Why don't sportcasters keep it real about Lebron?

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by amel223

Oh, and amel, I'm glad you were able to pull yourself away from your D-Rose shrine to dismiss me. Good for you.

"Stephen Curry is a better defender than Monta Ellis"

"Lebron has the most explosive first step in the league"

"Chris Paul is by far the best point guard this year"

I'm sorry, but you make it hard not to. 
-They're both terrible, but I think Curry is slightly less terrible. Mainly because he's more a point guard, and thus matches up better size-wise with the respective position.
-I said, "one of...."
-The "by far" was correct at the time, but I still think he's the better point man.

I don't care to look up the ridiculous crap you've said, but suffice to say, I couldn't care less what you think about basketball.
Then why bother responding?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by amel223

Oh, and amel, I'm glad you were able to pull yourself away from your D-Rose shrine to dismiss me. Good for you.

"Stephen Curry is a better defender than Monta Ellis"

"Lebron has the most explosive first step in the league"

"Chris Paul is by far the best point guard this year"

I'm sorry, but you make it hard not to. 
-They're both terrible, but I think Curry is slightly less terrible. Mainly because he's more a point guard, and thus matches up better size-wise with the respective position.
-I said, "one of...."
-The "by far" was correct at the time, but I still think he's the better point man.

I don't care to look up the ridiculous crap you've said, but suffice to say, I couldn't care less what you think about basketball.
Then why bother responding?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

I man not a Lebron fan, but to hate on his game
30t6p3b.gif

Where - anywhere in this thread - did I "hate" on his game. It would be different if I came in here and made a first post that said "He has no first step!
roll.gif
" and bounced. But I've tried to post videos; I've used up my 25/post limit trying to explain what I'm talking about; I've sacrificed my own fandom of McGrady just to prove my point. I haven't been a hater one time.

Trak1sh wrote:
Op is a herb

laugh.gif

Type of cat that has plenty of post but consistently goes in threads and adds nothing. Dude got the NT career of a Extra
laugh.gif
 But I see you kid...get them post.

I'm not saying Lebron isn't a great player. I'm not even saying he can't score. What I'm saying is that truthfully when you break down his game, his scoring is undependable. He can not score like a successful go-to-guy should. If the offense is built around DWade and Lebron continues to score like he does, then it's fine. He's not the primary scorer and like many 2nd options have proved, just adding the scoring throughout the game is enough for you to be successful. Like I said, my beef is when people associate his game with the best in the world or say he has an "explosive" first step when he doesn't.

Games on today!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

I man not a Lebron fan, but to hate on his game
30t6p3b.gif

Where - anywhere in this thread - did I "hate" on his game. It would be different if I came in here and made a first post that said "He has no first step!
roll.gif
" and bounced. But I've tried to post videos; I've used up my 25/post limit trying to explain what I'm talking about; I've sacrificed my own fandom of McGrady just to prove my point. I haven't been a hater one time.

Trak1sh wrote:
Op is a herb

laugh.gif

Type of cat that has plenty of post but consistently goes in threads and adds nothing. Dude got the NT career of a Extra
laugh.gif
 But I see you kid...get them post.

I'm not saying Lebron isn't a great player. I'm not even saying he can't score. What I'm saying is that truthfully when you break down his game, his scoring is undependable. He can not score like a successful go-to-guy should. If the offense is built around DWade and Lebron continues to score like he does, then it's fine. He's not the primary scorer and like many 2nd options have proved, just adding the scoring throughout the game is enough for you to be successful. Like I said, my beef is when people associate his game with the best in the world or say he has an "explosive" first step when he doesn't.

Games on today!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Yall dudes are missing the big picture. The only thing that matters in basketball is winning. Skills, athleticism, and all that good stuff comes second at the end of the day dudes are recognized by their accomplishments not facets of their games.

Yall dudes are missing the big picture. The only thing that matters in basketball is winning. Skills, athleticism, and all that good stuff comes second at the end of the day dudes are recognized by their accomplishments not facets of their games.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

laugh.gif
 Tell that to Michael. Tell that to Kobe. Tell that to Bird. Hell, tell that to Rose.

Nobody is missing the big picture. If we have learned anything from sports and when talking about ranking players and what not...it's that winning isn't enough. It's a 1a 1c importance when talking about how good a player was. Their accomplishments are first, but majority of what makes them a "legend" is the subjective stuff. 

How come Duncan has 4 rings, considered the best PF of all time in many circles...yet - a guy like Anfernee Hardaway has no rings and truthfully had a superstar career that lasted from like 95 to 98 - has probably triple the amount of personal fans Duncan has? Some of yall aint "seeing the big picture".

laugh.gif
 Tell that to Michael. Tell that to Kobe. Tell that to Bird. Hell, tell that to Rose.

Nobody is missing the big picture. If we have learned anything from sports and when talking about ranking players and what not...it's that winning isn't enough. It's a 1a 1c importance when talking about how good a player was. Their accomplishments are first, but majority of what makes them a "legend" is the subjective stuff. 

