Will Nike SB Ever Go Back To What It Used To Be???

the pigeon, tiffanys, supreme, unkles, etc. days when releases dates would cause riots and people would line up for days. or is nike sb done with thatnow?

What they used to be?
You mean simple, good, clean colorways that weren't hyped

Well, if so these could have been the first step back
2hphxmu.jpg

Too bad they got scrapped...

Instead we get trash like these
86on9tg.jpg

and these
2apam9.jpg

Stop with the crap Nike.
Give me good colorways without somekind of stupid theme like the "Gibsons" or "Dr. Feelgoods" or "Ninja Turtles"
or let me make my own.

That would be nice.

I wish they would just re-release old colorways. I'll even take the "minor" changes that they'll probably make if they did do a re-drop.I'd take some true reds with a mesh tounge, some hienys without the star or some low top irons. If they runnin out of ideas its ok to reuse some old ideas.Especially if your only gonna put out crap.

Originally Posted by SuperVi11ain

the pigeon, tiffanys, supreme, unkles, etc. days when releases dates would cause riots and people would line up for days. or is nike sb done with that now?

why would you want all that hype and want to line up for days?

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

What they used to be?

2hphxmu.jpg

86on9tg.jpg

and these
2apam9.jpg

Stop with the crap Nike.
Give me good colorways without somekind of stupid theme like the "Gibsons" or "Dr. Feelgoods" or "Ninja Turtles"
or let me make my own.

1. You can make your own at nike id.

2. you call " the pigeon, tiffanys, supreme, unkles, etc" simple, good, clean colorways that weren'thyped??

are you serious???

i mean...any ONE of those things is wrong....pigeons, tiffs, supremes, and unkles are anything but simple and clean. and they're probably the FOUR mosthyped shoes not from JB.

I am not sure I want things to go back to the lines, and the hype. I know the tiffany release was crazy around my way, and we all know what happened with thepigeons. I just want Nike to come away from the highlighter/hypebeast colors and get back to simple colors that look nice, not the ones that induce seizures onsight

you, just like everyone else calling nsb dead, just wants hyped up collabo releases and have totally neglected the solid releases of the past year or two. yeahsupremes and unkles are nice but, hawaii's, send helps, viotech blazers, the bttys series, peewees, blk/wht blazers, takashi II's, and melvins are verynice too, all of which dropped after the alleged most hyped shoe of all time, the diamonds. so you complain about the shoes when in actuality your complainingthat the hype is gone and i hope you and the hype stays gone.
smh.gif

/vent

Originally Posted by overtime626

you, just like everyone else calling nsb dead, just wants hyped up collabo releases and have totally neglected the solid releases of the past year or two. yeah supremes and unkles are nice but, hawaii's, send helps, viotech blazers, the bttys series, peewees, blk/wht blazers, takashi II's, and melvins are very nice too, all of which dropped after the alleged most hyped shoe of all time, the diamonds. so you complain about the shoes when in actuality your complaining that the hype is gone and i hope you and the hype stays gone.
smh.gif

/vent

Golf dunk lows (yellow)
Urichs
Eires
and honestly, 3 of the most "clean simple good" colorways, the neptunes, crimsons, and weigers, no one gave a damn about. COMPLETE hypocrisy by NT.

Originally Posted by bootleg ed

you, just like everyone else calling nsb dead, just wants hyped up collabo releases and have totally neglected the solid releases of the past year or two. yeah supremes and unkles are nice but, hawaii's, send helps, viotech blazers, the bttys series, peewees, blk/wht blazers, takashi II's, and melvins are very nice too, all of which dropped after the alleged most hyped shoe of all time, the diamonds. so you complain about the shoes when in actuality your complaining that the hype is gone and i hope you and the hype stays gone.
smh.gif

/vent

Golf dunk lows (yellow)
Urichs
Eires
and honestly, 3 of the most "clean simple good" colorways, the neptunes, crimsons, and weigers, no one gave a damn about. COMPLETE hypocrisy by NT.

all of which i bought two pairs of and skated into oblivion, i'm lovin nsb right now, i really feel like they're in the zone

smh.gif

/vent

Golf dunk lows (yellow)
Urichs
Eires

all of which i bought two pairs of and skated into oblivion, i'm lovin nsb right now, i really feel like they're in the zone

i bought all 3 myself too.

What they used to be?

2hphxmu.jpg

86on9tg.jpg

and these
2apam9.jpg

Stop with the crap Nike.
or let me make my own.

2. you call " the pigeon, tiffanys, supreme, unkles, etc" simple, good, clean colorways that weren't hyped??

are you serious???

i mean...any ONE of those things is wrong....pigeons, tiffs, supremes, and unkles are anything but simple and clean. and they're probably the FOUR most hyped shoes not from JB.
1. Hmm I didn't know you could make SBs on nikeID thanks
eyes.gif

2. I meant 02-03

Recently I purchased the Send Help's, MF Dooms(I got them for $100, I liked the colorway.), and Takashi 2s which I got from a Nike Outlet I think, I soldthem though
I just want simple clean colors, like these

2hphxmu.jpg

These are so friken clean
pimp.gif

eyes.gif

2. I meant 02-03

Recently I purchased the Send Help's, MF Dooms(I got them for $100, I liked the colorway.), and Takashi 2s which I got from a Nike Outlet I think, I sold them though

2hphxmu.jpg

pimp.gif

Man how did you find those Takashi II's at an outlet? Cause they went pretty fast everywhere that I checked.

