Why aren't people buying the Verizon iPhone?

Originally Posted by CWrite78

well look at that, usain is in here cheerleading for apple... once again.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The d_riding in this thread is stupendous.

i have a nextel 860.   So i'm looking to get a new phone. 

so im just sitting back looking at all this Apple vs Android stuff.  And both sides have pretty good arguments. 

But Android has so many more options to choose from. 

somebody i work with has an Evo.  really nice but I want to try ATT or Verizon next. 

i'm gonna wait until the summer. 

i have a nextel 860.   So i'm looking to get a new phone. 

so im just sitting back looking at all this Apple vs Android stuff.  And both sides have pretty good arguments. 

But Android has so many more options to choose from. 

somebody i work with has an Evo.  really nice but I want to try ATT or Verizon next. 

i'm gonna wait until the summer. 

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by Bozo7000

Because if your coming from an android phone, the iphone feels like you've taken a step back in technology.

I've had 3 co-workers who admit this to me when they switched from the EVO to the iphone 4 for verizon. I just shurg them cause they are all followers, that buy cause of hype. I can't wait till Verizon really screws them over i just laugh in their faces.

what is this hype you guys keep mentioning? as if android phones arent hyped 
laugh.gif
 "dont worry.. this next HTC is going to be the next iphone killer!!"
& you sit there and laugh at them because "they took a step back in technology"? boy, please.. these are just cellphones were talking about here.

I don't know what hype you are talking about. All phones are hyped. My "step back in tech" statement was from my personal experience, and I had a few people I know also agree with me. I went from the Incredible, to the Evo, and most recently to the iphone 4 for Verizon. Now it could have had to do with me being use to Android (especially with HTC sense), but I felt both the Incredible and the Evo allowed more freedom, customization, but were still very user friendly. I didn't like iphones email features it had. I think the whole look of the row of icons is outdated, with the lack of widgets being a turn off. Multitasking didn't feel like actual multitasking. I could go on, but there are things that I liked about the iphone better than the Android phones. I think the touch screen responsiveness is better than any of the android phones I have used. The retina display was the best screen on a cell phone I have seen. With that said, I still feel like I took a step back in technology when I had the iphone. If you like the iphone, great. It is a great phone. I just happen to think android is superior. I'm looking forward to seeing what the new iphone will bring.

I'm also curious to know if the people who are saying apple > android or android >apple have actually had both phones. I have had discussions with people at work who keep telling me their iphone is the best phone out and android is "just ok". But when I asked them if they have owned an android phone they said no.

Originally Posted by proper english

Because if your coming from an android phone, the iphone feels like you've taken a step back in technology.

I've had 3 co-workers who admit this to me when they switched from the EVO to the iphone 4 for verizon. I just shurg them cause they are all followers, that buy cause of hype. I can't wait till Verizon really screws them over i just laugh in their faces.

laugh.gif
& you sit there and laugh at them because "they took a step back in technology"? boy, please.. these are just cellphones were talking about here.

I don't know what hype you are talking about. All phones are hyped. My "step back in tech" statement was from my personal experience, and I had a few people I know also agree with me. I went from the Incredible, to the Evo, and most recently to the iphone 4 for Verizon. Now it could have had to do with me being use to Android (especially with HTC sense), but I felt both the Incredible and the Evo allowed more freedom, customization, but were still very user friendly. I didn't like iphones email features it had. I think the whole look of the row of icons is outdated, with the lack of widgets being a turn off. Multitasking didn't feel like actual multitasking. I could go on, but there are things that I liked about the iphone better than the Android phones. I think the touch screen responsiveness is better than any of the android phones I have used. The retina display was the best screen on a cell phone I have seen. With that said, I still feel like I took a step back in technology when I had the iphone. If you like the iphone, great. It is a great phone. I just happen to think android is superior. I'm looking forward to seeing what the new iphone will bring.

I'm also curious to know if the people who are saying apple > android or android >apple have actually had both phones. I have had discussions with people at work who keep telling me their iphone is the best phone out and android is "just ok". But when I asked them if they have owned an android phone they said no.

I've owned both operating systems, and I strongly believed iOS > Android
Went from G1 > iPhone 3G > iPhone 3Gs > Nexus One > iPhone 4

Yes Android has all these customizing features and widgets, but the battery life is just horrible with these features. Plus the quality of apps on the iPhone is so much more polished compared to android. For example, both Android and iOS can go on facebook, but the app on the iPhone is just much cleaner and works much easier. There are just small things that makes the iPhone more enjoyable. 

