***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Gold medal game: SUN, 08/11 @ 9:30am EST. Going for 8TH STRAIGHT GOLD!

Discourse on the WNBA been disgusting on both sides. Lot of gatekeeping from old WNBA fans. A lot nasty from the CC brigade. A lot of hating.

And the league is probably eating this up too.
:smh:

I've been on the WNBA subreddit for a couple years. It wasn't super active but there was also damn near 0 trolling or hate. Now everyday i go in there there's a Clark hate thread, a Pro clark thread, and a bunch of posts hating on new fans :lol:

I've been on the WNBA subreddit for a couple years. It wasn't super active but there was also damn near 0 trolling or hate. Now everyday i go in there there's a Clark hate thread, a Pro clark thread, and a bunch of posts hating on new fans :lol:
*starts CC hate thread here on NT*

And I’m up voting everything over there

• Haha
Reactions: HIM
Seems like she’s being more hyped and talked about than wemby was this season.
absolutely, as she should. since the wnba's inception, they have never garnered this much attention and buzz surrounding the league. many from the outside saw it as a losing venture that the nba supports. this current growth has been astronomical. they've been clamoring for people to pay attention and clark (and the new group of rookies) has given them a reason to follow the sport. a lot of ya prob too young to remember the nba when it was still on tape delay and was behind other major sports. this seems similiar as far as turning point

like the nba, the WNba should embrace all that comes with this new found attention. there are going to be trolls and hot takes coming from all sides, they just need to know how to embrace it and profit from it (new tv rights, bigger contracts, no more having to play overseas, etc.)

I’ll make an exception for her taking Taurasi’s spot

Would love this for the absolute chaos.

DT would pull up on CC

1054d193-2224-4b6e-80d4-0bf8982ebffa-gif.3115478

As toxic and insane as some of the discourse has been, this is the nail on the head at the end of the day :lol:

Pretty much comes with the territory for being a popular sport/league/show/movie etc in 2024

She doesn’t deserve a team USA spot and I hope they don’t put that target on her back. Even though we are going to cruise, it’s still a bad look
I’d honestly be shocked if it didn’t happen. TV deal negotiations coming up. More data to point at viewership rising astronomically. She doesn’t deserve it though.

Back
Top Bottom