per pack when selling to the retailer, Which means if the retailer purchased 30 packs from Nike to sell to the public that means Nike would make $4650 for that store.

Now if Nike would have sold the retailer 200 packs at $155 per pack Nike could have made a profit per store of $31000.
the profit pays the employees, pays the lease on the factories, buys the materials, pays the utilities to run the factories, etc.........

that # you threw out is if the store ordered that many and they sold.

the profit isnt just money that goes into Genttry's pocket and he goes to the bank laughing...

Originally Posted by Nikebacksthefalcons

Nike makes $155 profit per pack when selling to the retailer, Which means if the retailer purchased 30 packs from Nike to sell to the public that means Nike would make $4650 for that store.

the profit pays the employees, pays the lease on the factories, buys the materials, pays the utilities to run the factories, etc.........

that # you threw out is if the store ordered that many and they sold.

the profit isnt just money that goes into Genttry's pocket and he goes to the bank laughing...

Gentry gets a salary, sure he gets a bonus based on how Jordan Brand/Nike does as a whole. PSP(Profit Sharing Plan)

The profit made from selling to retailers has no direct revenue flow to Gentry's pocket.

All I am saying is if you look at the demand for a product and how for months and months after a product is released it sells on ebay for double and triplewhat the original price was, the demand is there for Jordan/Nike to make limited release a thing of the past.

The fighting falls on the shoulders of the stupid people who can't control themselves.

it makes no sense for JB to sell a limited supply...why not end the year on a real high note financially? simply put the more supply, the more profit youmake...but i guess having too much supply would decrease the demand...but whatever...it is what it is

there is no profit this way. JB doesnt make as much as the actual store selling them. the store is the reseller. the suggested retail price on boxes is only asuggestion of what the store should sell them for. stores like footlocker, champs, footaction and finishline have to follow this pric. stores like shieks andsmall boutiques like UNDFTD dont have to sell them at this price. The store buys the shoe from their reps and the price is way cheap for the store. Thats whywhen the shoes are on clearance or sale the store doesnt lose any money they just dont make their profit.

Originally Posted by 1OAKLAND ZUU

I agree, but not to the fullest because a pack like the 11/12 would never sit on the shelve's.
a lot of people thought that about other pack as well...6/17, 4/19, 3/20

plus it's Christmans season and some people dont have $$ to spend 300+ on shoes when they have family that they have to buy gifts for.
word

Originally Posted by rolla808

The fighting falls on the shoulders of the stupid people who can't control themselves.

yea exactly, they have like animal instincts. thats why the rent-a-cops and pigs need to pay more attention and take it seriously

Hey gotta keep the demand on your product up. I just miss wednesdays, or when footlocker didnt have anymore but they had the footlocker catalog sitting insidetheir stores and we can just order them days after they were released. Still gotta love the shoes, i just dont get why people fight over them...and what wasthe last jordan that wasnt limited? lol

ive personally witnessed people get beat up over sneakers and the mall i worked at in charlotte, we even had someone get shot for not giving his up. its crazyhow people react to material items like shoes. it also has alot to do with where you purchase them from and how many. im sure if you go to the hood and try andcopp 5+ packs, if you dont have a gun, expect to have some problems. its just the world we live in, haters are everywhere and if they cant have them, they feellike no one should.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Originally Posted by therealjondoe

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

There's plenty of blame to go around. JB doesn't need to make every release limited which is what apparently they seem to be doing especially for a release that was talked about and hyped up as much as the XI/XII CDP. This is NOT 1994 or 1995 anymore where the retro 3's sat on shelves and the 11's in some areas were widely available after release date.

They would definitely see more $$ if they released more because the resellers make out the most....not the diehard JB fan, and that goes for pretty much any release.

Also some of that blame does need to be directed at the consumers. We tolerate this brand because of the shoes we loved in our younger years. But the marketing strategy in the 80's and 90's was totally different than it is now. There was plenty for everyone in those days and seeing a mark-up in price was VERY rare to see.

JB has taken advantage of the loyalty we have shown them the last 23 years. If not why are so many shoes so limited?

im my area jordans sold out just as fast in the 90s.

Not in many areas around my way. But still...........they weren't on a limited basis like they are now. XX3's are this years flagship model and they limit them.
smh.gif

You wouldn't see this back in say 1992 when the VII's first released. There were always plenty around and if not they'd be restocked within a week or so. Like I said the marketing strategy has changed dramatically.
AirUpHere, I agree with you wholeheartedly, however in 1992 the only product JB had on the market was the VII. Look at the amount of garbage theyhave out at the moment that's not a signature or retro - Fusions, Spiz'ike, a plethora of Jumpman sneakers, 'Melos, CP3s, etc.. They simply cannotafford to cannibalize their market by release 'too many' signatures or retros else who would buy the rest of their trash?

I think it is our fault for praising a brand that doesn't care too much about us. Don't get me wrong I buy Jordans too but I'm starting to ignorethe newer releases. Everybody knows that the quality and quantity is going down. People who are willing to beat or rob another for their shoes are just plainstupid. Even though we love sneakers with a passion, in the end they're just shoes. And of course, JB is definitely trying to increase the hype, thoseBlk/Red 23 coming out are plain garbage. You can't stop the hype/hypebeast and resellers, but just buy what you like. JB is making money and sooner orlater they'll lose their "loyal ambassadors". We are WITNESSES of the fall of the Jordan Brand. Sorry, Michael.

To respond to the question about why they limit releases like this: Exclusivity drives demand for the brand in general. If you limit a hot sneakersavailability, people who couldn't get a pair will react by either getting there early adn buying multiples on the next release, or they will buy somethingelse in the store that is readily available and similar like a team J or .5 (which are conveniently being release in "CDP" and other "OGJordan" colorways now). Either way, it's a win win for Nike. The idea of exclusivity perpetuates the hype for any big Jordan release. It's likexmas for retailers and for the Nike corp when this happens, as they don't have to work to sell the product, it sells itself. If you have the shoesavailable everywhere to anybody, there's no sense of urgency, no "I gotta buy 5 of these right now", no sell outs on release day. It makes sense.It's a dirty little trick, but it works for the retailer and the company so it makes sense.

You just gotta be slick about what how and where you buy, and you gotta realize that you win some and you lose some. It's when people start beasting over ashoe they couldn't get a hold of that the resale prices are driven through the roof. I think reselling is a by-product of the exclusivity that does notreally affect the Jordan Brand at all. Why would they care about resellers? It just helps drive that demand even higher for them and makes it more likely forthem to sell out of launch product instantly on release day. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, it's just business.

Just be real man. people are dumb. JB shouldn't make these products in mass quantities, because I don't want to see every single person with the samekicks as me. You need to get a kick connect, that way this won't happen to you. Nothing like getting up at 10:00 and not having to wait in line.
Some of you 21+ year old people need to think about buying a pistol, and a conceal and carry permit. Some one tried jacking me and two of my boys, along with20 other people for the BMP release. Homeboy showed us a little bitty 3 inch blade, My boy pulled out a 40. pointed it right at the dude, and made him laydown. Some people called the police and came and got him

Back
Top Bottom