How come Duncan has 4 rings, considered the best PF of all time in many circles...yet - a guy like Anfernee Hardaway has no rings and truthfully had a superstar career that lasted from like 95 to 98 - has probably triple the amount of personal fans Duncan has? Some of yall aint "seeing the big picture".

"What I'm saying is that truthfully when you break down his game, his scoring is undependable. He can not score like a successful go-to-guy should."

Are you READING your own $%% you type
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Just STOP dude. We get it, you don't like his first step. It's just like I didn't like Shaq's three-point and ft shooting. Guess what though? In his prime he was STILL the most dominant force in the league, and anyone who didn't see that is simply being stupid.

STOP nitpicking, and recognize that LBJ's stregnths >>>>>>>>>>> a "slow" first step. CLEARLY he's done quite well without it as shown time and time again in the data which you STILL refuse to acknowledge. You ain't got any proof to show otherwise, and your harping on "subjective" arguments is just that, SUBJECTIVE (and by your posts it doesn't seem like you even know what the word means). Which doesn't fly if you're out to prove something.

"What I'm saying is that truthfully when you break down his game, his scoring is undependable. He can not score like a successful go-to-guy should."

Are you READING your own $%% you type
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Just STOP dude. We get it, you don't like his first step. It's just like I didn't like Shaq's three-point and ft shooting. Guess what though? In his prime he was STILL the most dominant force in the league, and anyone who didn't see that is simply being stupid.

STOP nitpicking, and recognize that LBJ's stregnths >>>>>>>>>>> a "slow" first step. CLEARLY he's done quite well without it as shown time and time again in the data which you STILL refuse to acknowledge. You ain't got any proof to show otherwise, and your harping on "subjective" arguments is just that, SUBJECTIVE (and by your posts it doesn't seem like you even know what the word means). Which doesn't fly if you're out to prove something.

Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

laugh.gif

Lol you comparing a legit GOAT in his position to Penny?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Some of yall are really nut riding some of these 90's ball players.

I'll document this dude's scoring after the first half and after the game. Watch what I'm talking about.

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'll document this dude's scoring after the first half and after the game. Watch what I'm talking about.

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Not saying it's right...It is pretty absurd.

but am I right?...

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Not saying it's right...It is pretty absurd.

but am I right?...

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Missed his First two baskets of the first Half

3rd Basket: Drive to the hoop. Goal-tend. Defender still had a chance for the block. Reason: Not enough seperation from defender. A score on a goal tend is not always dependable.

4th Basket: Score in the Fast court. Does not constitute as a halfcourt score.

5th Basket: Big man type of put back. Is this a dependable/go to guy score in the half court? nope. Fans though...chant MVP after the basket. lol

6th shot: Had a screen. Called it off. Couldn't beat man, shoots ugly jumper.

7th basket: Layup to the basket. Really didn't get any seperation and threw up such a ugly shot hoping for the foul too. Makes layup bc of he's talented...but You can look at the layup and see what I'm talking about when I say "undependable". That layup does not have a great chance in critical situations.

8th basket: Pull up three. TMAC II.

9th basket: Can't drive to the basket all the way so he passes to teammate. Gets ball back for side corner 3.

Yet - Lebron has 15 points. On track to average 30. But is he REALLY scoring like a dependable first option/go to guy?

Any errors? 

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Missed his First two baskets of the first Half

3rd Basket: Drive to the hoop. Goal-tend. Defender still had a chance for the block. Reason: Not enough seperation from defender. A score on a goal tend is not always dependable.

4th Basket: Score in the Fast court. Does not constitute as a halfcourt score.

5th Basket: Big man type of put back. Is this a dependable/go to guy score in the half court? nope. Fans though...chant MVP after the basket. lol

6th shot: Had a screen. Called it off. Couldn't beat man, shoots ugly jumper.

7th basket: Layup to the basket. Really didn't get any seperation and threw up such a ugly shot hoping for the foul too. Makes layup bc of he's talented...but You can look at the layup and see what I'm talking about when I say "undependable". That layup does not have a great chance in critical situations.

8th basket: Pull up three. TMAC II.

9th basket: Can't drive to the basket all the way so he passes to teammate. Gets ball back for side corner 3.

Yet - Lebron has 15 points. On track to average 30. But is he REALLY scoring like a dependable first option/go to guy?

Any errors? 

We're thru 3 quarters of this NBA playoff game, Lebron hasn't hit a shot outside 2 feet.......

Zero.

But nobody talks about it. 
30t6p3b.gif

We're thru 3 quarters of this NBA playoff game, Lebron hasn't hit a shot outside 2 feet.......

Zero.

But nobody talks about it. 
30t6p3b.gif

OP is right, Lebron can't create on his own. You dudes want to talk about his power and speed and hops, but he still can't go one on one, every drive depends on him getting a screen.

OP is right, Lebron can't create on his own. You dudes want to talk about his power and speed and hops, but he still can't go one on one, every drive depends on him getting a screen.

Back
Top Bottom