***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Gold medal game: SUN, 08/11 @ 9:30am EST. Going for 8TH STRAIGHT GOLD!

Angel knows what she’s doing. She gets to play the “supporting black women at all costs” card.

It’ll land with those she’s doing this song and and dance for.

I was wondering about that. Mabrey is my bae but she’s a goon and chennedy is crazy but they did nothing when alyssa thomas was giving angel a dominatrix session and roughing her up.

Angel knows what she’s doing. She gets to play the “supporting black women at all costs” card.

It’ll land with those she’s doing this song and and dance for.
There’s probably some truth to that but Angel is also a 22 year old who is navigating her first year as a pro. We already saw her come out after the season at LSU and say how much she struggled with all of the attention and backlash there. She’s still impressionable herself, and likely looking to a vet who she thinks has her best interests in mind. She prob grew up watching Chennedy in college

I will say that with new people watching the W and women’s basketball comes great responsibility from the players, fans and media that covers these women. Having been a tennis fan my entire life and being a women’s tennis fan since I was 8, I’ve seen this play out many times. New players come in, (Venus and Serena) vets make them pay their dues (Martina N and others) rivalries take hold (Williams sisters, Hingis, Capriati, Davenport), the game gets better and everyone gets paid (women’s tennis players get paid as much as the men).

With that said, thinking back on things the media was very irresponsible when talking about the Williams Sisters. Richard was accused of match fixing, tennis commentators would compare them to men and say they were men, fans were super racist (pre social media), rivals were scums. The last thing the W needs is for fights to breakout especially if they involve CC.

Early days of Twitter was the Wild Wild West :lol:

Stringers GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

i’ll give Reese some bail. The tweet headline doesn’t provide actual context to her point.

Still an oy vey moment that lends credence to my belief that she’s fully aware of how she’s responding to the press.

Kinda wish clark had the personality of larry bird. Everything would be more entertaining.

Agree with KMart but I don't think she has it in her. People keep saying she needs a goon but she gotta stand up for herself at some point.

Agree with Gil. Sportscaster that keep trying to tell us people don't like Clark are delusional or simply lying.

The white man having the privilege to double down while facing no reprucssions is amazing to watch every time.

Back
Top Bottom