Will T-Mac get past the First Round

but at least u got gasol, who's more skilled offensively than bynum. and gasol > bynum. so technically, u should improve.
and they did, but Im just saying your telling me those games dont count since that team hasnt jelled yet, but then you try to use evidence likethe lakers losing to the hawks to prove they arent the team to beat. I dont know about you, but you should be beating teams your supposed to 3/4 of the waythrough the season. The lakers have had like 10-15 games to mesh with Gasol, so technically it is roughly the same as when you guys lost to teams like Miami

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

In a seven-game series...

Spurs- No.
Lakers- No.
Jazz- Maybe.
New Orleans- Likely.
Phoenix- Likely.
Dallas- Maybe.
Warriors- Maybe.
Denver- Yes.

Fixed again.
smile.gif

I'ma say this.

Utah. Utah is a good ball club, but they're not so hot on the road this year. If the Rockets face the Jazz, the Rockets will have homecourt. Also, theRockets have quicker and more agile PF's to try and contain Boozer this time. Last time the series went 7 games. I think it goes 7 again if they matchup.

New Orleans has made strides, but who knows how they fare in a 7 game series. They're a young ball club. The Rockets have beaten them by 20 3 weeks ago,and 10 a week ago. The Rockets have shown they can beat this ball club.

No team in the Western Conference should be afraid of Phoenix. Once the Shaq deal fell through, half the basketball league laughed, thinking it was a baddeal. The other half thought it was a great deal, as Shaq gives them an inside force come playoff time. Well, the playoffs are approaching, and again, youshouldn't be afraid of the Suns. They have a good team on paper, but the pieces aren't gelling together. Maybe that changes in due time, but as ofnow, Phoenix isn't the powerhouse they once were.

Same thing with Dallas. Dallas is a legit ballclub, but whether it's the injury or the arrival of J. Kidd, Josh Howard has sucked. You take away JoshHoward being the viable 3rd scorer behind Dirk and JET, and you're left with having to rely on Stackhouse and Kidd to score. Good luck with that. Threeyears ago when the Rockets faced the Mavs in the first round, the whole basketball world thought the Mavericks had the deeper and more talented team. Thatseries went 7 games. I think it goes 7 again if they face off.

The Rockets can run with the Warriors without Yao. Better without than with, because Al Harrington every game does a good job of fronting Yao, denying theentry pass. We'll see how the new look Rockets fare against the Warriors in two weeks when they face off in Oakland.

Denver is a scary team on paper, AI, Melo and Camby, but something just ain't right with that team. And even if they do make it in, they're going toface a team that has homecourt advantage on them. Denver is the worst playoff viable team on the road. Check their road record. It is
sick.gif
. Plus, under George Karl, they're not built for anything more than firstround exit anyway, since they play no D.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

but at least u got gasol, who's more skilled offensively than bynum. and gasol > bynum. so technically, u should improve.
and they did, but Im just saying your telling me those games dont count since that team hasnt jelled yet, but then you try to use evidence like the lakers losing to the hawks to prove they arent the team to beat. I dont know about you, but you should be beating teams your supposed to 3/4 of the way through the season. The lakers have had like 10-15 games to mesh with Gasol, so technically it is roughly the same as when you guys lost to teams like Miami

u just added gasol. we added a new coach, 3-4 new players (2 of them got traded and 1 of them got injured so u know how messed up the rotation was, thentmac got injured too).

a sign of a team meshing is how they're moving things offensively. from what i see, gasol is not struggling one bit. if anything, it's the defensethat has faltered but gasol was never even an average defender.

u just added gasol. we added a new coach, 3-4 new players (2 of them got traded and 1 of them got injured so u know how messed up the rotation was, then tmac got injured too).
a) they added Gasol but subtracted Bynum

B) You guys only added Scola and James, the latter of the two you traded. Francis doesnt count since he barely played, anyway you put it, it isnt muchdifferent

u just added gasol. we added a new coach, 3-4 new players (2 of them got traded and 1 of them got injured so u know how messed up the rotation was, then tmac got injured too).
a) they added Gasol but subtracted Bynum

B) You guys only added Scola and James, the latter of the two you traded. Francis doesnt count since he barely played, anyway you put it, it isnt much different

u also forget we added adelman. the team struggled with his offense earlier (yao failed at the high post, people didn't know how to cut after 4 yrsunder JVG...) -> that's bigger than anything else.

tell me when the lakers changed from the triangle to a JVG system and sees how tough it is or vice versa

I am really really rooting for T-Mac to get out of the first round. If he doesn't, well, does the phrase "suicide watch" mean anything to youguys?
laugh.gif

Here's a good question I have: If Houston finishes with the best record in the L, does T-Mac deserve the MVP? I'm leaning toward yes.

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

I am really really rooting for T-Mac to get out of the first round. If he doesn't, well, does the phrase "suicide watch" mean anything to you guys?
laugh.gif

Here's a good question I have: If Houston finishes with the best record in the L, does T-Mac deserve the MVP? I'm leaning toward yes.

I don't that happening... he can't win MVP cuz he missed about half the season plus everyone on the team is balling. If he scores 10 pointsnowadays, they still win.

^
True, but people in favor of T-Mac for MVP could say that since he is without Yao, he has since elevated his game and it has shown through their win streak.

They could also point out that he could technically be considered the best player on the best team, which would mean that he should get the MVP like Dirk did.

I'm just saying, I'm not a Houston fan but it'd be interesting to see how the MVP votes shake out if Houston could pull off a #1 seed.

