Will Nike SB Ever Go Back To What It Used To Be???

as much as i love the sb's that i own, the sad truth is that nowadays, in the words of Ol' Dirty "sb's is for the children"

08 looks good, and to be honest, i didn't like they hyped up phase...it was terrible, and everyone wanted to get a pair just because they were supposed tobe exclusive or whatever...now people buy what they like, i think the 08 lineup looks good, and i loved the Amps, Bruts, Peewees, takashi 2's, thenewcastles look dope, the gore texs too, as well as a couple others...but please continue to think sb's suck...makes it easier and cheaper for me to cop.

I like alot of the sb's they can be very creative i just think they focus on pop culture too much like ever other shoe is after a different band or a t.v.show but you gotta look at it like this how many bands t.v. shows etc... are there the possibilities are endless. The 08 lineup isnt that bad diggin themystery mexico's and some others(cant think of their names).I do get what dude is sayin though. I need those homers, one of the hardest Sb's ever!!!

Originally Posted by bootleg ed

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

What they used to be?
You mean simple, good, clean colorways that weren't hyped

Well, if so these could have been the first step back
2hphxmu.jpg

Too bad they got scrapped...

Instead we get trash like these
86on9tg.jpg

and these
2apam9.jpg

Stop with the crap Nike.
Give me good colorways without somekind of stupid theme like the "Gibsons" or "Dr. Feelgoods" or "Ninja Turtles"
or let me make my own.

1. You can make your own at nike id.

2. you call " the pigeon, tiffanys, supreme, unkles, etc" simple, good, clean colorways that weren't hyped??

are you serious???

i mean...any ONE of those things is wrong....pigeons, tiffs, supremes, and unkles are anything but simple and clean. and they're probably the FOUR most hyped shoes not from JB.
1. Hmm I didn't know you could make SBs on nikeID thanks
eyes.gif

2. I meant 02-03

Recently I purchased the Send Help's, MF Dooms(I got them for $100, I liked the colorway.), and Takashi 2s which I got from a Nike Outlet I think, I sold them though
I just want simple clean colors, like these

2hphxmu.jpg

These are so friken clean
pimp.gif

OH i get it you're a beast who just likes sbs....not dunks pursay, cause, the clean GRs and 6.0s, IDs, and even Quickstrikes that come out monthly, are just not good enough..you must have a zoom air sole....even though you can add them if you like....
what is it about just SBs that puts butterflies in your tummy? the pink box they came in? the low production numbers? Cause either way you're coming across as real corny right here.
laugh.gif
What is your problem? This is a thread about how Nike Sbs were when they first came out. ask most people who were there for the 1st/2nd series ofNSBs and they will tell you they were the best. I'm coming across as corny? Really?
eyes.gif
All I want is for Sbs to bring back Good Clean colorways.

What they used to be?

2hphxmu.jpg

86on9tg.jpg

and these
2apam9.jpg

Stop with the crap Nike.
Give me good colorways without somekind of stupid theme like the "Gibsons" or "Dr. Feelgoods" or "Ninja Turtles"
or let me make my own.

1. You can make your own at nike id.

2. you call " the pigeon, tiffanys, supreme, unkles, etc" simple, good, clean colorways that weren't hyped??

are you serious???

i mean...any ONE of those things is wrong....pigeons, tiffs, supremes, and unkles are anything but simple and clean. and they're probably the FOUR most hyped shoes not from JB.

HAHAHAHA, when I first read SoHI's comment I was thinking
the exact same thing! I'm glad someone pointed it out. It's funny,
because most of the NT community don't realize how much of a
hypebeast they really are until they make comments such as this.
I'm sorry, but we're all hypebeasts for even being on NT in the
first place.

bootleg - Great comments bro! Best thing I've read in awhile!

i wish they would go back to there roots
the new sb stuff is total trash and it hasnt been the same since mf doom

I'm torn on the idea of retro'ing 1st series SB's. On one hand, I would love the chance to own some classics that are too rare or too pricey, butjust like Jordans it would hurt to see kids with crispy pairs that they just bought when you've been sitting on yours for years just waiting to breaknecks.

Originally Posted by that262redhead

I'm torn on the idea of retro'ing 1st series SB's. On one hand, I would love the chance to own some classics that are too rare or too pricey, but just like Jordans it would hurt to see kids with crispy pairs that they just bought when you've been sitting on yours for years just waiting to break necks.
So True

Originally Posted by Tronics

But i truly feel that the Trainer 2 (TW II) could bring NSB back to its glory days as long as its handled correctly. I wont say more, you'll have to pay me if you wanna know, halla at the kid Nike ha.
This post makes me feel "good vibrations"...
Could it be that NSB is preparing another "Trainer SB" merchandise? SC IIs maybe...?

OH i get it you're a beast who just likes sbs....not dunks pursay, cause, the clean GRs and 6.0s, IDs, and even Quickstrikes that come out monthly, are just not good enough..you must have a zoom air sole....even though you can add them if you like....
indifferent.gif

yeah I'll be rushing to finishline to pickup a pair Zoom air insoles for 14.99...I guess you forgot that SB-edition dunks are more often made with higherquality materials, and are to me much more comfortable than GR dunks..let alone another variety of colors. Just because the guy prefers SBs over gr dunks in noway makes him a "beast."

just like loud colors, it has also become a trend to hate all things new. not saying the original poster is doing this simply as a product of the trends, butthere are nowadays three types of people in the sneaker world: og collectors whove been since the jump, hypebeasts (everybody according to everybody else), andthose who think they are og collectors because they reminisce to the old days of kicks.
nsb is not dead yet, its not official truly that the goretex's have been scrapped. the gnr lows were solid, and the blazer, trainer, and tre lines are allgaining moment really really quick.

