why do some gay people find the need to be so flamboyant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 36hypno  

Are you saying that's some sort of benefit?
Are you serious? Do you think my grandmother would'nt have like to conceal the fact that she was a grown black woman so that she didn't have to say "yes mam and yes sir" to little white children she saw on the street? Sit all the way down...
Explain to me how it is beneficial for homosexuals.
Don't even have to be part of the argument to tell you're trolling.

Explain to me how it is beneficial for homosexuals.
So its not beneficial to conceal an aspect of a yourself, that others may discriminate against, so that they can move forward in society without issue? You can't really believe otherwise. Ellen did it. She concealed that she was a homosexual until she believed that she had the platform to make a difference. Others can do the same to get ahead.

If I believe that being black may be an issue when I pursue a certain position what can I do about that? Not a damn thang. But my homosexual counterpart can do something. There is a choice that I don't have.

no but i've been to plenty of places that are 'undercover' hetero only.  nope, no public hangings, only the worst sort of abuse that makes gays kill themselves in the comfort of their own homes, ya know so the rest of the public doesn't have to see it.  nope, gays don't get hosed down, they get beaten.  

sorry bruhs, you're gonna have to accept that black people weren't even the FIRST group to be hated, abused and tortured for nothing and gays are right there in the mix.  if that offends you, you don't even understand the struggle blacks had to go through in the first place.  

Dumbest post I've read this year... Tell us more about that hardships of slavery. Since you know better than him. I'd like to talk to someone who really knows... :nerd:

Same reason people of other cultures fly their flag on their car, pride in who they are.

:lol: thread backfire

But I get what you're saying, I also don't get why many of them gotta be so out there and let EVERYBODY know. Like chill, :lol:

no but i've been to plenty of places that are 'undercover' hetero only.  nope, no public hangings, only the worst sort of abuse that makes gays kill themselves in the comfort of their own homes, ya know so the rest of the public doesn't have to see it.  nope, gays don't get hosed down, they get beaten.  

sorry bruhs, you're gonna have to accept that black people weren't even the FIRST group to be hated, abused and tortured for nothing and gays are right there in the mix.  if that offends you, you don't even understand the struggle blacks had to go through in the first place.  

Dumbest post I've read this year... Tell us more about that hardships of slavery. Since you know better than him. I'd like to talk to someone who really knows... :nerd:

It's not dumb, it's actually quite factual. African Americans were not the first people to be hated abused and tortured. It's a fact. This is not to belittle the black struggle, but the comparison between the Gay Movement and the Civil Lights Movement isn't that hard to understand.

During the civil rights movement people were attacked and abused, there were also symbols. For example, the black fist. Oh, would you look at that, in the Gay Movement we have people who were attacked and abused, as well as symbols including the equality sign, and things like the flag OP mentioned. Are they of the same severity? Not to the pubic eye, but it's possible in certain areas.

Just my two cents.

You realize he did say Native American, right? Indians aren't Native Americans and Jews aren't Native Americans either. Also the Jews, who were enslaved in Egypt are similar to the blacks enslaved in America.
If he did I apologize, I let my prejudices get the best of me. I'm used to only black people saying things like that. :/

Gay supporters love bringing black history into their argument....chill with that ****...gays deserve their rights but keep the **** blacks went through out your god damn argument

OP, your question is a loaded one to begin with. Let us broaden the question to: why does one's behavior bother another? The answer has to do with being comfortable. Comfortability, however, is a tricky proposition in a society with so much cultural, ethnic, racial and class diversity. That is why tolerance is the best policy. You don't have to like anyone else, but you sure as hell better adapt a permissive attitude to others that are different. Why? Because you'd want them to be tolerant of you. 

Are you serious? Do you think my grandmother would'nt have like to conceal the fact that she was a grown black woman so that she didn't have to say "yes mam and yes sir" to little white children she saw on the street? Sit all the way down...

And this is why comparing to two is a bad idea (and why I never did it in the first place). But it's not just about your grandma being able to walk down the street concealing her blackness. For it to be an equal comparison, she would also have to conceal her blackness from friends, family etc. etc.

Gay supporters love bringing black history into their argument....chill with that ****...gays deserve their rights but keep the **** blacks went through out your god damn argument

Martin Luther King Jr. used Ghandi as a main source with his role in the civil rights movement. Ghandi and his people went through terrible struggles. Should MLK have kept that out because someone says to "Keep the **** Indians wheat through out your god damn argument", hmm?

Nobody is belittling the Civil Rights Movement, it's being used as an example. It happens, get over it.

Edit: *went. Auto correct :stoneface:

Last edited:

And this is why comparing to two is a bad idea (and why I never did it in the first place). But it's not just about your grandma being able to walk down the street concealing her blackness. For it to be an equal comparison, she would also have to conceal her blackness from friends, family etc. etc.

You don't understand what he saying. Minorities cant hide their race ever. Gays can. Its simple

Last edited:

Martin Luther King Jr. used Ghandi as a main source with his role in the civil rights movement. Ghandi and his people went through terrible struggles. Should MLK have kept that out because someone says to "Keep the **** Indians wheat through out your god damn argument", hmm?

Nobody is belittling the Civil Rights Movement, it's being used as an example. It happens, get over it.

Edit: *went. Auto correct :stoneface:

Deaf ears fam :lol:

But it's the choice or option to not identify themselves as such which makes the two incomparable. I can't change my clothes or mannerisms to assimilate. They can. The gays have their plight and I respect it and hope they get the same rights as everyone else. However, comparing the two movements is offensive in my opinion because of what I've stated.

But it's the choice or option to not identify themselves as such which makes the two incomparable. I can't change my clothes or mannerisms to assimilate. They can. The gays have their plight and I respect it and hope they get the same rights as everyone else. However, comparing the two movements is offensive in my opinion because of what I've stated.

Ok, but you're the one that made the comparison in the first place, so I'm confused.

I'm just saying that homosexuals having the "ability" to stay in the closet is not a benefit to them.

Last edited:
Gandhi and British imperialism comes to mind. MLK drew inspiration from him.

Black people compared themselves to the Jews in Egypt throughout history.

Dude said EVER confidently.

You realize he did say Native American, right? Indians aren't Native Americans and Jews aren't Native Americans either. Also the Jews, who were enslaved in Egypt are similar to the blacks enslaved in America.

I'm sorry, I definitely meant American Indian (people sometimes call them Indigenous people.) I sometimes interchange the two due to the region in where I grew up.

To answer the thadocta's question; I believe for some, it's to show that they don't have to live in fear anymore, and that they can be themselves without having the pressure of acting like a "normal" person in American society. The heterosexual privilege is real.

Last edited:
Ok, but you're the one that made the comparison in the first place, so I'm confused.

I'm just saying that homosexuals having the "ability" to stay in the closet is not a benefit to them.

You're right. I did make that comparison in my first post. You can compare any movement with another and it is just that...a comparison. What I was trying to say is that because of the magnitude of discrimination/killings/etc. combined with the fact that blacks can't hide who they are the two movements are not in the same ballpark. We can agree to disgree on that part but that's my opinion and the opinion of others.

I believe these are some very changeable things.

But I'm stepping into an argument..I don't know premise of.  Please continue.

no they can be proud but i dont understand why they want other citizens like me on the road to know? whats their message?

@MECKS i have never seen a mexican flag on the back of a truck but if i did i would think its wierd. why would it matter to other people whether or not ur mexican or whether or not ur gay .

why do ppl want others to know about what they stand for?
Because if you don't stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything

Meh, don't have a problem with that. I see that just like any person from somewhere other than the USA hanging their national country's flag off their wheel.

The thing that bothers me is the ones that are just loud and obnoxious for no reason. Ok, you're gay and proud of it, coo, no need to broadcast it.

And no matter what you say, the struggle for sexual orientation will never equal the struggle that a race of people endured, apples to oranges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom