Why are Jordan XI le's slept on?

ayodude

Banned
This is one of the most slept on shoes to me, especially the white and black ones with the ice sole that dropped last year. Discuss my bretheren.

no patent leather, no buy............hold up they should put patent leather on them......white-ice bottom-red patent leather w/ cement cracks.....dang JB should hire me...lol

never liked the i.e. just my opinion but i heard they are super cozy but always an easy pass for me

I have the Cool Grey from 2007. I like them a lot. They squeak occasionally though. :smh:

Personally I don't like them because they just look a bit off to be XIs...I don't know why but if you put the XI lows and the I.E.s next to each other, the XI low just looks that much better.

^I have the '03s of these and like them a lot. They don't compare to the patent leather mids, but for $115 in 2003 they qualified as a good pickup. Good summer shoe for sure.

*not my photo*

Last edited:
Still have the 97 og black/red and 2003 white/cobalt pictured above. I love them! Great summer shoe with khaki or jean shorts.

XI IEs are great. I really appreciate how they paved the way for lowtop and hightop Jordans having drastic differences in the design of their upper.

1. They're funny looking

2. Not a true number (most people can't stand a Jordan shoe that isn't numbered 1-14)

3. Those gnarly stripes on the upper

4. The part that's supposed to be the patent leather isn't connected 

5. Looks like the 2011s that nobody bought

6. I wrote number 3 twice.

7. Made you look.

8. Now you mad.

The only thing good about the xi i.e.'s is the donor status for sole swaps. Only bought a pair strictly for this.

1. They're funny looking

2. Not a true number (most people can't stand a Jordan shoe that isn't numbered 1-14)

3. Those gnarly stripes on the upper

4. The part that's supposed to be the patent leather isn't connected 

5. Looks like the 2011s that nobody bought

6. I wrote number 3 twice.

7. Made you look.

8. Now you mad.

They are a true number though. IEs are the OG 1996 XI lows, patent lowtops didnt release to the public until 2001. These shoes arent some Team Js or .5s they are true XIs. Saying they arent a true number is like saying the XVI-XXIII lows are not a true numbered Jay because the upper is different from the mid. Same goes for ALOT of Nike shoes. I personally love it when they decide to switch up design features between the lowtop and hightop.

I didnt like them during the original release
In 1996. Later i regretted not buying them.
then i got the 2011 retros in black/red.
i love these shoes.

No they are NOT a true number. A TRUE NUMBER doesn't have any significant changes outside of being low top.

I already schooled some dudes on the other Jordan forums and I got tired of it really quick. Don't make me do this again.

These shoes are no different from the phat 1s and those aren't a true number.

No they are NOT a true number. A TRUE NUMBER doesn't have any significant changes outside of being low top.
I already schooled some dudes on the other Jordan forums and I got tired of it really quick. Don't make me do this again.
These shoes are no different from the phat 1s and those aren't a true number.
School me, I'm not afraid to learn holmes. But let's stick to the XI's, which Jordan wore during the season. I'm on the post #19 side of the fence. 

Last edited:
Quote:

Originally Posted by dankenstien88  

They are a true number though. IEs are the OG 1996 XI lows, patent lowtops didnt release to the public until 2001. These shoes arent some Team Js or .5s they are true XIs. Saying they arent a true number is like saying the XVI-XXIII lows are not a true numbered Jay because the upper is different from the mid. Same goes for ALOT of Nike shoes. I personally love it when they decide to switch up design features between the lowtop and hightop.

This...

Back
Top Bottom