Why do people still eat McDonalds?

Originally Posted by BallRN23

Originally Posted by CB94

Originally Posted by KTaylor

LIFE causes DEATH. Period. Might as well die living a little....
this seemed really deep to me...
Yeah, except it neglects one important thing: quality of life into and through older age. If you define "living a little" as eating crap, then enjoy "living".
laugh.gif
It's funny that you actually EXPECT to live until old age. Who fed you that little fantasy as a kid? If people were EXPECTED to live until old age, there would be more old people than young people. But it's not even close. The truth is, 6 out of 10 people will probably die way before they ever saw it coming. Dying old is a fantasy that keeps us from worrying about impending doom and nothing more. It's just like how EVERY little kid has a "when I get rich" fantasy. They never say "if", do they? The reality of it is that the air you breathe is partially toxic and only contains about 20% oxygen at best. that means 80% of what you suck into your lungs 24/7/365 may not be beneficial to your body. The water you drink is slightly contaminated at all times. These bacteria are by default immune to the water treatments we use to sterilize our water (even lysol only kills 99.9%). These bacteria are multiplying and dividing and multiplying all over again all through your bottled water and taps. The soap you wash your body with is made from animal fat which clogs your pores and is bad for you skin. The very testosterone in your blood stream will cause more stress on your body than if you were a female, which WILL make you die sooner than if you were a female. I could go on... The point is, you can try to delay death as long as possible, but you won't defeat it. So the only evident purpose of life is to find your own balance between running from death and running towards living, and I define "living" and "existing" differently. I want to LIVE my life, not just exist until it's over. If that means having a McChicken one a month, well damn, let me be!
What's funny is your reply. "Older" age doesn't necessarily mean living to a 100 year of age. You talk about eating at McDonalds and equate it to "living"....that's sad. How much have you strayed from nature that you describe eating crap that food scientists have worked on rather than what nature provides for us, and call that "living". Have you looked around and realized what is going on? People are dying of LIFESTYLE choices. Sure, we live in a much more toxic environment, but does that mean we should give up and knowingly do what is UNHEALTHY for us? It's not about delaying death, like I previously wrote. It's about living a quality life not riddled with heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, cancer, etc. You have clearly been taught that this is normal when it's NOT and you're telling me that I have been fed a fantasy as a kid?? You are vastly underestimating my knowledge/education with the tone of your reply.

For your information, I use soap made from all natural ingredients without all the chemicals in regular soaps, and do as much as I can to provide myself of a healthy environment (physical, mental, food, etc.) conducive to better health. Health is not about a reductionistic paradigm in which you neglect all but one aspect of what is required for health. That is where my frustration lies with many people. And nobody said that you can't go to McDonalds. You obviously have the choice of eating there all day, every day, if you want.
What's funny is you can do all this preaching about eating healthy and looking down on those who eat this crap but can still get hit by astray bullet and die. The bullet don't care how healthy you eat.

Wow. The ignorance is outstanding. Holding this attitude will more than likely lower the quality of one's (relatively shorter) life.

On the contrary, I'm wiser than you even comprehend. Don't you realize that YOUR idea of happiness may not be MY idea, and that YOUR unique balance ofrunning towards life and running from death will always be different than the next guy? For example, most people that exercise LIKE to do so. Therefore, theyare running towards life when they hit the treadmill. It's for their betterment as well as their enjoyment. But some people exercise because they feel theyHAVE to in order to stay/get healthy. Those are the ones running from death. and some people, like my guy Brandon Cosby, go for a morning jog and end up in thehospital with heart problems from over exertion. If he'd have died, do you think his 4 year old son would have said, "Aww it's cool cuz he wastrying to be healthy when he ran himself into the ground"?

There is no absolute rubric for these kind of things. Scientists are just going with their best guesses. Often it's not what you do but WHY you do it. Theysay alcohol is bad in large doses but GREAT in small doses. And that's the nature of life. It's all unique to the individual. If I choose to live likea stick of dynamite, which is to say it is short, sweet, and explosively entertaining, then so be it. The key is to die feeling FULFILLED. There is noguarantee that longevity IS the answer to that. Remember, as you age your friends will start to die all around you. I had a great grandfather that I'veactually been blessed enough to know for the first 6 or so years of my life. He died at age 103, having outlived 6 children and 3 wives. Soundsawesome.

What's funny is your reply. "Older" age doesn't necessarily mean living to a 100 year of age. You talk about eating at McDonalds and equate it to "living"....that's sad. How much have you strayed from nature that you describe eating crap that food scientists have worked on rather than what nature provides for us, and call that "living". Have you looked around and realized what is going on? People are dying of LIFESTYLE choices. Sure, we live in a much more toxic environment, but does that mean we should give up and knowingly do what is UNHEALTHY for us? It's not about delaying death, like I previously wrote. It's about living a quality life not riddled with heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, cancer, etc. You have clearly been taught that this is normal when it's NOT and you're telling me that I have been fed a fantasy as a kid?? You are vastly underestimating my knowledge/education with the tone of your reply.

For your information, I use soap made from all natural ingredients without all the chemicals in regular soaps, and do as much as I can to provide myself of a healthy environment (physical, mental, food, etc.) conducive to better health. Health is not about a reductionistic paradigm in which you neglect all but one aspect of what is required for health. That is where my frustration lies with many people. And nobody said that you can't go to McDonalds. You obviously have the choice of eating there all day, every day, if you want.

I love it when NTers try to make a RULE out of an example. Look, I'm into food and all sorts of cuisine. I love to cook AND eat, whetherit's veggie lasagna or bacon wrapped burgers on the grill. But once or twice a month, I reward my sophisticated palate with some unsophisticatedfast food eats. This is America for Christ's sake.. lighten up
grin.gif
. But anyway, for YOUR information, you're being fooled and I'm loving it.There is no soap made from 'all natural' ingredients or else it would grow on trees. Besides, FAT is ALL NATURAL! You don't even see what they didthere, do you?
smh.gif
... Silly health nuts
laugh.gif
. You're just scared to die, that's all. Admit it. Me? I'm not. I look forward to it actually.That's the difference between me and you. I'm not afraid to die alive.

What's funny is you can do all this preaching about eating healthy and looking down on those who eat this crap but can still get hit by a stray bullet and die. The bullet don't care how healthy you eat.

See man, I been around gunfire and almost died cuz of it. At the end of the day, it boils down to one grammatically unstable statement.You best start living 'fore you can't no more.

Wow. The ignorance is outstanding. Holding this attitude will more than likely lower the quality of one's (relatively shorter) life.
On the contrary, I'm wiser than you even comprehend. Don't you realize that YOUR idea of happiness may not be MY idea, and that YOUR unique balance of running towards life and running from death will always be different than the next guy? For example, most people that exercise LIKE to do so. Therefore, they are running towards life when they hit the treadmill. It's for their betterment as well as their enjoyment. But some people exercise because they feel they HAVE to in order to stay/get healthy. Those are the ones running from death. and some people, like my guy Brandon Cosby, go for a morning jog and end up in the hospital with heart problems from over exertion. If he'd have died, do you think his 4 year old son would have said, "Aww it's cool cuz he was trying to be healthy when he ran himself into the ground"?

There is no absolute rubric for these kind of things. Scientists are just going with their best guesses. Often it's not what you do but WHY you do it. They say alcohol is bad in large doses but GREAT in small doses. And that's the nature of life. It's all unique to the individual. If I choose to live like a stick of dynamite, which is to say it is short, sweet, and explosively entertaining, then so be it. The key is to die feeling FULFILLED. There is no guarantee that longevity IS the answer to that. Remember, as you age your friends will start to die all around you. I had a great grandfather that I've actually been blessed enough to know for the first 6 or so years of my life. He died at age 103, having outlived 6 children and 3 wives. Sounds awesome.

That's great. But I think you're misinterpreting what I mean by "quality of life." By your logic, I could also use amasochist's example that the key to one's happiness is to ultimately live in a hospital all day, getting chemotherapy. He may be extremely happy inthe process. But his quality of life is becomes increasingly terrible.