One thing that also bothered me was that the Droid basically sucks now, not even hitting 2 years yet, but I used a Droid after the 2.1/2.2 update, the phone just sucks, the icons dont always show up, and the phone just crashes a lot of the time. Which kind of makes me not want to buy an Android in the future if it basically has a 1 year or so lifespan.

Yes Android has all these customizing features and widgets, but the battery life is just horrible with these features. Plus the quality of apps on the iPhone is so much more polished compared to android. For example, both Android and iOS can go on facebook, but the app on the iPhone is just much cleaner and works much easier. There are just small things that makes the iPhone more enjoyable. 

One thing that also bothered me was that the Droid basically sucks now, not even hitting 2 years yet, but I used a Droid after the 2.1/2.2 update, the phone just sucks, the icons dont always show up, and the phone just crashes a lot of the time. Which kind of makes me not want to buy an Android in the future if it basically has a 1 year or so lifespan.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

I did like the battery life on the iphone better. But a big strike against the iphone for me was the screen size. I like the 4.3 screens.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

I did like the battery life on the iphone better. But a big strike against the iphone for me was the screen size. I like the 4.3 screens.

Bozo7000 wrote:

I went from a iPhone 2G to a iPhone 3Gs to an Evo 4G. I sold the 3Gs but I still have my iPhone 2G. 
A pretty cool factor that happen to me was in Starbucks, waiting for my drink, watching a live Laker game over 4G on my 4.3' screen, ZERO lag and clear sound from the speaker. The video was using flash and I was watching it from an app I d/l from the Android Market for free. I had a crowd of people like "whoa", "wow", "what phone is that"? When I put up the kickstand people were like 
eek.gif

iOS vs. Android OS can go anyway you prefer but after being an iPhone owner for over 2.5 years and now Evo 4G for 8 months, I prefer Android.

Bozo7000 wrote:

I went from a iPhone 2G to a iPhone 3Gs to an Evo 4G. I sold the 3Gs but I still have my iPhone 2G. 
A pretty cool factor that happen to me was in Starbucks, waiting for my drink, watching a live Laker game over 4G on my 4.3' screen, ZERO lag and clear sound from the speaker. The video was using flash and I was watching it from an app I d/l from the Android Market for free. I had a crowd of people like "whoa", "wow", "what phone is that"? When I put up the kickstand people were like 
eek.gif

iOS vs. Android OS can go anyway you prefer but after being an iPhone owner for over 2.5 years and now Evo 4G for 8 months, I prefer Android.

proper english said:

laugh.gif

Okay, I didn't phrase my comments right "hype" people do buy off of hype, but my co-workers are followers. When 1st bought my EVO and they all tried, they went ahead and got it like a month after but all 3 of them got it at the same time, most of us macbooks at work so using a Android device with a macbook is brings no circle of unity cause it doesn't sync with any of the os x software. So when the iphone dropped for verizon, they completely switched over and they did this on desperate measures adding new lines to existing lines that the contract wasn't over and basically trying get the iphone by selling of their EVO to pay-off the etf. Now when your decisions is based on someone actions, its not your decision, your simply flowing a crowd. Them knowing that they can get more work done on a EVO didn't matter to them, the fact that they wanted to match brand for brand, when one person switched from EVO to iphone they all did at the same time. I'm NOT comparing OS, I'm informing an observation that I saw, and i thought was dumb, because a week later they complained about certain things the iphone couldn't do for them. I told all 3 them and said your "Don't blame your phone, blame your decision, you bought what you wanted, you'll get what comes out it"

I'm actually staying in topic here, some of you are still bickering which OS is better, just drop it. It gets tired and old. Just buy what you like, give yourself options.

proper english said:

laugh.gif

Okay, I didn't phrase my comments right "hype" people do buy off of hype, but my co-workers are followers. When 1st bought my EVO and they all tried, they went ahead and got it like a month after but all 3 of them got it at the same time, most of us macbooks at work so using a Android device with a macbook is brings no circle of unity cause it doesn't sync with any of the os x software. So when the iphone dropped for verizon, they completely switched over and they did this on desperate measures adding new lines to existing lines that the contract wasn't over and basically trying get the iphone by selling of their EVO to pay-off the etf. Now when your decisions is based on someone actions, its not your decision, your simply flowing a crowd. Them knowing that they can get more work done on a EVO didn't matter to them, the fact that they wanted to match brand for brand, when one person switched from EVO to iphone they all did at the same time. I'm NOT comparing OS, I'm informing an observation that I saw, and i thought was dumb, because a week later they complained about certain things the iphone couldn't do for them. I told all 3 them and said your "Don't blame your phone, blame your decision, you bought what you wanted, you'll get what comes out it"