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

^
True, but people in favor of T-Mac for MVP could say that since he is without Yao, he has since elevated his game and it has shown through their win streak.

They could also point out that he could technically be considered the best player on the best team, which would mean that he should get the MVP like Dirk did.

I'm just saying, I'm not a Houston fan but it'd be interesting to see how the MVP votes shake out if Houston could pull off a #1 seed.

he doesn't and should not win the MVP. MVPs play at a high level for an entire season, which kobe, lebron, and paul have done. those will be the top 3candidates. and kobe will win if his team has a top 3 record.

if tmac played like he had since the all-star break all year and put up 26, 5, 7, then yes, he probably would be right behind kobe right now but he didnt.playing at a high level for 30-35 games do not make you an MVP.

^ yao was healthy right now with tmac, Yao would be MVP if they get the 1st seed cuz Yao was carrying that team and scoring a lot when tmac was out and scola,landry, and rafer was developing.

So easy to spot the haters when they try to discredit a 19 game winning streak
sorry that not everyone is so hyped up to the point that they think that the Rockets will get out of the first round. Yeah you guys have a 19 game win streak, cool. It will go down as one of the greatest in NBA history, but come playoffs time, its always something else with the Rockets. Bottomline Rockets = First round exit

I'm not even talkin bout being hyped bout the winning streak but the fact that y'all are discrediting it is beyond pathetic. Dudes are in hereacting as if their favorite teams were given the SAME schedule, that it could be done. Well guess what, the teams that you haters say are WEAK, etc. probablyJUST beat YOUR favorite team. That's why i said it's SOOOO easy to spot the haters.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

So easy to spot the haters when they try to discredit a 19 game winning streak
sorry that not everyone is so hyped up to the point that they think that the Rockets will get out of the first round. Yeah you guys have a 19 game win streak, cool. It will go down as one of the greatest in NBA history, but come playoffs time, its always something else with the Rockets. Bottomline Rockets = First round exit

I'm not even talkin bout being hyped bout the winning streak but the fact that y'all are discrediting it is beyond pathetic. Dudes are in here acting as if their favorite teams were given the SAME schedule, that it could be done. Well guess what, the teams that you haters say are WEAK, etc. probably JUST beat YOUR favorite team. That's why i said it's SOOOO easy to spot the haters.

bulls just beat the jazz; kings and blazers just beat the kings. i guess it's not that hard to pull off a 19gm winning streak when u play thebulls/blazers/kings
sick.gif

you may not agree that the rockets are the best team (which i don't either), but the streak is impressive regardless of how you look at it.

as much as i like to see houston falls, the rockets will probably get past the 1st round this year
esp if they face a Dallas, G.State, N.O. or Denver

I'm not even talkin bout being hyped bout the winning streak but the fact that y'all are discrediting it is beyond pathetic. Dudes are in here acting as if their favorite teams were given the SAME schedule, that it could be done. Well guess what, the teams that you haters say are WEAK, etc. probably JUST beat YOUR favorite team. That's why i said it's SOOOO easy to spot the haters.
gotcha
wink.gif

gotcha
wink.gif

the lakers announcers said that the lakers are already talking about the sunday's game v. the rockets, wanting to break that streak when it hits 21
wink.gif

cant wait for the playoffs, hopefully t-mac can turn into a beast like is magic days, but this time his supporting cast is much better.

was the sunday game vs laker originally going to be aired on NBATV? if so, talk about flex scheduling, lol

This is pretty interesting to look at the lakers first 17 games with Pau. They played a MUCH more cream puff schedule than the Rockets have in their winningstreak and lost 3 games. Im not adding to the getting out of the 1st round of the playoffs thing..but for those who want to discredit a 19 game winning streak,how come the "best team in the west" couldnt do it vs. an easier schedule... Remember these are NOT my words just something i found interesting.

THE FOLLOWING IS FROM SOMEONE FROM CLUTCHFANS.NET

Lakers first 17 games with Pau...
New Jersey
Atlanta (LOSS)
Orlando
Miami
Charlotte
Minnesota
Atlanta
Phoenix
Clippers
Seattle
Portland
Miami
Portland (LOSS)
Dallas
Sacramento
Clippers
Sacramento (LOSS)

THAT, my friends, is a creampuff schedule. It's to their credit that they took care of business and went 14-3 during
that stretch. But look at those same teams list in order of winning percentage, starting with the few good teams:

Phoenix .651
Dallas .635
Orlando .625
Portland .524
Portland .524 (LOSS)
---------------------
Sacramento .444
Sacramento .444 (LOSS)
Atlanta .419
Atlanta .419 (LOSS)
New Jersey .413
Charlotte .381
Clippers .328
Clippers .328
Seattle .254
Minnesota .226
Miami .180
Miami .180

It's no surprise they've done well with Gasol -- ANY top-tier team should win most of those games. In fact,
of the above 17 games they've played with Gasol...

* 12 games were against sub-.500 teams.
* 14 games were against sub-.525 teams.
* 24% were against the league's worst four teams.
* The three losses were against mediocre teams, including a loss at HOME to the Kings.
* Only three wins were against quality opponents -- the slumping Mavs at home; the Suns in their FIRST
game trying to work Shaq into the team; and in Orlando (the only post-Gasol win I'd consider impressive).

Discuss...

All this playoff talk is too premature, bring this topic back in the last week of the regular season when we find out who the Rockets play in the first round. Personally I think the Rockets will cool down, down the stretch and win around 11-12 out of their last 19 games and finish 4th or 5th in the West.

All I know is that the West playoffs is going to be some of the best NBA action we're getting in a longggggg time.

Back
Top Bottom