Will Lebron's ever be as popular as jordans

Like i've said before, every week their is an exclusive KD, LBJ, or Kobe and i'm being serious. I swear those shoes drop every weekend one behind the other. And they're all the same damn crazy, ugly, color scheme. I'm still puzzled as to why Kobe left Adidas to keep making ugly shoes with Nike. Let's be honest if it wasn't for Kobe, nobody would buy Kobe's at all it's an ugly boring shoe. KDs and LBJs would sell regardless of name. Well the current KDs and LBJs :lol: cause most of the previous generations were fugly.

The performance and durability aspect of the LeBron X are some of the best ever...better than any of the I-XXIII Jordan sigs, imo. Look-wise, I would assume 90% of the general public would choose Jordans over LeBrons.

But if we're talking about using these shoes for what they're meant to be used for...this J's vs LeBrons conversation shouldn't be as lopsided...

Tech gets better over time. This is the aim, but that's besides the point. Let's not act like Nike is all about producing performance only shoes. They have been more about the aesthetics for a long while now.

Like i've said before, every week their is an exclusive KD, LBJ, or Kobe and i'm being serious. I swear those shoes drop every weekend one behind the other. And they're all the same damn crazy, ugly, color scheme. I'm still puzzled as to why Kobe left Adidas to keep making ugly shoes with Nike. Let's be honest if it wasn't for Kobe, nobody would buy Kobe's at all it's an ugly boring shoe. KDs and LBJs would sell regardless of name. Well the current KDs and LBJs :lol: cause most of the previous generations were fugly.

To me, this makes LB and KD lines less valuable and more gimmicked. Why resort to all craziness to get us to buy the shoes? In the normal home, road, all star cw, these shoes would be average at best.

i think the lebron line is really coming into its own.. the 8s, 9s and 10s are equal to the jordan 3,4, and 5 IMO. the shoes he came out with werent really that exciting til they dropped those. the lebron 8.9.10 will be looked at as classics in the future. and once they retro em you can bet people will line up for them.

i think the lebron line is really coming into its own.. the 8s, 9s and 10s are equal to the jordan 3,4, and 5 IMO. the shoes he came out with werent really that exciting til they dropped those. the lebron 8.9.10 will be looked at as classics in the future. and once they retro em you can bet people will line up for them.

How you gonna just ignore the Lebron IV tho. They are slept on soooooo hard and never gets mentioned. I think it's the best in the line so far imo.

To tell you the truth, Lebrons have gotten pretty popular. All the kids round me have been rocking the lebrons, less than jordans. 

How you gonna just ignore the Lebron IV tho. They are slept on soooooo hard and never gets mentioned. I think it's the best in the line so far imo.
THANK YOU. It's one of the best designed sneakers ever. Had to sell my pair because they were too bulky on my feet but they are one of my favorite sneakers of all time

The performance and durability aspect of the LeBron X are some of the best ever...better than any of the I-XXIII Jordan sigs, imo. Look-wise, I would assume 90% of the general public would choose Jordans over LeBrons.

But if we're talking about using these shoes for what they're meant to be used for...this J's vs LeBrons conversation shouldn't be as lopsided...

I play in Lebrons a lot

But no the Jordans XI-XX3 still line up favorably to modern Lebrons. I could even say the Jordan XII and Jordan XVII are better than the X performance wise.

Hmm...no

I cant think of any Lebron colorway that would sell out, let alone sell out instantly if released in general release quantities.

What Lebrons can you really even retro? South Beach 8s? PE Zoom Generations? Lebron II PEs? Fruity Pebble IVs? HWC VIIs?

Even those theres no way you could retro them in Jordan retro quantities. I cant see it. its gonna be hard because people have hoarded Lebrons since the beginning of the line

Last edited:
To tell you the truth, Lebrons have gotten pretty popular. All the kids round me have been rocking the lebrons, less than jordans. 
Pretty much.

But lebrons are easier to get than jordan retros. A lot of colorways of lebrons sit for months. But other colorways like south beach and mango flies off the shelf. 

I play in Lebrons a lot

But no the Jordans XI-XX3 still line up favorably to modern Lebrons. I could even say the Jordan XII and Jordan XVII are better than the X performance wise.

I don't know man. The cushion, support, and lockdown feel of the LeBron X are far better than that of any Jordans I've played in, including the 22, 23, and 17 like you mentioned. I'd say my favorite of the Jordan sigs to hoop in is the 19.

The LeBron X is just the perfect ball shoe to me....to each his own I guess.:\

Last edited:

How puzzling was it when Adidas was releasing shoes like this:

Last edited:
THANK YOU. It's one of the best designed sneakers ever. Had to sell my pair because they were too bulky on my feet but they are one of my favorite sneakers of all time

Still looking for a pair of those. I should have copped then. But I don't want to let the secret out. It's basically a foamposite Lebron :lol:. I don't want to say that too loud before everyone hops on it, it gets retroed in 500 colors and becomes impossible to get online and on twitter :lol:

I'm saying he was making ugly shoes with Adidas and continued the same with Nike. He can't possibly be hands on with Nike? But I'm not sure

They've released way too many colorways/themes for each shoe. Back in the day, everyone had to have a pair of J's whenever the new color came out because it happened 3-4 times a season. Usually it was a black/red, a white/red, a random colorway and maybe a playoff color--it was huge when the new colorway came out.

Now, it's just like "yo, did you see those Cutting Jades/Floridians/Xmas Edition/Corks/Lava/ASG/BHM/Prism/Dunkman/Mango/Dolphins/Olympics"?

Ain't nobody got time for that

They've released way too many colorways/themes for each shoe. Back in the day, everyone had to have a pair of J's whenever the new color came out because it happened 3-4 times a season. Usually it was a black/red, a white/red, a random colorway and maybe a playoff color--it was huge when the new colorway came out.

Now, it's just like "yo, did you see those Cutting Jades/Floridians/Xmas Edition/Corks/Lava/ASG/BHM/Prism/Dunkman/Mango/Dolphins/Olympics"?

Yup. I think it started with those Retro XIVs. Almost every imaginable color came out and because XIVs were one my favs.. I bought each colorway! :smh:

Yup. I think it started with those Retro XIVs. Almost every imaginable color came out and because XIVs were one my favs.. I bought each colorway! :smh:
:lol: :lol: You would think that was an exagerration but it's not at all. And I think it did start with the 14s, there was a boatload of colors. Some that didn't even make sense.

no way in hell are the 8s 9s and 10s equal to the 3s 4s and 5s, you have no idea what youre talking about

no lebron will be looked at as a classic, dude just stop

No shoe will ever surpass Jordans. That's not cause Jordan's are the best looking shoes or anything, its cause of the time period they came out, and it's influence. You can't really replicate that same feeling and movement in 2013.

no way in hell are the 8s 9s and 10s equal to the 3s 4s and 5s, you have no idea what youre talking about

no lebron will be looked at as a classic, dude just stop

off the hype alone

lmao, compare those to the white cement IIIs

the white cement IIIs were EVERYWHERE and still sold out, absolutely everyone has a pair or has owned a pair of white cement IIIs because JB produced a bunch, now thats a GR III cw that everyone loves

the south beach 8s were actually quite plentiful, but were still a limited release, much more limited than the white cement IIIs, on the real, if the south beach 8s didnt have that dumb nick name and were grs (like the white cement IIIs) they would not have sold out

Back
Top Bottom