Originally Posted by overtime626

you, just like everyone else calling nsb dead, just wants hyped up collabo releases and have totally neglected the solid releases of the past year or two. yeah supremes and unkles are nice but, hawaii's, send helps, viotech blazers, the bttys series, peewees, blk/wht blazers, takashi II's, and melvins are very nice too, all of which dropped after the alleged most hyped shoe of all time, the diamonds. so you complain about the shoes when in actuality your complaining that the hype is gone and i hope you and the hype stays gone.
smh.gif

/vent

Golf dunk lows (yellow)
Urichs
Eires
and honestly, 3 of the most "clean simple good" colorways, the neptunes, crimsons, and weigers, no one gave a damn about. COMPLETE hypocrisy by NT.

all of which i bought two pairs of and skated into oblivion, i'm lovin nsb right now, i really feel like they're in the zone

i bought all 3 myself too.

those 3 i slept on EARLY.
tired.gif
which were on sale for bout $40-$50self
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by that262redhead

I'm torn on the idea of retro'ing 1st series SB's. On one hand, I would love the chance to own some classics that are too rare or too pricey, but just like Jordans it would hurt to see kids with crispy pairs that they just bought when you've been sitting on yours for years just waiting to break necks.

eyes.gif
this kind of elitist attitude is what created all the hype in thefirst place.....

Originally Posted by areyouin729

they need to retro the 1st series

i havent bought a pair of SB's since the Huf and Pufs
hufnpufs were ill.

I mean...any ONE of those things is wrong....pigeons, tiffs, supremes, and unkles are anything but simple and clean. and they're probably the FOUR most hyped shoes not from JB.
Aside from the unkles, the supremes, pigeons and tiffs (supremes to a slightly lesser extent, tiffs to even lesser) all did have a very simple andclean aesthetic to it. The material choice and colour combinations worked. They might not have been bare-bones simple, but they were clean.

laugh.gif
@ the Dooms being a significant point where Nike SB"Dropped off"

the whole Nike SB division as whole is in the zone right now. They are right where they are supposed to be - products for skate. It really seems like"what it used to be" is simply when it was a relatively small demographic who knew about SBs. Nike is working to legitimize themselves as a skatecompany. They met the needs/requests of their skaters by making the vulk'd harbor, and the Tre/P Rod show a commitment to imrpove technology/innovate asnike always has (buying savier -> eCue -> Tre AD). I personally feel the reason why the PRod2 was given so manycolourways was to use a different silhouette as a hype machine and bring a little bit of attention away from the dunk.

Not all of these dunks are even SBs "marquee" product. When SB was expanding there was a demand from skaters for dunks but the hype machine just madeit almost impossible to get for people who just wanted to skate. So Nike will push out some more dunks in more variety. Really exactly waht they need to be.There still ARE quality dunks.

Really, a lot of the ones complaining about Nike SB just aren't happy with the loss of exclusivity now htat so many people are up on it and just want somemassively hyped campout type release.

Originally Posted by Poofyo101

i'd expect no less of the proud owner of a reselling business
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

you, just like everyone else calling nsb dead, just wants hyped up collabo releases and have totally neglected the solid releases of the past year or two. yeah supremes and unkles are nice but, hawaii's, send helps, viotech blazers, the bttys series, peewees, blk/wht blazers, takashi II's, and melvins are very nice too, all of which dropped after the alleged most hyped shoe of all time, the diamonds. so you complain about the shoes when in actuality your complaining that the hype is gone and i hope you and the hype stays gone.
smh.gif

/vent

Golf dunk lows (yellow)
Urichs
Eires
and honestly, 3 of the most "clean simple good" colorways, the neptunes, crimsons, and weigers, no one gave a damn about. COMPLETE hypocrisy by NT.

all of which i bought two pairs of and skated into oblivion, i'm lovin nsb right now, i really feel like they're in the zone

i bought all 3 myself too.

those 3 i slept on EARLY.
tired.gif
which were on sale for bout $40-$50 self
indifferent.gif
Weigers are probably one of the most cleanest dunk's ever
glasses.gif
, I got some like in feb. of this year for $35.00, deadstock.
Passed on those neptunes for $70.00 around the same time at belmont army in the Chi.

What they used to be?

2hphxmu.jpg

86on9tg.jpg

and these
2apam9.jpg

Stop with the crap Nike.
or let me make my own.

I don't see anything wrong with those Donatello's or those pink and blue dunk highs. Lose the purple laces on the Donatello's and replace themwith green laces and you got yourself a pretty clean shoe. And those highs I'm predicting to be one of the sleepers of this year. In my opinion nike isdoing it right this year. Sure they're putting out some bright distracting hyped up shoes like the skate or dies or the 720's to serve up the beastsbut they are also putting out some rather clean shoes such as the donatello's, pink and blue highs, air trainer II's, piet's, fender bass mids,send help mids, sea crystal blazers, etc. Also Nike doesn't make the nicknames of shoes, people on ISS give nicknames to nearly every SB, but Im sure Nikedoesn't mind because it helps them to sell more shoes. So In my opinion nike sb will always be how they used to, they will always make hyped up shoes forthe beasts and throw in a few solid clean shoes for people like me.

Wow. The Gortex got scrapped? Info on that.

If Its true....Ima hafta go looking for a pair of PeeWee's
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom