why is it ok to put 'NIKE AIR' on the back of bootleggish AFJordans?

Originally Posted by NeptunesFinest

The "Nike Air" thing really gets to me along with most of what JB stands for these days. In the Black/Cement IV CDP thread, there seemed to be an equal mix of people saying they hated the new 08 retro and wouldn't buy it and the sheep that will buy anything JB feeds them. The sheep say that people shouldn't complain. We should "take what we can get". Why? Why do people not demand more when we are paying premium prices for garbage wal-mart quality shoes?
I remember back in '99 when the retro IV's dropped and I felt like I was looking at a reproduction of the actual AJ IV's. I mean, they were Air Jordan IV's! Same thing with the V's and VI's. The retro's these days are not the same. They lack the retro feel. They lack Jordan quality. (What ever happened to "Quality Basketball Products Inspired by the Greatest Player on Earth"?) What I think many people don't realize is that the "Nike Air" is a MAJOR contributing factor to the overall design of shoes from that era (Late 80's/Early 90's). To take that and just remove it just destroys the design of the shoe. I use the IV's as an example because JB really killed that shoe and it happens to be my favorite Jordan. What's the MAIN design detail on the IV? It's the heel plate. Why on earth would you change something so prominent.
Gentry's argument that he want's to protect the collectors is complete B.S. How many people have a pair of WEARABLE O.G. Jordan 1-6? Probably nobody. Hell, most of the '99 retros are unwearable now. I think most of these collectors would gladly accept a fresh pair of O.G's that they could actually wear.
Anyway, I feel sorry for all you high schoolers now. You have to shell out $350 for a 2 pack that contains 1 pair of 'retros' that has been heavily altered from it's original form and one pair that is almost universally hated. Back in the day when I was in high school, a pair of retro Nike Air Jordans was $100 and they were in their original form. Oh yea, and the new Air Jordans were actually something to behold. Eff you Gentry.

I agree with you 100 percent. Its a joke now, to what it used to be.

solezprogression wrote:
^^ Agreed. The stubby toe makes them look like some DC shoes instead of a basketball shoe.

And to all you whiners and complainer talkin bout "no nike air... no nike air.... wahhhh wahhh wahhh"... get the F over it, jeez. It is now known as JORDAN BRAND. The symbol for JORDAN BRAND is the JUMPMAN. THE JUMPMAN WILL BE ON EVERY JORDAN BRAND SHOE FROM NOW UNTIL INFINITY. If you don't like the jumpman then don't buy jordans and shut your f-ing mouth about it and quit actin like a bunch of 4 year olds who dropped their icecream cone on the ground. The jumpman looks better than a coupla stupid words anyway.

solezprogression wrote:

I'm laughing my *!% off at all you people complaining about Nike Air and the quality of retros these days. I'm 27. I was around to witness the entire Jordan legacy unfold. Honestly I don't care that much about the Nike Air. Admittedly it would make the shoes better if they remained true to the OG's, but in the end WHO CARES!!! This is funny to me because all you whiners and complainers still buy the shoes, so you're walking contradictions. Either quit buying Jordans alltogether or shut up and take what they give you. But complaining about it and buying the shoes anyway doesn't do anyone any good (including yourselves).
HYPOCRITE!!!
smh.gif

haha gentry said, its a reward to the early collectors. how long does he think those ogs can hold up for??few more years and most ogs are unwearable.which mostare already

Back
Top Bottom