WHY PEOPLE GO CRAZY OVER KANYE? EXPLAIN!

I hate when people say 808's is a groundbreaking album. I'll give it to him for the production but that's it.
I'm convinced that people that like this and listen to mostly hip hop think this is an artistic masterpiece.
The only thing it's changed for music is that we get even more auto-tune now. You want some real art? Listen to some Prince or Hendrix. Those guys usedreal instruments they played to make their music and don't have to resort to disguising their vocals.

Originally Posted by zube42

I hate when people say 808's is a groundbreaking album. I'll give it to him for the production but that's it.
I'm convinced that people that like this and listen to mostly hip hop think this is an artistic masterpiece.
The only thing it's changed for music is that we get even more auto-tune now. You want some real art? Listen to some Prince or Hendrix. Those guys used real instruments they played to make their music and don't have to resort to disguising their vocals.
exactly

you summed it up perfectly

another thing that i've never understood was how some people (on here at least) can call him a genius

how the hell is he genius?

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Originally Posted by Born To Be Fly

Kanye is the best MUSICIAN right now and in the end he will be the best ever.
You have gone too far...
way too far, i can argue he's not even really a musician but thats not the point right now

I love Kanye cause he is a figure in hip hop doing stuff that is distinct and different than anyone else out there. I always say the best artists are the onesthat stand out with their own unique style that defines them and is great at the same time. I wasn't the biggest fan of 808s, I liked parts of it, but noother artist in hip hop could get away with making that album and doing it at the level he did. I respect that.

Originally Posted by Lbruce89

The only thing it's changed for music is that we get even more auto-tune now. You want some real art? Listen to some Prince or Hendrix. Those guys used real instruments they played to make their music and don't have to resort to disguising their vocals.
exactly

you summed it up perfectly

another thing that i've never understood was how some people (on here at least) can call him a genius

how the hell is he genius?
I agree with zube but Prince and Hendrix aint Hip Hop acts...I think that's what makes that particular album stand out a little more. I'mnot gonna get all Kanye-stannish on you, but i'd put him as a borderline HIP HOP genius.

i'm just not seeing it

what is it about his hip-hop career that separates him from other rappers that have been consistent throughout their careers?

Originally Posted by Lbruce89

i'm just not seeing it

what is it about his hip-hop career that separates him from other rappers that have been consistent throughout their careers?
I would love to hear this as well.

If you would of witnessed him live at the Glow in the Dark Tour, you would of respected the man.. to ones that hate on him..

How has he changed music by adding more autotune? There were tons of people on autotune before Ye and people who used it after...He used autotunefor ONE album..when he wasn't even supposed to drop 808s.

what separates him? Kanye makes original hip hop, and expresses himself through music. That's what sets him apart from this generation ofrappers.

808s has been temporary career suicide for dude to some people..
smh.gif

to each is own, kanye makes music for his fanbase, if you aren't a fan you shouldn't care, otherwise you're just hating.

Homoesexuality is just becoming more accepted in our culture.

Kanye Is really artistic when it come to music.

I hear people saying he cant Rap. You guys cant be serious his lyrics and word play puts him up there.
I respect 808s love the album.
A lot of people might not like it because its only singing and %%*% and not actually hip hop but he just wanted to do something different.
ANDRE 3000 THE LOVE BELOW is one of my favorite albums and he did what kanye did and switched it up for a change.

Kanye is nice at what he does maybe his cockyness @@%%@ it up but then again if i was nice as him ill probebly be the same way.

Originally Posted by tmukg21

He has made 4 straight good albums one being a near classic imo . How he dresses has no affect on me listening to his music

The way an artist dress doesnt affect thier music period.
Because if it did Prince or MJ (RIP) wouldnt have gotten as big as they did.

What is wrong with you fam ? The fact that people like kanye, some more than others, really bothers you like that ? Did you know that this ting called music isa genre of choice ? People CHOOSE who or who they don't want to listen to, there is no such thing as a wrong opinion. Relax...sensitive thugs, they allneed hugs.

I liked Kanye when he first came out, but now, like dude on pg 1 said, he's like a diva. IMO he helped turn hip hop into a freakin fashion show. I'vehad enough of this dude, and being on NT doesn't help either.

Originally Posted by M16

Homoesexuality is just becoming more accepted in our culture.
You would know
laugh.gif
. You think fans of his music think he's gay? Only people who don't like him say that @$+@.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

He's an average rapper with the personality of a diva....I miss the old producing Kanye. Don't respect this guy at all

By "old producing Kanye" you mean the one that was always in the back? The one that was always in the shadows of Jay-Z and Dame patiently waitingfor his time to shine?

Back
Top Bottom