Why do you think the XX2's sold so poorly?

I know this is an old thread but back in 2007 when these dropped, I didn't care too much for these and now I do. The shoe is amazing and not only that, it is still highly under-appreciated and it should get more attention imo. I love the shoe and I am looking for a pair that I can add into my collection. I agree with some people on here who said the shoe was overpriced. I don't recall seeing those get discounted but I'm quite sure they did in my area, I just didn't pay attention.

Crazy to see this thread today, because lately I've been seeing Air Jordan XX2s EVERWHERE! Even a few pairs that were in new condition. But to answer the question, I don't think any new model has sold better than retros since 2000.

I truly believe that the retro craze took off because of people in my age range (old enough to remember all the Air Jordan releases, but too young to have bought them all for ourselves). I believe this because of the '94 retro run and the poor response. The people 5-10 years older felt liked they'd been there and done that, plus why buy OLD shoes when you're living the midst of Nike's heyday? 1994 had too much heat to be checkin' for some out dated sneakers (speaking from a '90s mind state of course).

As for people saying how terrible the XX2 was, It wasn't that great, but as people have already stated before, it had a lot of untapped potential.

I though these were nice.......

Imo, they looked uninspired compared to most air jordans released before and after.
I love my XX1 and regret to missed out the XX3.
But the XX2 are not outstanding though not ugly either. I prefer the 2012 and XX8 over the XX2.

Yea these weren't bulky at all. Now the xx1 is a different story.

I agree, and the XX1 was a overall plain shoe. There was a pair of Team Jordans around that time period that resembled the XX1 and was way cheaper. Only pair of XX1's I like are the red suedes...

I never understood the lacelock or whatever it is.

the xx2 has the best lacelock i have ever seen.

pinch to insert the diagonals, loop through top lace holes and back through the middle hole of the lock ending with a standard tie. the secure lock is second to none.

Last edited:
Quality was good. Comfort was good. They would've sold more if they weren't competing with 100 different retro releases at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom