Will Dominicans (and other dark skinned latino americans) Ever Embrace Their "Blackness" ?

You're throwing a blanket statement as if to imply that all, a majority or even a sizable number of Hispanics who happen to be black don't embrace their roots. Most of them do just not in the way that most black Americans do or expect them to. It's a different set of shared cultural experiences that have contributed to their history compared to that of blacks here in this country. Just because some Hispanics are black doesn't mean they have anything in common with black Americans or blacks who have grown up in this country.

It's a Hispanic thing, you wouldn't understand.

Originally Posted by SoFreakinWavy

I mean i don't understand how they don't when some ya'll are darker then normal african americans

and most dominicans are dark skinned only the middle class and upper class or ny domincans are light skinned

What does that even mean?
If youre not past a certain shade youre not a normal AA?

I mean i don't understand how they don't when some ya'll are darker then normal african americans

and most dominicans are dark skinned only the middle class and upper class or ny domincans are light skinned

There will always be some separation between dark skinned Latino's and other blacks in the this country. The cultural ties are too strong to seriously adjust or  change  for most . 

Sirius- so what race of people do you identify yourselves with, thats what I would like to knowIts clear as day that hispanics are a mixed race yet the hispanics I know will associate themselves with anything except black, go figure.

Sirius- so what race of people do you identify yourselves with, thats what I would like to knowIts clear as day that hispanics are a mixed race yet the hispanics I know will associate themselves with anything except black, go figure.

There will always be some separation between dark skinned Latino's and other blacks in the this country. The cultural ties are too strong to seriously adjust or  change  for most . 

there are some
pimp.gif
 good look brown/darkskin Dominican ladys

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Are you implying that Hispanic people have some sort of innate ability for comprehension, as opposed to other groups?

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Are you implying that Hispanic people have some sort of innate ability for comprehension, as opposed to other groups?

Originally Posted by Diego

Money said " only middle & upper class dominicans is light skinned".... da rest of us is indentured servents?
grin.gif
Some Black ppl seem to be salty that hispanics don't have a skin tone identity problemWe come as dark or as light as they come and it doesn't matter cuz our hispanic culture is whatBinds us together.

Originally Posted by Diego

Money said " only middle & upper class dominicans is light skinned".... da rest of us is indentured servents?
grin.gif
Some Black ppl seem to be salty that hispanics don't have a skin tone identity problemWe come as dark or as light as they come and it doesn't matter cuz our hispanic culture is whatBinds us together.

Not blackness because that is an African-American thing but accepting their African roots is the issue here. Many deny their African ancestry.

Not blackness because that is an African-American thing but accepting their African roots is the issue here. Many deny their African ancestry.

Back
Top Bottom