SB dunks at least are dead to me , and its not even because they arent doing collabs

for me , with a shoe like the Dunk that has countless colorways i need a colorway to be both unique and simple for me to cop it . itsgotta catch my eye . for me i need my dunks to have brighter and more vibrant colors , SBs like the jordan packs , cincos , bocas , stussys , and sea crystals. the main reason im not really feeling SB right now is because a lot of the stuff theyre dropping now has duller colors like grays and browns . i dont evenwanna talk about the mids
smh.gif

im def feeling a lot of these P-Rod 2s though ...

i have an air trainer outlook on almost everything sneaker related so bear with me

To me it almost felt like they sold out. i have an older first generation air trainer 1 sb paul brown and looking at the shoe alone, you have no indicationthat the shoe is an SB. except for possibly those in the know because of the colorway, you had no idea that it was branded that way. I guess I liked it morelike that. the paul brown kept true to the OG tag and nike stitch logo tagging of its 1987 originial. It may have been an SB but it stayed true to its origins.
airtrainerBsb1.JPG
airtrainerBsb3.JPG
airtrainerBsb4.JPG

Was Nike stupid and naive at the time of its arrival? you have this new SB division and your first shoe shows no indication of such, except for the box you gotthem in. To me the way they are now. its like a car owner feeling a need to paint in big bold letters that his car is "rare and limited to just 25production models" all over the place. As if the car would be insignifcant without such branding.

now thats all we get with nike trainer SB's.
supremetrainerwhite1.jpg

In essence, they gave into the buyers who feel the need to have that self indulgence on just what their wearing. they have to be reminded. I cant stand it andwont deal with it one bit.
its literally exactly what jordan brand did with the jordan logo instead of NIKE AIR on its retros. thankfully not all air trainers are SBs so the nike AIRbranding still exists.

call it what you will but this little pet peeve says a lot about the direction they took early on.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

i have an air trainer outlook on almost everything sneaker related so bear with me

To me it almost felt like they sold out. i have an older first generation air trainer 1 sb paul brown and looking at the shoe alone, you have no indication that the shoe is an SB. except for possibly those in the know because of the colorway, you had no idea that it was branded that way. I guess I liked it more like that. the paul brown kept true to the OG tag and nike stitch logo tagging of its 1987 originial. It may have been an SB but it stayed true to its origins.
airtrainerBsb1.JPG
airtrainerBsb3.JPG
airtrainerBsb4.JPG

Was Nike stupid and naive at the time of its arrival? you have this new SB division and your first shoe shows no indication of such, except for the box you got them in. To me the way they are now. its like a car owner feeling a need to paint in big bold letters that his car is "rare and limited to just 25 production models" all over the place. As if the car would be insignifcant without such branding.

now thats all we get with nike trainer SB's.
supremetrainerwhite1.jpg

In essence, they gave into the buyers who feel the need to have that self indulgence on just what their wearing. they have to be reminded. I cant stand it and wont deal with it one bit.
its literally exactly what jordan brand did with the jordan logo instead of NIKE AIR on its retros. thankfully not all air trainers are SBs so the nike AIR branding still exists.

call it what you will but this little pet peeve says a lot about the direction they took early on.

Well said Wally. The Paul Brown Trainer 1's, were such a great colorway, and what made it even better, was that only those who knew the colorway, knewthat it was an SB shoe. But as the evolution shows, it's as if its going backwards somehow.

As for the listed SB's of the author, I could care less about those colorways. When the price of 'limited' SB's reach what OG Jordans command,you can have 'em, seriously. As for the SB releases/colors/etc, they will NEVER go back to the way it was. You will NEVER see simple colorways, or colorsthat anyone will take seriously. Save your money, and buy smart.

for those of you calling me a hypebeast for wanting nsb to make hyped shoes that is not wat i want. i prefer clean, simple colorways. i was only wondering ifnsb will ever head back in that direction again.

As someone pointed out i highly doubt that NSB will ever go back to what it was for a number of reasons. Firstly the Dunks itself is dead shoe, Nike took itand milked it for all it was without thinking long term. Secondly the consumer is king and at the moment all they want is candy pop colourways and easy to workout themes (three bears, pork and mindy etc etc).

But as stated dont fool yourself just buy smart because amongst all the crap that NSB release they're some gems here and there.

But i truly feel that the Trainer 2 (TW II) could bring NSB back to its glory days as long as its handled correctly. I wont say more, you'll have to pay meif you wanna know, halla at the kid Nike ha.

What they used to be?

2hphxmu.jpg

86on9tg.jpg

and these
2apam9.jpg

Stop with the crap Nike.
or let me make my own.

2. you call " the pigeon, tiffanys, supreme, unkles, etc" simple, good, clean colorways that weren't hyped??

are you serious???

i mean...any ONE of those things is wrong....pigeons, tiffs, supremes, and unkles are anything but simple and clean. and they're probably the FOUR most hyped shoes not from JB.
eyes.gif

2. I meant 02-03

Recently I purchased the Send Help's, MF Dooms(I got them for $100, I liked the colorway.), and Takashi 2s which I got from a Nike Outlet I think, I sold them though

2hphxmu.jpg

pimp.gif

OH i get it you're a beast who just likes sbs....not dunks pursay, cause, the clean GRs and 6.0s, IDs, and even Quickstrikes that come out monthly, arejust not good enough..you must have a zoom air sole....even though you can add them if you like....
what is it about just SBs that puts butterflies in yourtummy? the pink box they came in? the low production numbers? Cause either way you're coming across as real corny right here.

i think da post starter just wants SB's to be "the it" shoes again...not gonna happen when nike releases SO many dunks of all kinds...da generalconsumer don't care no more...

Back
Top Bottom