Likewise, someone may say that the key to happiness is to not worry about his or her consumption habits (thus not caring if he/she avoids unhealthycircumstances). That person may live a happier life, relatively speaking. But his/her quality of life becomes increasingly terrible.

My point: my comment has nothing to do with happiness. But of course, when your daughter is worrying about whether or not you are going to make it throughyour bypass surgery at the age of 45, happiness may become a factor then.

And if you don't believe that eating fast food causes health problems, you're in denial. The evidence is substantial.

Lastly, it actually is awesome that your grandfather lived that long. Kudos to him.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by KTaylor

LIFE causes DEATH. Period. Might as well die living a little....
this seemed really deep to me...
Yeah, except it neglects one important thing: quality of life into and through older age. If you define "living a little" as eating crap, then enjoy "living".
laugh.gif
It's funny that you actually EXPECT to live until old age. Who fed you that little fantasy as a kid? If people were EXPECTED to live until old age, there would be more old people than young people. But it's not even close. The truth is, 6 out of 10 people will probably die way before they ever saw it coming. Dying old is a fantasy that keeps us from worrying about impending doom and nothing more. It's just like how EVERY little kid has a "when I get rich" fantasy. They never say "if", do they? The reality of it is that the air you breathe is partially toxic and only contains about 20% oxygen at best. that means 80% of what you suck into your lungs 24/7/365 may not be beneficial to your body. The water you drink is slightly contaminated at all times. These bacteria are by default immune to the water treatments we use to sterilize our water (even lysol only kills 99.9%). These bacteria are multiplying and dividing and multiplying all over again all through your bottled water and taps. The soap you wash your body with is made from animal fat which clogs your pores and is bad for you skin. The very testosterone in your blood stream will cause more stress on your body than if you were a female, which WILL make you die sooner than if you were a female. I could go on... The point is, you can try to delay death as long as possible, but you won't defeat it. So the only evident purpose of life is to find your own balance between running from death and running towards living, and I define "living" and "existing" differently. I want to LIVE my life, not just exist until it's over. If that means having a McChicken one a month, well damn, let me be!

What's funny is you can do all this preaching about eating healthy and looking down on those who eat this crap but can still get hit by a stray bullet and die. The bullet don't care how healthy you eat.
So, "I may die in a car accident tomorrow. Let me inject myself with carcinogens because ANYTHING can happen." How logical is that?
indifferent.gif

I love it when NTers try to make a RULE out of an example. Look, I'm into food and all sorts of cuisine. I love to cook AND eat, whether it's veggie lasagna or bacon wrapped burgers on the grill. But once or twice a month, I reward my sophisticated palate with some unsophisticated fast food eats. This is America for Christ's sake.. lighten up
grin.gif
. But anyway, for YOUR information, you're being fooled and I'm loving it. There is no soap made from 'all natural' ingredients or else it would grow on trees. Besides, FAT is ALL NATURAL! You don't even see what they did there, do you?
smh.gif
... Silly health nuts
laugh.gif
. You're just scared to die, that's all. Admit it. Me? I'm not. I look forward to it actually. That's the difference between me and you. I'm not afraid to die alive.
Again, if you are "reward[ing]" yourself with McDonalds there is no point in having a "debate" with you. SMH at your ignorantresponse. And you're trying to make me out to be the ignorant one? SMH
eyes.gif
You have no idea who I am, and you're saying that I don't "live". I don't know about that. I actually get more pleasure outof eating fresh fruit than I would if I ate at Mickey Ds. So am I not "living"? For YOUR information, all natural excludes ingredients commonly insoaps that include: Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Lauramide Dea, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Dmdm Hydantoin, Tetrasodium Edta,Polyquaternium-7, Benzophenone-4, and FD & C colors. Do you see what I did there?
smh.gif

At the end of the day, a person may die early living a healthy life (lots of causes) or may die in older age living a life in-congruent with health. Be thatas it may, I am going to do what I can to have a good quality of life. I'm done arguing.

Back
Top Bottom