Why do you love ur city?

Montreal

If you've been here in the summer, you know why
smokin.gif
Been there multiple times in the summer when I was a kid visiting fam. It is wonderful.

Baltimore gets respect. I've heard so many Mc's from bmore...this dude...If he can make a song I see him on his Kendrick steeze, I'll be checking.

San Francisco,

Good weather, never too hot.
Individualism everywhere.
Creativity and rebellion go hand and hand over here.
Neighborhoods everywhere that have their own flavor, it can feel like you're going to a different city everyday if you explore enough.

To add to it.....

- Small city with tons of diversity. Cultures are still alive out here regardless of the gentrification and everything is within reach of public transportation.
- Rappers, rockers, comedians, artists, etc. love this city. You can always find a good stuff going on every weekend.
- At this point, a lot of new jobs are popping up, especially if you are in the tech field.
- No seasons in weather. Summers are never too hot. Winters are never to cold.
- Plenty of food spots and not an overload where you can't try them all.

I need to visit San Fran one day

Dallas!

Been here almost 22 years, a lot has changed.
We're rising to another level.
We want to be one of the cities that represent Texas. Houston, Austin, & Dallas.
The Texas State Fair in the fall is amazing.
Cotton Bowl, AT&T Stadium ('Boys), Globe Life Park (Rangers), & American Airlines Stadium (Mavs) are all attractions to visit.
The women in Dallas!
House of Blues
Nike Town Dallas
HOH
Pretty calm place, stay in your lane, don't go out doing extra ish and you'll fit right in.
Nice place to visit or stay.
You are welcome here anytime.
NT Dallas Summit?!

Flint, MI is where I was born and raised..
I'll always love it because of that blue-collar, gritty feel to it. Everybody works hard and gets their own. Flint made me appreciate history being that it has such a rich history and it has fallen off so hard. Absolutely nothing there for me now, but the historical sights can bring tears to one's eye. When I go home it just keeps me humble. 810 will always be #1 in my heart.

Downtown Detroit is where my mom worked and I have spent a great amount of time there...very underrated. Motor City is like Flint in that everybody is just grinding with that blue-collar mentality even though they might be a CEO. Love all my Detroit sports...got mad love for Canada. Pretty solid diversity...people don't care who they work with as long as they are willing to grind. I may move somewhere else for work but Detroit teams will always be #1 in my heart.

Being an African-American, Detroit and Flint are two great historical cities for my race. Not much to brag about, but I love the 313 and 810.

La Puente, CA

- Boca Del Rio, best burritos in the world

- In-n-Out, best burgers

- LA County where everything is 20 minutes away

- The Puente Villas

- Blackwood St

I love LA, but Puente is my Hometown 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
I ******* hate this cesspool known as "Chiraq". This piece of **** city keeps taking Ls.

Only good thing about it is that its cheaper than NYC or SF

Omaha, Nebraska -

Home of Warren Buffet
Henry Doorly Zoo, one of the best in the world
College World Series
Some of the best steakhouses in the world
Wasn't really affected by the recession/depression of '08 low cost of living, low unemployment rate

Because its the city of Angels

He asked me where I came from
I told him where you headed
Back to LA
I said baby what you reppin'
I got these ideas and I'm tryin to make records
So when the train stops this time I'm a catch it

:smile:

I love LA because even though its dirty and the streets are full of potholes there's just a certain style that people from here have. In LA you have to be fresh, even if its in your own way, to be taken seriously at all.

There's a lot of reasons but that one comes to mind currently.

Providence, RI

We get snow storms.
We get 90+ degree (Fahrenheit) weather.
We get everything in between the two.
Providence has a dope definition.
All types of businesses and they are close to each other (physically).
Many walks of life.
Easy to find/step out of your comfort zone.

Memphis born and raised...

-The musical heritage..
-The Best BBQ
-Cost of Living
-Hook ups at the Nike Factory
-Short winters..
-North Memphis, South Memphis, West Wood, Orange Mound, Blackhaven, Raliegh, The Bay :pimp:
-Memphis in May
-Southern Heritage Classic weekend or "The Classic" as we call it.
-Jookin
-Flickin
-Going Downtown on the river on Sundays. The breeze off dat water :pimp:
-I miss the OG Mid South Fair... It used to be :pimp:
-Our Slang :pimp:

Last edited:
Memphis born and raised...

-The musical heritage..
-The Best BBQ
-Cost of Living
-Hook ups at the Nike Factory
-Short winters..
-North Memphis, South Memphis, West Wood, Orange Mound, Blackhaven, Raliegh, The Bay :pimp:
-Memphis in May
-Southern Heritage Classic weekend or "The Classic" as we call it.
-Jookin
-Flickin
-Going Downtown on the river on Sundays. The breeze off dat water :pimp:
-I miss the OG Mid South Fair... It used to be :pimp:
-Our Slang :pimp:
View media item 1011241

The Twin Cities area, but specifically, South Minneapolis. It is one of the few true melting pots that I've ever witnessed, and I consider myself lucky to have been born and raised in the Powderhorn area.

When I was coming up, Minneapolis was just starting to be known for violence. My cousin and I literally found someone shot in the back in our apartment's yard when we were kids. People coined phrases like "Murderapolis". Through a series of odd occurrences, I even lived on Lowry over on the north side when they shut it down THE ENTIRE street in the late 90s because of all the drug traffic. It was really live like that here :lol:

But I loved it. There was violence, gangs, and all of that...but I distinctly remember playing at Powderhorn park (the orange one, for everyone in 612) and seeing gang bangers playing basketball with rival gang members to show respect, people from all walks of life getting together and enjoying events like the Mayday Parade, Movie Night at the Park, and all kinds of other great community building events.

A lot of that changed now, and Minneapolis just feels like another generic city these days...but South Minneapolis in the 90s, and especially the Powderhorn neighborhood, was a very close knit community. Everyone knew everyone, and despite the many different groups that were present (on my block alone we had people from Germany, Mexico, and Vietnam) we all made it work and got along. Minneapolis is a pretty big city, but at that time, in that neighborhood, it had a lot of the small town qualities that people know and love. It was a very unique city...but a lot of that is dying down.
Why do you think is generic nowadays?

DMV is where its at NOVA DC MD money power people from all over the world great grub and some of the smartest people in the US live in the area

DMV is where its at NOVA DC MD money power people from all over the world great grub and some of the smartest people in the US live in the area
downtown silver spring on a warm day... oh man the females

Oxnard aka Little Chicago (as it was known before)

- beaches are dope.

- perfect weather year-round.

- majority of girls are hot but their attitudes suck.

- good food

- located perfectly. just outside of LA if I need some city life or next to Malibu if I need some chill mellowness.

- small town with a big city feel.

Last edited:
Tucson, AZ

It ain't that great. Weather during every season not named summer is dope, easy to get around, not violent, cheap to live in etc etc

Its an area of 1 million people that feels like much less than that

Back
Top Bottom