Why Does Feminism Scare You?

Take body positivity for example.
It is totally true that the patriarchy has cause a great deal of psychological harm to women and the perception of their own bodies.

but as the body positivity movement has spread, society if anything has become much MORE fixated on men's bodies and physical appearance.
we are more exposed than ever to what women want in men physically.

and If you listen to popular music, you need to be 6 foot 6, have a 6 pack and a 16 inch penis. :lol:
and combine that with women's desire for men to be productive, leaders, high earners ect.

the standard for men is higher than ever.

according to the NHS there has been a 70% rise in eating disorders among men and steroid use has quadrupled.

So if you're a young man observing this;

- women's self perception is higher than ever, they are all Queens, they are 10's regardless of their weight.
- it's become totally verboten for men to express any desire for physical fitness. -
- its totally cool to mock men who don't meet those standards as ****bois, brokebois ect

the standards for men are more stringent than ever

is it any wonder why we've seen a rise in incels,
or dudes like Kevin Samuels or Jordan Peterson railing against feminists?

you could argue that this is totally just, and men should just have to deal with the shoe being on the other foot.
and I might even agree. but the gap creates space for weird ideologies to take hold in young men.

I wish we could look up this same topic 20 years ago on here and see the change almost in real time.

you could argue that this is totally just, and men should just have to deal with the shoe being on the other foot.
and I might even agree. but the gap creates space for weird ideologies to take hold in young men.

That’s exactly what it is.

Having been on dating sites for about 6 months now i’m making my peace with the fact i may have to wife a real doll :lol:

Kevin Samuels and Jordan Peterson aren't the same exactly.

but i think young men tend to be drawn to them for similar reasons
frustration with modern gender dynamics.

That’s exactly what it is.

Having been on dating sites for about 6 months now i’m making my peace with the fact i may have to wife a real doll :lol:

the thing is, and the part I think Kevin Samuels is correct about is

women still want to have children and have a family and find a husband and if you want to do that you would be much better off lowering you expectations a bit and getting in better shape.

holding out for the 6'5, 26 year old CEO, harvard graduate, michael b jordan look a like
who ALSO loves fat women is a waste of time.

so even tho the shoe is on the other foot id irgue both women and men are losing/frustrated with the current dynamic.

So feminists say women want more money , when in reality women want less?

Give me an example, i know it's gonna be bs but I'll play along.

Feminist say women want opportunities to occupy the boardroom, sit at the CEO desk, become engineers, investment bankers, etc...

In reality women don't want to work 12 to 16 hours days. Women don't want to be the primary source of income in the household, women don't want to major in STEM fields in college. women DO want to be married with children to highly paid men.

Feminist say women want opportunities to occupy the boardroom, sit at the CEO desk, become engineers, investment bankers, etc...

In reality women don't want to work 12 to 16 hours days. Women don't want to be the primary source of income in the household, women don't want to major in STEM fields in college. women DO want to be married with children to highly paid men.

Lol no one wants to work 12 to 16 hours.. that ain't the American dream.

That being said women are objectively harder working than men. Dealing with misogynists and sexists assumptions about their work ethic from pos men only adds to it. There is no stereotype of the hard working single father who works 3 jobs to raise his kids. Women are harder workers, I can say that from personal experience. Men know they can get away with slacking off.

I feel most of the things you are saying but the vast majority of women don't want to be engineers man

That's another misconception that leads to disparities. Old white dudes used to think women didn't want to be doctors. Now women are on a momentum to take over men. If you tell someone something long enough they start to believe it. Many sexist men raise their daughters with this maladaptive mentality.

It's like how for the longest athlete was the ceiling for black men as a career. It all comes down to socialization, nothing inherent about it.

That's another misconception that leads to disparities. Old white dudes used to think women didn't want to be doctors. Now women are on a momentum to take over men. If you tell someone something long enough they start to believe it. Many sexist men raise their daughters with this maladaptive mentality.

It's like how for the longest athlete was the ceiling for black men as a career. It all comes down to socialization, nothing inherent about it.

https://www.census.gov/library/stor...m-occupations-but-still-underrepresented.html

your children become what you encourage them to become. If you want your kids to lay brick, they will aspire to become the best brick layer this side of the Mississippi.

lol you do know most of those women STEM aren't American born, right?

show us the figures of women who major in STEM.
show me any proof that "the vast majority of women" wants to do something in STEM

Kevin Samuels and Jordan Peterson aren't the same exactly.

but i think young men tend to be drawn to them for similar reasons
frustration with modern gender dynamics.
That and a need for men to have tribes and forums of discussion outside of sports and useless competitiveness which is a de facto fuel for capitalism and not healthy social dynamics .

lol you do know most of those women STEM aren't American born, right?

show us the figures of women who major in STEM.
show me any proof that "the vast majority of women" wants to do something in STEM

I never said the vast majority of women want to do stem. I'm saying there are systemic reasons that prevent more women from pursuing STEM fields. But society continues to evolve in spite of resistance from people like the men in here.

Another issue with feminism... They are quick to say my body my choice. This is MY baby. I birthed them. I bond with them better than you. But then they have a shocked pikachu face when the man no longer feels connected. Both parents are needed to conceive. biology has given women more burden in the process but if that's to be used as leverage AGAINST the man, then it's not equal. Many men didn't want children to begin with and express that. But feminist aren't out screaming his semen his choice or his wallet his choice. Just like men EXPECT to pay for the date to entertain a woman and get laid. They expect to provide for their family. They aren't out abandoning kids in droves. Women aren't reporting all these abusive scenarios at the rate that they choose to leave relationships.

Again outside of abuse and infidelity, the child is better off with 2 parents. Emotional distance? Apathy? Go to counseling for that. It's not about higher odds.. A single parent household literally can't provide all the social and emotional needs of the child. Sure the child can make do.

If you guys want to abandon the nuclear family ideal as archaic Maga nonsense, that's fine. Say no one needs anyone, but the cost of raising a child and retirement vs. wages is really not supporting good outcomes and media and culture will have to shift to show far more depiction of that lifestyle as normal because kids grow up reading and watching content involving mom AND dad. Feminism doubled the labor force what do you believe that does for wages and benefits?

I've already said I could careless who the breadwinner is. Women should have the right to make equal pay. But men aren't naturally fulfilling domestic roles because they are still EXPECTED, to provide for the household and women select men with that mindset. Many men would love to marry a rich woman and stay at home. But would a woman choose to keep them.. Unlikely. It's women who hold onto gender roles. But only when it benefits them.
I always advocated that the man should absolutely have a say on the birth of a child. Using child to leverage the situation is downright evil, but let's not forget that both parties could be at fault. But I've never seen feminists specifically speak on this issue in particular.

Whether counseling is needed or not, there are a lot of variables that can negatively effect the upbringing of a child with two parents or not. I know plenty of successful people who were raised by their mom alone. A single parent can absolutely provide the wisdom that is needed for a child to be successful at life. It's not about the kid making due, it's about the parent fulfilling the needs of a child and cultivating them with proper parenting so they're prepared to handle what life throws at them. Conversely, I know plenty of 2 parent household in which the kid turns for the worst.

Of course being a single parent will have obstacles that's harder to overcome as opposed to both parents supporting the household, but I don't see any feminists encouraging the notion of strictly becoming a single parent.

So you believe since more women are working, it's hindering the job market? I gotta at least see some sort of supportive evidence of this. The job market is being more effecting by companies moving there facilities overseas for cheap labor, requiring more qualifications than before such as degrees and certificates, and cheap entry-level companies nickel and diming employees to maximize their revenue. Women working their way into the job market is the least of our concern.

There are alot of women that expect men to be the breadwinner AND men that expect women to be the care-takers. What I'm saying is we have to stop thinking that this is what it strictly has to be. If you want a woman that cooks and cleans, that's fine. If a woman wants a man that makes the money, that's okay. But when you set those expectations that everyone should live by that, it's an asinine mindset and it shouldn't be weird to promote the non-conventional lifestyle. Also women mostly promote that because they've hisorically gotten the short end of the stick until recent times.

Feminist may seem extreme and unnecessary to most, but they only turn to extreme means because women have been treated like second-class citizens in most of history. From the Roman empire to 1950s America, women held less rights, made less money, and had less opportunity. Of course they're going to go hard to the paint, they have to make up for a history full of short-comings that even these days they still face. So let's not act like they're just trying to make life for men living hell just because, there's very understandable reasons that they fight hard and turn to extreme means. This is why I always say, it's good to be knowledgeable about history to continue to make progress going forth, if you want to better society as a whole.

Last edited:

I want to see some study that supports this. I mean the last point is highly pushed by the media and entertainment, but the three points above it is some bold statements.

The assertion that women don’t want all those things is ridiculous. They want the opportunity to have both. A person shouldn’t be forced to sacrifice having a family so they can excel in their career. This goes for men too. And no one wants to work 12-16 hour days. No one should be. This is coming from a woman with a doctorate in the medical field who regularly works those long hours. My husband didn’t make as much money as I did when I met him. Neither of us cared. He makes more money than me now. Neither of us care. We’re both happy the other is successful.

Anyways, my point is having a family is a lot of work and usually one member of the family has to curb their ambitions for the sake of the unit. It isn’t always as simple as oh women don’t want to work. Sure there are plenty of gold diggers out there. I won’t argue there, but I can’t get behind the idea that women have no ambitions beyond milking some guy for his cash. Either way a job is a very fulfilling part of life and men and women deserve an equal opportunity to succeed in their desired field

Last edited:
I never said the vast majority of women want to do stem. I'm saying there are systemic reasons that prevent more women from pursuing STEM fields. But society continues to evolve in spite of resistance from people like the men in here.

look at your response to my comment of a vast majority of women

"That's another misconception that leads to disparities."

Back
Top Bottom