Will Lebron's ever be as popular as jordans

Never said the SB 8s were better than the IIIs... just pointing out that the SB LB8s will be looked back on as a classic shoe just off the hype it was able to generate. To say Lebron wont EVER have a classic shoe is ignorant.

Last edited:
Never said the SB 8s were better than the IIIs... just pointing out that the SB LB8s will be looked back on as a classic shoe just off the hype it was able to generate. To say Lebron wont EVER have a classic shoe is ignorant.
you missed the point, i compared the sb 8s which you apparently hold in high esteem to a pair of jordans, which although are coveted, are still easily attainable and much more basic

the sb 8s will never be classic, how are they classic? they marked the inevitable move of lebron out of cleveland?

youre arguing a single cw, youre not even arguing the model itself, but a cw, i believe you are the ignorant one, in order to have a classic shoe, the SHOE needs to be a classic, not the cw

can't really see a shoe becoming a classic off the hype alone... isn't that backwards?

A classic is supposed to generate hype, not hype generating a classic

I honestly think that's where the sneaker game is going. Twitter, Instagram, etc. make it become more about the initial "wow factor" and slapping the limited tag on it so people go crazy trying to get a pair.

It becomes more of trying to sell an individual shoe, and not a brand like Jordan. BUT that doesn't mean these shoes Lebron's been putting out won't go down in sneaker history.

Last edited:
No, they will not. Doubt any of these player's shoes will.

1-13 made it too tough! Just look around. Lol even Bron collects J's...

Im not into shoes at all anymore but if I ever think about copping a sneaker itll be a J over a Lebron any day. Nothing will ever replace a Jordan. I have 11 sneakers left and 4 of them are Jordans, 4 are Converse, and the other 3 are Nikes. Havent worn any in years cus of work and dressing up haha. Even though im not into or have the time to wear a sneaker when I do itll be a J.

When people, including those who don't obsess over sneakers, think of the best basketball shoes they think of Jordan first..And as long as Jordans are made, LeBrons can't compete..I mean Chuck Taylors, AF1's, and Shelltoes are easily thought of as classics but none of those are in an Air Jordan's league..And if Nike would ever retro a Lebron it wouldn't sell like a Jordan unless it was a limited colorway like a SB, HWC, SVSM..

some of Lebron kicks will be consider classic when he retires nuff said.

Lebron's won't be more popular than Jordan's doe (dude got his own brand and is an OG, no one is beating him)

Last edited:
mj's hottest shoes are tied to moments in basketball history. lebron's hottest shoes are tied to wild colorways and nike marketing. the lebrons people seek out most, he hasn't even worn on the court.

For us 80s babies, Jordan's are top of the line no contest.
For the latter generations, whatever's hot will sell out, doesn't even have to be tied to an NBA player.

Last I checked.......................

Ain't nobody shooting each other for Lebron's though.................

Only people arguing for lebron are too young to understand.

I haven't even given a damn about sneakers in years but this topic is hilarious :lol:

just the "swoosh factor" is enough for me.

Jordan brand is a brand itself.

Lebron is a nike shoe.

Some people don't even know jordan is nike.

Wow you have ZERO understanding of the sociolgy of popular culture..... jordans were a global phenomenon, they changed the retail industry.... lebrons are just another mindless consumer good

i think lebrons will stick around but never surpass. I dont ever imagine brons retroing and that pretty much says it all.

i think lebrons will stick around but never surpass. I dont ever imagine brons retroing and that pretty much says it all.

I'm sure they will retro some. It will never be like jordan, but some retro will pop here and there for sure.

People who think the SB 8's are classic also call themselves sneakerheads and participate in the shoe game lol.

Back
Top Bottom