Why the hell was that R.I.P thread locked???

12 days between the last reply... bumping from 10 pages deep?
the thread had run its course.

edit
if the OP of that thread wants it still open.. then fine, I'll reopen it...but seems to me that he's not even replying to it anymore

12 days between the last reply... bumping from 10 pages deep?
the thread had run its course.

edit
if the OP of that thread wants it still open.. then fine, I'll reopen it...but seems to me that he's not even replying to it anymore

Dirty,

Is there a way to bring back the older format before the Yuku switch? where after a certain number of pages, threads simply were deleted and disappeared forever. While helpful that people could use the current system to look up past threads/questions/topics, we see how often the same repeated topics still come up... plus people can now gravedig and bring back threads from 2 years ago.

I don't know the details, but couldn't that help the issue with NT and our servers?

Dirty,

Is there a way to bring back the older format before the Yuku switch? where after a certain number of pages, threads simply were deleted and disappeared forever. While helpful that people could use the current system to look up past threads/questions/topics, we see how often the same repeated topics still come up... plus people can now gravedig and bring back threads from 2 years ago.

I don't know the details, but couldn't that help the issue with NT and our servers?

That's the thing. We actually wanted that, but Yuku said they would be able to have the ability to keep everything forever, and now all these server lags are related to having unlimited pages.

we've asked for an automatic prunning feature.. hasn't happened.

That's the thing. We actually wanted that, but Yuku said they would be able to have the ability to keep everything forever, and now all these server lags are related to having unlimited pages.

we've asked for an automatic prunning feature.. hasn't happened.

To say a thread like that has "ran its course" is straight disrespectful. Someone wanting to give their condolences 12 days later is wrong?

smh.gif

To say a thread like that has "ran its course" is straight disrespectful. Someone wanting to give their condolences 12 days later is wrong?

smh.gif

Dude made a thread dedicated to his son and Nelson locks it..his excuse "the thread had run its course." straight disrespect. What is your problem, Nelson? What made you think locking dude 's thread was a great idea? Disgusting
smh.gif

Dude made a thread dedicated to his son and Nelson locks it..his excuse "the thread had run its course." straight disrespect. What is your problem, Nelson? What made you think locking dude 's thread was a great idea? Disgusting
smh.gif

"great idea?" when did I say that?

besides.. the thread was created on 5/22/2010.. initially it received many replies and then fell off the front pages...
Then, after 22 days it was bumped up... receiving a page of replies.
Then again, it was bumped after 12 days.

so yes, I'd consider that gravedigging.

again.. if the OP of that thread wants me to open it...I will; however, I'm comfortable with my decision to lock it.. if that makes me a bad guy in your eyes, so be it.

"great idea?" when did I say that?

besides.. the thread was created on 5/22/2010.. initially it received many replies and then fell off the front pages...
Then, after 22 days it was bumped up... receiving a page of replies.
Then again, it was bumped after 12 days.

so yes, I'd consider that gravedigging.

again.. if the OP of that thread wants me to open it...I will; however, I'm comfortable with my decision to lock it.. if that makes me a bad guy in your eyes, so be it.

Back
Top Bottom