Why do you think the XX2's sold so poorly?

not too fly for the price, and the pe's were
indifferent.gif

PEs sucked

and colorways were so/so
basketball one was a flop but I think a few years from now will be well received

The Black/ Red XX2s sold alright, and IMO, they are highly underrated. I've been beating up on my pair for the past year, and they still look
pimp.gif
Quality on these shoes is pretty nice.

As for your question, besides the black/red XX2s, there were only the original white XX2s and the omegas, a total of only 3 mid colorways. I think JB shouldhave done more colorways for these shoes, instead of making like 5 PEs.

Edit: Oops, I forget about the leather basketball one, but those along the Omegas with the photograph on the side were just
sick.gif

basketball xx2's are still on shelves

where they belong

i really hope they don't become the next shoe to receive the revisionist history treatment in years to come

Sold poorly based off Niketalk standards....

Just because a shoe doesn't immediately sell out, doesn't neccessary make it a failure. I'm willing to bet they still outsold Wades, Iversons, andTMacs, and Kobes.

I no people will prolly kill me for sayin' this but I think that untill recently the J's fell off after the thirteens. The 22's were a lil betterbut not by muc!
smokin.gif

They topped sales figures around release time. For a $180 + shoe at a time when an economy isn't doing that well, it's a respectable level of success.

1. Price
2. I hope your not comparing these sales to retro sales.
3. IMO, it was a lame and uninspired shoe. That's the reason I didn't buy them at first.

However, I did get the black/red pair for $50 a few weeks ago. I hear they are excellent on the court. I mean, they are, or rather were, new Air Jordans. Ican't wait to break them out on the court this summer.

I think they sold poorly because they tried to do too much, the basketball joint sold like crack, of course the BREDS did as well. The White ones and theOmega's and all the PE's you can still find on Eastbay or maybe in your local Nike Factory Store by now. If they would have came out with the realPE's that Team Jordan Members actually play in, they probably would of sold. But the whole city on the side of the shoe was a horrible idea. The best XX2saw was the Chris Paul PE from last year. Not to mention they were overpriced compared to the XX3, ten dollars more then the XX2 and awhole lot better qualityof a shoe.

Originally Posted by SneakerAFI

I think they sold poorly because they tried to do too much, the basketball joint sold like crack, of course the BREDS did as well. The White ones and the Omega's and all the PE's you can still find on Eastbay or maybe in your local Nike Factory Store by now. If they would have came out with the real PE's that Team Jordan Members actually play in, they probably would of sold. But the whole city on the side of the shoe was a horrible idea. The best XX2 saw was the Chris Paul PE from last year. Not to mention they were overpriced compared to the XX3, ten dollars more then the XX2 and awhole lot better quality of a shoe.

actually the WHITE pair was the first pair to sell out, i work for footlocker, and you CANNOT find any whites on the database.

Dont know why but most OG Jordans didnt really sell out eaither. I bet once they retro people would appreciate them more, kinda like the Grapes which sat onthe shelves when they first realesed

Originally Posted by clarkent231245

I no people will prolly kill me for sayin' this but I think that untill recently the J's fell off after the thirteens. The 22's were a lil better but not by muc!
smokin.gif
They won't kill you for having an opinion but they will probably get on you for saying "no" instead of know. IMO... They didn't sellwell because of the price when they first came out and the style. No one wanted to pay the price for a "been there! done that!" type of shoe. Dontget me wrong I love the 22s but when you look at it...its like blah!!! Give it more time when you can barely find the 22s then everyone will be wanting themand saying, "man! Should of bought it when I had the chance"

pimp.gif
Quality on these shoes is pretty nice.

These were weak quality as well, bought some for indoor B-ball, and Ripped a huge whole in them on the side. They suck just like the rest. I only wore themlike 10- 12 times before they ripped.

If they kept them lookin like
6a2250ae87311624cffacee6c673089c050573e.pjpg
7f525b2e83370602c8ea73da8ed652e3d993823.pjpg
4062504e0f3516dcc56abbf36c64cb75eaea0c0.pjpg

They quite possibly could have been the greatest jordan of all time

Back
Top Bottom