Why are there ads on NikeTalk? The answer is inside.

So I guess it's safe to say that Nike really ain't running things around here eh? :smile:
Unless it's all one big smokescreen....... :wink:
Out

:tongue:
tongue.gif
SO lets say about 100 niketalkers gather togwether on their computers one day and just furiously click as for about 45 mins to an hour, will we profit like 11ty billion dollars?

btw BabyJ, you are legally binded to niketalk, in any of its present and future forms.. :D
happy.gif
:tongue:
tongue.gif

Word on the Street ...
You Reap What You Sow

^^^ lol @ the BabyJ comment. Dude is definitely appreciated by me, that's for sure. :smile:
<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> 23ska for short <<<<<<<[/b]
(http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/Chick_Hearn_Bio-50564-59.htmlI grew up going mainly to ANGELS and LAKERS games, but I will ALWAYS cheer for my wife's home team (UK WILDCATS) and ALL the rest of MY home teams (SPARKS, XTREME, CLIPPERS, PADRES, DUCKS, TROJANS, CHARGERS, AVENGERS, DODGERS, BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, GALAXY).​

Hey Meth, Nelson, whoever....I was thinking...couldn't you gain enough money from the ads where you could basicaly pay yourselfs a commishion each month? It would be a reward for all the effort you have put into this site...justwondering
s?ref=MfrBdcMWimUBtcA8JkQpo3Wo_PU]SIGN UP FOR BLINGO - stylez23 WON AN IPOD NANO ON 3/27/06 AFTER SIG[/url]</div><!--​

so who cant log into there account on yuku? ive tried just about everything.
Its not what you know, Its what you can provestill team anti ds.

^ i can't log in either :frown:
frown.gif

i'ma just wait for a tutorial on how to do everything.
Not new, just an alternate sreen name

me too but since it is a beta version they might of not transferred all the accounts over yet or something on those lines

so is our post count gonna change?
"..because ya'll buy a lot of clothes when ya don't really need em, things ya'll buy to cover up what's inside cause they(niketalk) make yall hate yourselfs and love they wealth.."

Philippines
Member No. 90[/center]

:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
^^^^^^^^^^

Quote:
POST COUNT AND JOIN DATE WILL STAY!!!

TEAMlateNIGHT
[table][tr][td]>E-MAIL[/td][td]MYSPACE[/td][/tr][/table]​
references: yvespo3, aephlux, projectdtp,BocaPimp,LIVEMYREALITY,morningstar777, oscarmeyerslanger

Quote:
Hey Meth, Nelson, whoever....I was thinking...couldn't you gain enough money from the ads where you could basicaly pay yourselfs a commishion each month? It would be a reward for all the effort you have put into this site...justwondering

It's certainly possible that the site could one day generate enough revenue to actually allow one or more staff members to work on NikeTalk professionally, but I'd really only consider it if:

1) "Hiring" someone to work full-time on NikeTalk would really be worth it for the community.

2) We're either able to pay EVERYONE or work out some arrangement where our volunteer staff members may still feel that their work is GREATLY valued and appreciated.

The problem, as I see it, is that if you pay ONE staff member full time, you risk allowing others to trivialize the work that all other staff members perform since such work is unpaid. While it's true that nonprofit organizations tend to have salaried full-time employees in addition to volunteers, we can't really delineate NikeTalk's "labor" force in that same way since we're all responsible for many of the same tasks. So, it's difficult to say "so and so deserves to be paid a full time salary so they can focus on NT full time" and then turn around and let someone else perform many of the same functions for thousands of hours with little to no financial compensation.

Once you bring money into that equation, you're tempting the fates to a certain extent.

3) We still have enough money to continue donating substantial sums to charity. Even though I believe NikeTalk would ultimately benefit if one or more staff members had the ability to focus on NikeTalk the way someone could apply themselves to a career, I feel that, at the organizational level, NikeTalk has a responsibility to give back to the community both locally (contests/giveaways, etc.) and globally by way of supporting various charitable organizations.

You know, people like to pigeonhole sneaker fans on the basis of the corporate irresponsibility that Nike sneakers represent. I don't think we should be defined by how sneaker companies behave. Sneakers are a part of our culture. I don't want to feel ashamed to wear Air Jordans, Nikes, Pumas, etc.

Like many of us, I have enough sneakers to last me a lifetime. I loved Nikes and Air Jordans growing up, but if the direction of those brands displeases me I don't ever have to buy another sneaker. Yet as long as I WEAR Nikes, people are going to interpret that in a certain way. Regardless of what other people may think, though, I know I can be proud of being a sneaker fan if I'm proud of this COMMUNITY and what we're able to accomplish together.

Rather than simply piggyback on the sneaker industry's success and all the publicity it generates, I'd rather CHANNEL the sneaker industry's success and publicity into something positive.

Look at something like www.thehungersite.org. One click can purchase a cup of staple food to fight hunger. Of that site's "regular" viewers, how many people visit that site once a day or even once a week, though?

Now compare that to NikeTalk. Our users CONSTANTLY return to our site - because EVERY time you reload NT has something new to offer you. Just imagine how we can use that power to raise money for charities?

That's what excites me most about all of this.

New changes? I didn't receive the memo. :tongue:
tongue.gif

JEN Q IS DOPENESS IN A CUP!prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:wow:ffice:wow:ffice" /?

Ever considered making people who want to buy/sell on the forum pay a small fee? since it seems like 80 percent or more posts are either people trying to sell their shoes or finidng out ways to get them and then resell. If the site is helping them to make $$, why not make them pay to make listings, and use it towards running the site. And before anyone flames me, i never sell shoes, so this idea does not affect me in any way.
I DO NOT HAVE ANY SHOES FOR SALE!

So Cal Only looking for size12.5-13 Cali,Shanghai,futura,mita AF1,Navi Pack Shox NZ and Burst,

Quote:

Hey, your new Yuku profile said it - not me.

:frown:
frown.gif

Jerk.

In all seriousness though, I think I'm the only person that has successfully transferred over, therefore I have nobody to be friends with.

The boards that are already on Yuku are terrible.
[/quote][/quote]

Quick question Meth...

Would it be possible, or even a good idea, to send Nike our compiled list of fake sites once it becomes large enough to actually catch Nike's attention in an effort to combat the fake manufacturers through Nike? ... if that makes any sense...

jester
u n s c r i p t e d​

Just a suggestion.

Keep the same color layout. Black and Red is the best.
TEAM CARPET

Quote:
Once we move to Yuku, youll have picture hosting, an enhanced profile with your own blog, and much more. Youll be able to upload your own pictures in one click, drag and drop pictures right into NikeTalk posts, and start your own user groups. The site will load faster and the search engine (goodness willing) will actually WORK WELL.

Im actually type amped about this... i cant wait for the full transfer from ezboard.com to yuku... but just out of curiousity why did you guys choose yuku instead of like a message board such as vB (vBulletin.com) ??

o and i hope once the ads are implemented fully that everyone can click at LEAST once a day, im sure that i will since i im on NT like all day.
IM ON MY NEW YORK ISSHHH!!!!
nyKONEXION.net - THE MOVEMENT
MYSPACE - HOLLA @ ME

I guess this explains the weird spaces between posts that I was seeing for a while...

Anyhow...

Can't wait for the new board and the new features...

JM

Quote:
Once we move to Yuku, youll have picture hosting, an enhanced profile with your own blog, and much more.

Sounds wonderful, I look forward to the change.

Whatever you guys feel is best is great by me. I remember one day trying to sift through the death threats and foolishness on NikePark when Nelson C and Method Man posted about creating NT it was like leaving a dessert for a tropical island. You guys have always done a great job running this site and I applaud your hard work, thanks.
Tell me I can no longer fly.........I want you to. - MJ,97

The picture hosting on Yuku is pretty dope.

I can't wait to see the full version, if this is just the beta.

Working for NikeTalk full-time? Hmm... :wink:
wink.gif

Quote:
I guess this explains the weird spaces between posts that I was seeing for a while...

That makes sense now. Wondered what those were.
[/b]

NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT.

Back
Top Bottom