Why are there ads on NikeTalk? The answer is inside.

INSTYLESHOESCOM>>> Just let it go man. Do your thing and let NIKETALK do its own thing. I'm sure you had good intentions when you offered to help NT. But that offer was refused. So move on.

I dont see how people are complaining about new members. I remember reading multiple posts in the archives from years past of members complaining about new members.

I say, GET OVER IT.

Also, making NT cost money to join would be the dumbest thing to do. This would do nothing except make ISS's board much more popular. No more than 100 members would pay $120 a year to stay on NT and I think I'm being generous.

I dont understand how ads can bother people in the first place. Just don't click on them!

NO DICEHOMESLICE​
Living the Dream since 1992​

Quote:
You left one off your list:

www.instyleshoes.com

:wow:
eek.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif

Bastich stays with those funny one liners.
AIM: FLBALLA813

Quote:
I dont see how people are complaining about new members. I remember reading multiple posts in the archives from years past of members complaining about new members.

I think most complaints of new members are in jest (hopefully). New members help make this forum an expanding community, and that couldn't be wholly bad.

Quote:
Slavery? You want to use a word as strong as slavery to inaccurately describe the people who donate their time to run a forum?

We'd get to live on your property while working for free in order to make YOU money.

What does that sound like to you? A fantasy camp?

It was a pathetic, manipulative, and insulting offer. We didn't take it. No self-respecting person would. Let it go.

Don't even start talking about "for the love of culture." You are to sneaker culture what some greedy 60 year old record executive is to hip hop culture. The ONLY reason you put up a sneaker website in the first place was to make money. If it weren't for NikeTalk supplying you with all those opportunities in the early going, you'd probably have folded up shop and started selling snake oil long ago. It's just a product to you and you'll step on anyone if it helps you expand your little market share. Who HAVEN'T you tried to "acquire" over the years? You bought air-jordans.com, you bought kicksology, you TRIED to buy NikeTalk... hell, you even tried to "acquire" Ekin702 and a few other influencial NikeTalkers. You don't "give back," you invest to further your own selfish interests.

Unfortunately for you, not all of us want to help you strip mine sneaker culture.

Your forums have ads, your forums ARE ads. The proceeds from our ads will benefit charity. The proceeds from your website and magazine go to YOU. I haven't made one cent on this community, you've been milking it dry. Now, tell me again who's in this for the love of the game, and who's in this for the love of money.

:pimp:
pimp.gif

Point well made.

Method Man you think if they wrote a book about your post anybody would read it?

NO DOUBT!

its coo. If its needed to stay online its definetly worth it.
They try to take me out the game, but I's alive. It's like a old negro spiritual, but I mastered Tobey. With a splash of Monster Kody, shoot faster than Kobe - Jay Z

Quote:
You left one off your list:

instyleshoes.com

:wow:
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

low blow. low blow. low blow.

for a sec, i thought we were gonna go into a paragraph war w/ meth and steve.

whats your real name meth?
Its not what you know, Its what you can provestill team anti ds.

lol somehow when i click on the first page and then the very last page i knew there would be some man bickering going on.

What I don't get about Instyleshoes is how they spin everything they do as "for the love of the culture" or "giving back to the community." Instyleshoes has NEVER been a not-for-profit site so enough of all the righteous, "we're doing it because we like shoes" crap. They are more on the side of "we'll try to squeeze you for as much coin possibe." You're in it to make money. Just say it and stop blowing smoke screens.

As far as NT goes, they were here FIRST. Back when collecting was a sub culture and not as mainstream as it is today, there was only NT. All ISS has done is copy what NT created and commercialized it.

See, back in the day, no jeans company made "baggy" fitting jeans. If you wanted to wear baggy, you had to buy your jeans 2-3 sizes bigger. Then when the baggy trend caught on, companies started making a baggy cut so you could buy your own size and still get the baggy look. In other words, they commercialized it. By the time companies started making a baggy fit, however, it wasn't cool to wear baggy jeans anymore.

All Instyleshoes has done is try and commercialize the culture.

Thanks for the compliments![/b][/center]

You could and maybe should ban Instyleshoescom for FRAUD if you guys wanted to. :lol:
laugh.gif

I doubt that's gonna happen though.

That magazine has to be keeping them afloat, because those prices they charge for the shoes on their site are absolutely rediculous.

i don't really mind the ads.. as long as they're not pop ups like it was before...

Quote:
Would it be possible, or even a good idea, to send Nike our compiled list of fake sites once it becomes large enough to actually catch Nike's attention in an effort to combat the fake manufacturers through Nike? ... if that makes any sense...

Nike know's about ALL the sites. believe me.

As for respect in the Industry and who has it. For those assuming they think they know. You'd be wrong.

Everyone respects grass roots operations and entities who don't gain profit from their core following, yet give not only to their following but to the actual industry as a whole.

Things like Ads on NT are a necessary evil, that will keep what many here need as it feeds their addicition.

Life is not what everyone thinks it is. Neither is this thing we call the Shoe Game.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
[/b]
You know what Rolls Down Hill Don't You?
Who Will You Call When "They" Make More than You?

It looks like the adshave gotten a more vertical look to them... I liked the horizontal look.

Is it just my pc?

sounds better this way...drag and drop pics... user groups(4 locals and such)... and no annoying daily maximum view/post limit reached screens

Back
Top Bottom