Will Nike SB Ever Go Back To What It Used To Be???

Originally Posted by kings castle

ehhhhh i guess i stand alone on this statement but i like the new sbs just as much as the old ones

i'm with ya
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ZieGirl

off topic, but when was the first sb series released?

the first series to release is the pro bs in 99. on the contrary i do like the some of the comin releases like the Aqua mids, tokyo mids and a greyand beige low with a red swoosh(i have no idea what they are called). real simple colorways.

i mean with the dunks u listed in your 1st post, there was a lot of distance in between the few you named and there were more than a few dudesmixed in there...i think they got all swept up in making concept kicks and package deals that they lost the ideal that simple is hot. The hulks, Wheathi's, both carhartts, both vamps, lodens, these were all simple colorways that were jus crazy with the occassional outside the box thinkin pair like thecali's, huf's, unkle's...etc. Nike SB needs to get back to being simple and not so damn flamboyant with the colors. its like they are tryin tocater to the younger generation whit some of these ridiculous creations...its been way too many dudes and too little fresh pairs. Thats why i haven'tcopped many sb's in the last 2 years

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

i mean with the dunks u listed in your 1st post, there was a lot of distance in between the few you named and there were more than a few dudes mixed in there...i think they got all swept up in making concept kicks and package deals that they lost the ideal that simple is hot. The hulks, Wheat hi's, both carhartts, both vamps, lodens, these were all simple colorways that were jus crazy with the occassional outside the box thinkin pair like the cali's, huf's, unkle's...etc. Nike SB needs to get back to being simple and not so damn flamboyant with the colors. its like they are tryin to cater to the younger generation whit some of these ridiculous creations...its been way too many dudes and too little fresh pairs. Thats why i haven't copped many sb's in the last 2 years

but when they started to go more out there like the unkles, the tiffany's, the de la souls, and so on they got more hyped and sold quicker.

And thats the answer to the thread. No they won't because they sold quicker/made more when they got more 'out there'.

i only kept my jedis (ended up cashing out on Stussys, Broncos, Tiffs, Calis, and some other old ones last year). There hasn't been a release I'vereally liked since the Hawaiis, but what I will say is I still see people rockin the latest new colorway around Manhattan. A lot of people got on it reallylate- Nike is still making bank.

I wish shoes were more limited and more hyped, just so there'd be no chance in hell of me ever owning that pair. Yeah, that's what shoe collecting isall about, the most pictures you can find of them online.

Nike has done to the dunk SB...the same thing it did to the air force one. Pimped it out like a cheap prostitute. The days of Nike SBs being underground aredone. All the younger consumers want to wear are SBs cause, they are sooooo widespread now. SBs are postered everywhere!!! And it doesn't matter whatquality that drops, it all sells.

The bad thing is...cats that use to line up and buy SBs don't anymore because of the lack of quality releases...and because Nike SB drops 4-5 pairs ofdunks every month now. Too many damn releases. But with the demise of the campout...and the lack of it being limited now, SB dunks are being bought all thetime now...cause stores have all 5 colorways, readily available to all the newcomer SB buyers. SB's have replaced the basic white on white air force forgoodness sake!!!

I've sold off a few of my SBs this past month (both colorway Avengers, Hawaii's, Bocas, J-Packs, Cincos, Dela Soul lows, Ice Crystals, Oompas,Pufnstufs...etc) cause If that's all that people are wearing right now...I'ma make that paper. And make that paper I did!!!
happy.gif

Funny thing is...try selling some co.jp Dunks or some euros that dropped 5-6 years ago. Cats won't even bid on it cause they don't know what the hellit is. It ain't a SB...they don't want it.

Back
Top Bottom