I'm actually staying in topic here, some of you are still bickering which OS is better, just drop it. It gets tired and old. Just buy what you like, give yourself options.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Its funny how this thread was a clear hate thread based of 0 facts. Android fanboys never cease to amaze me. You guys literally are the dumbest fanboys I have ever encountered. Seriously you claim the iPhone isnt selling well on Verizon when it is the BEST selling phone on verizon right now. Than you have the arguments that the iPhone is "outdated" when in reality ALL THE BEST APPLICATIONS ARE ON THE IPHONE. If the iPhone is really so garbage why is everyone developing for iPhone and not for android? Seriously you guys lack simple logic and are so brainwashed beyond anything else. Its sad that you have to make thread just to tell yourself android is winning when android is clearly not.

Until the iPhone gets Flash (which will never happen), it is outdated. Go ahead and play the HTML 5 card. Android supports that, too.
What exactly do you need flash on your phone for? To play games? iPhone has better games than any Flash website out. To watch videos? iPhone has youtube app, Netflix app, Hulu app, VOD support should be coming from Comcast and others, websites like Adult Swim have already ported their video librarys to iphone apps. Which exact sites do you use Flash for?
I have neither an android or iphone..so explain why should I, as a prospective consumer, have to get a whole bunch of different apps instead of my phone just natively supporting a common bit of software?

Its funny how this thread was a clear hate thread based of 0 facts. Android fanboys never cease to amaze me. You guys literally are the dumbest fanboys I have ever encountered. Seriously you claim the iPhone isnt selling well on Verizon when it is the BEST selling phone on verizon right now. Than you have the arguments that the iPhone is "outdated" when in reality ALL THE BEST APPLICATIONS ARE ON THE IPHONE. If the iPhone is really so garbage why is everyone developing for iPhone and not for android? Seriously you guys lack simple logic and are so brainwashed beyond anything else. Its sad that you have to make thread just to tell yourself android is winning when android is clearly not.

Until the iPhone gets Flash (which will never happen), it is outdated. Go ahead and play the HTML 5 card. Android supports that, too.
What exactly do you need flash on your phone for? To play games? iPhone has better games than any Flash website out. To watch videos? iPhone has youtube app, Netflix app, Hulu app, VOD support should be coming from Comcast and others, websites like Adult Swim have already ported their video librarys to iphone apps. Which exact sites do you use Flash for?
I have neither an android or iphone..so explain why should I, as a prospective consumer, have to get a whole bunch of different apps instead of my phone just natively supporting a common bit of software?

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

What do you mean a common bit of software? Are you talking about Flash? Even with Flash you couldnt use any of the stuff maybe outside of the Adult Swim. For example Netflix requires Microsoft Silverlight plus Flash to run on systems. Currently no Android phone has the DRM capabilities (according to Netflix) for them to port their software. Hulu on the other hand does not require more software than Flash but has been blocking Android and GoogleTv users because they claim they do not have the licensing rights to show their videos on the platforms (but they have an iPhone app that can do it). Flash is a known resources hog and can causes crashes tell you have not had a moment where Flash has crashed your browser. Having an App to access certain things than having it natively run Flash will also make the stream more optimize for your device. Most Flash sites are made for dekstops which do not have data caps, small screens, and no keyboards having the developers create an app allows them to tie their website into the OS.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

What do you mean a common bit of software? Are you talking about Flash? Even with Flash you couldnt use any of the stuff maybe outside of the Adult Swim. For example Netflix requires Microsoft Silverlight plus Flash to run on systems. Currently no Android phone has the DRM capabilities (according to Netflix) for them to port their software. Hulu on the other hand does not require more software than Flash but has been blocking Android and GoogleTv users because they claim they do not have the licensing rights to show their videos on the platforms (but they have an iPhone app that can do it). Flash is a known resources hog and can causes crashes tell you have not had a moment where Flash has crashed your browser. Having an App to access certain things than having it natively run Flash will also make the stream more optimize for your device. Most Flash sites are made for dekstops which do not have data caps, small screens, and no keyboards having the developers create an app allows them to tie their website into the OS.

Back
Top Bottom